ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Trivia!!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Who were the two former Huskers that played in the Super Bowl for the LA Rams vs. the Steelers 40 years ago (1979 season) ?

Reactions: Sinomatic
Interesting story. George was a close family friend. He was an only child and my dad and his dad taught together for many years. Since George didnt have any siblings, i would get all sorts of stuff from him (Husker & Rams gear). He got a pair of white Puma shoes to play in the Super Bowl his rookie season but didnt want them as he wore Nike. His dad gave them to me several years latter when I started to play in high school. Were a little big but that didnt bother me because they were Super Bowl shoes. The things feel apart halfway thru the season with the post coming up thru the bottom of the shoes to give me the worst blisters in the pads of my feet. Worst shoes ever from the Super Bowl!

Interesting story. George was a close family friend. He was an only child and my dad and his dad taught together for many years. Since George didnt have any siblings, i would get all sorts of stuff from him (Husker & Rams gear). He got a pair of white Puma shoes to play in the Super Bowl his rookie season but didnt want them as he wore Nike. His dad gave them to me several years latter when I started to play in high school. Were a little big but that didnt bother me because they were Super Bowl shoes. The things feel apart halfway thru the season with the post coming up thru the bottom of the shoes to give me the worst blisters in the pads of my feet. Worst shoes ever from the Super Bowl!
Ok, now you are just showing off!!!:)

Actually, very cool story!!!

ADVERTISEMENT