ADVERTISEMENT

More OL competition: Nouili gets waiver

someone who is expecting to start is going to be very disappointed this year. there are too many good players and not enough spots. Like this kid. He transferred to play not sit. But he may be disappointed. and if he isn't then one of last year's starters is going down the chart. They have almost too much depth on OL now. A lot of young guys will have to be patient or move on
Good. That's the way it should be. I'm sure some will move on, but there's no such thing as too much depth. Hey, even when we've had untalented, fat and slow OL starters, I'm sure there were guys buried on the depth chart who were disappointed and thought they were better.

I love it..cocoran, Nouilli, and Piper are the future and that may happen sooner than later. They will push to start. Three seniors tentatively slotted to start, so even if it doesn’t happen for them this year they are prime spot as redshirt Soph/fresh to start 3-4 year. Injury/covid could also call one of them into duty faster..really happy with depth this year. Boe Wilson better bring it in camp!

I love it..cocoran, Nouilli, and Piper are the future and that may happen sooner than later. They will push to start. Three seniors tentatively slotted to start, so even if it doesn’t happen for them this year they are prime spot as redshirt Soph/fresh to start 3-4 year. Injury/covid could also call one of them into duty faster..really happy with depth this year. Boe Wilson better bring it in camp!
prediction: Corcoran won't start any time soon.

someone who is expecting to start is going to be very disappointed this year. there are too many good players and not enough spots. Like this kid. He transferred to play not sit. But he may be disappointed. and if he isn't then one of last year's starters is going down the chart. They have almost too much depth on OL now. A lot of young guys will have to be patient or move on

Too much depth at ANY position is a plus. If that means we lose a couple on well. I hope we have that problem at all positions .

One other thing don't confuse bodies with depth. They are not the same.

Holla

We shall see what we shall see. None of us expected to see Kade Warner do anything at WR, let alone start.

I would delete the "N" in "none". I was excited the moment he became a Husker. JMHO. GBA/GBR.

If kade is starting again, that's a bad sign our fast receivers aren't good.

Could be Kade is an excellent blocker who you might want to play on 1st down. Then you could rotate in a fast guy if you want. Kade knows the offense, has great hands and can be effective enough in short&medium combination routes. And if he starts, just because he is starting doesn't mean he will receive the bulk of minutes or be a main target.

If he is our only option outside on the slot side then yes I would agree with you but due to the reasons above I don't necessarily think we are in bad shape if he's listed first on a 2 deep. I am in a wait and see mode.

Reactions: FLAGBR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT