ADVERTISEMENT

More Scenes from Spring Practice

- That Gabe Ervin run gave me a Ziggy flashback. Not just the number, Ervin has size anyway.
- Jaquez Yant with a catch in the video. I hadn't heard of him. Bio tells me a late addition RB walk-on from Florida last year and redshirted. Looks pretty big as well and apparently can catch.
- Manning and Toure in pads is nice to see.

Maybe there's hope for our skill positions? Sorry, just doing my part to drink the Kool-Aid.

Where did you see that? At 1:50 Yant (walk on RB) ran a wheel against Reimer. Not sure I saw another LB running down field in coverage, but sometimes it’s hard to tell.

Pretty sure 49 and 44 are lbs. I could be wrong. .

That throw where AM was rolling to his left then kind of jumped and land on his left foot scared me a bit. I though for sure he was going to come up limping.

I saw a couple of short sideline passes and had to turn it off. Ugh.
Every team in America runs bubble screens and quick sideline dumps to a WR. If you're going to turn off the video every time you see that, you won't be watching much football. Granted that seemed to be a little too common of an occurrence last year, but it's still an important part of any offense. If you've got a DB playing off and an O line having trouble protecting, it's a quick hitter that can get you positive yards. It SHOULD be an almost guaranteed completion and a chance to pick up 5-10 yards. TO used those quick sideline plays to try to keep the perimeter defense from cheating in to stop the run.

Always exciting to see team footage, but multiple videos of Adrian out of the pocket throwing off balance. I feel like we’ve seen that before.
I think if I remember correctly that his stats were better when he was on the move and not dropping back.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Every team in America runs bubble screens and quick sideline dumps to a WR. If you're going to turn off the video every time you see that, you won't be watching much football. Granted that seemed to be a little too common of an occurrence last year, but it's still an important part of any offense. If you've got a DB playing off and an O line having trouble protecting, it's a quick hitter that can get you positive yards. It SHOULD be an almost guaranteed completion and a chance to pick up 5-10 yards. TO used those quick sideline plays to try to keep the perimeter defense from cheating in to stop the run.
I know. It's just that we've seemed to lean on this way too much lately with limited success.

SHOULD......and DID....... unfortunately we haven't been good enough running the ball that opponents have felt the need to stack the box

We were the #2 rushing offense in the conference last year. Our biggest issue on offense, by far, is throwing the ball downfield.
I agree we need to be better throwing downfield, but our biggest issue on offense, by far, is scoring TDs in the redzone (and in general)

we were atrocious in that aspect each of the last 2 years

we rack up tons of yards between the 20s (and, often from inside our own 20 thanks to shoddy special teams), but really bog down when it matters most

that's why those touting AM's total yardage 'records' are laughed out of the room by me and others who understand winning football

I agree we need to be better throwing downfield, but our biggest issue on offense, by far, is scoring TDs in the redzone (and in general)

we rack up tons of yards between the 20s (and, often from inside our own 20 thanks to shoddy special teams), but really bog down when it matters most

that's why those touting AM's total yardage 'records' are laughed out of the room by me and others who understand winning football
His numbers are fools gold and he is the main contributor to Nebraska being 109th in turnovers lost, 94th in interceptions thrown, and tied for last in passing TD’s.
I also heavily blame the play calling in the redzone.

His numbers are fools gold and he is the main contributor to Nebraska being 109th in turnovers lost, 94th in interceptions thrown, and tied for last in passing TD’s.
I also heavily blame the play calling in the redzone.

Plain and simple blatant turnovers poor special teams and horrendous play calling is the reason why we haven’t had a winning seasons in the SF era..

Red zone offense is bad too and I think both are related. We haven’t been able to make the throws and catches. Everything is condensed in the red zone, the windows are tighter, coverage is tighter. You can’t run swing passes and zone reads as much. We have to be able to run at people, hit the TE’s on PA and throw those corner and fade routes to our WR’s and all our opponents know we can’t make those throws and catches. Let’s hope Toure, Manning, Allen can be the answer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT