ADVERTISEMENT

More talk of Power 5 teams to leave the NCAA

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
Sounds like it would become carte blanche for the SEC! Who is going to keep the fox out of the hen house? B1G schools, with a couple of exceptions, will get chewed up and spit out!
I'm not a huge fan of the NCAA, but it does keep things a little in balance. If this comes to fruition, then it's going to become a free for all! Might as well become NFL2!

Its the natural progression. At this point, there is no reason that a team like northern Illinois or Akron should be in the same group as Alabama or Texas. The p5 should split off and form their own athletic association, which would open up opportunities for those smaller teams to pursue goals beyond just an unknown bowl bid, and allow the larger schools to not be tethered to schools they have nothing in common with.

I told you NFL Lite was coming. It doesn't have to be, but with Harbaugh wanting to make it easier for him to "care" about the student-athlete it may be too late to stop the momentum. After that is complete, you'll see schools shut down their starters late in the season once they've clinched the playoffs. Don't say that boxes never told you this, even though that was 10 years ago.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
If this ever does come to fruition, Notre Dame does not get a pass. They have to play as many conference games as everyone else. Or else join FCS! :p

Kami- you may be right about the $EC but I think they are already doing so. This may help level the playing field as most of it will be above board now. MOST of it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT