ADVERTISEMENT

More proof culture isn’t a problem with Neb Football

Loved seeing Harry Potter get nailed until I realized that just means he still works here

Not sure why Husker fans think so poorly of Mario. He’s a good coach who learned under Bill Walsh. The team is lucky to have him on the staff.

Reactions: Wyldcard
Oh no, fun. Dammit get in the film room. I bet this crap doesn’t happen at Clemson and Ohio State and if it does it is somehow different.
More dancing yay!!!!! Here is what I see. The guys who transferred probably said the coaches are too hard and it’s not fun. So this staff is trying to have a good time and let the players be themselves a little more. Does that translate to discipline on the field? We will see. However, if you want competitors on the field why do they gotta dance while competing? Go win the game even if it is dodgeball. Why the need to dance so much when we won 3 games? It’s SOFT.

how is our qb whisperer unable to throw a dodgeball more than 20 feet?

Most coaches play games like that to see who competes. I saw a few guys. But I also saw guys dancing which goes back to the culture of the program.

More dancing yay!!!!! Here is what I see. The guys who transferred probably said the coaches are too hard and it’s not fun. So this staff is trying to have a good time and let the players be themselves a little more. Does that translate to discipline on the field? We will see. However, if you want competitors on the field why do they gotta dance while competing? Go win the game even if it is dodgeball. Why the need to dance so much when we won 3 games? It’s SOFT.

Most coaches play games like that to see who competes. I saw a few guys. But I also saw guys dancing which goes back to the culture of the program.

Dude, you are a riot! Hahaha

Winning cultures win
Losing cultures lose

the culture that has been so carefully nurtured by this staff has yielded a .346 winning percentage against power 5 teams

all the contrived rationalizations pontificating why 1+1 doesn’t equal 2 grow wearisome

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Winning cultures win
Losing cultures lose

the culture that has been so carefully nurtured by this staff has yielded a .346 winning percentage against power 5 teams

all the contrived rationalizations pontificating why 1+1 doesn’t equal 2 grow wearisome
But they are undefeated in dodgeball....so you are wrong here when it comes to dodgeball. 2022 dodgeball champs. 2022 dancing with the huskers champs.

Horrible news, I saw AM smile during his zoom class today. We won three games, how can we win with a QB smiling after that season?

In all fairness, Drew Brees can’t throw a football more than 20 feet. That’s what happens when you get old I suppose.

Reactions: CBurns05

Damn...big difference with critiquing the difficiencies within the program....and just be a whiny douche that I hope doesn't own a dog. You seem to fall in the latter category. 😞. Stay hot, dude.

Damn...big difference with critiquing the difficiencies within the program....and just be a whiny douche that I hope doesn't own a dog. You seem to fall in the latter category. 😞. Stay hot, dude.
Dancing in practice equates to lack of discipline. I.e false starts, holding.

Same way ice cream sandwiches equates to softness

Dancing in practice equates to lack of discipline. I.e false starts, holding.

Same way ice cream sandwiches equates to softness
Maybe if they spend an entire practice doing so.....and if this was fall camp, three weeks before our first game, I would agree. Lightening things up from time to time may actually HELP irt focus and playing looser.

Maybe if they spend an entire practice doing so.....and if this was fall camp, three weeks before our first game, I would agree. Lightening things up from time to time may actually HELP irt focus and playing looser.
No fear of failure.....

so ice cream sandwiches bad.Dodgeball good. I want to see videos of guys throwing weights around. Business like approach in the weight room. For the coaches stressing this when hired and seeing dancing videos I feel they are pulling at straws to get kids to like them

No fear of failure.....

so ice cream sandwiches bad.Dodgeball good. I want to see videos of guys throwing weights around. Business like approach in the weight room. For the coaches stressing this when hired and seeing dancing videos I feel they are pulling at straws to get kids to like them
So....you coach then?

Reactions: scarletred

giphy.gif

Well, I can tell you that we have had some pretty good success when lightening things up at the middle school and high school level from time to time. I don't think a quick game of dodge ball and some dancing for fifteen minutes of practice is the problem. I think some people are so quick to criticize this staff because of a lack of success thus far, that they attack anything that may not be a constant business-like approach. Sloppy play is sometimes because you are playing too tight. I will reserve judgment on this little video until next November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT