ADVERTISEMENT

More OU Whining

I'm good with 11, I don't feel we are ready for prime time yet.
best to keep a low profile till we get our house in order

Reactions: hephusker
I pretty sure you’re talking about the 1999 game against texas.
that was a problem area, solich leaves rb coach, our backs start fumblin, solich decides to go crouch right /left..
gets crouch the heisman, but makes us one dimensional. buffs/miami kill us.

towards the end of last year we were actually able to get away from being one dimensional when mills started running and taking pressure off martinez. hopefully this year we can do the same.....and martinez with less pressure can start hitting these "not full I-back" types like wandel or the the california rb with the wires for legs, in the open. gotta have a running game or the defense just lays their ears back..thats a have to thing in football.

sure you can blitz, but then we will burn you when our back breaks one, while your defense is circled around martinez in the back field...dr tom of course was never one dimensional...people complained about running up the middle but every 5th play the tight end caught a big gainer to keep the d honest, or the full back would switch things up.

nothing wrong with a swing pass but when my 105 year old grandma is expecting it, I'm pert sure their dc is.

Last edited:
The OU AD is throwing a temper tantrum because of FOX decision to air the game at 11:00am. Says it doesn’t do justice for the 50th Anniversary of the Game of the Century or Nebraska / Oklahoma Rivalry.

Boo F’n Who Choklahoma! The game hasn’t been a rivalry since the old Big-8 anyways. F*** OU, Texass, and The Big-12!
Would consider oklahona in general have a pretty good fan base like us. They been through the ups and down as well so they are pretty good fans.
They just like us. Think it should mean more. After all. Probably the greatest college football games and rivalry in the 70 80 and 90s.

This game is going to be 65-14. The special feeling of the anniversary game will be limited to the pregame show but will end at kickoff. No reason to waste prime time on this matchup.

e
I don’t like 11AM kickoffs as a fan, but that isn’t the reality of how it works. For example OSU/Michigan and OU/Texas are always 11AM games.

Does anybody remember the kick off time of the game 50 years ago I remember just finishing lunch in time to watch the kick off. It was defiantly not a late afternoon or evening game.

Reactions: headcard
Does anybody remember the kick off time of the game 50 years ago I remember just finishing lunch in time to watch the kick off. It was defiantly not a late afternoon or evening game.

I don’t, but I’m pretty sure the 30th Anniversary game (#1 vs #2 at the time), was also an 11AM game.

ADVERTISEMENT