ADVERTISEMENT

More OL competition: Nouili gets waiver

This is great news, even more competition at OG. I have said and called it before, our Oline will never be a weakness again while Frost and Austin are here. I can NOT believe Pelini AND Riley let our Oline pipeline disappear like that....amazes me.

Last edited:
This kid could be a player for us. He certainly seems to have the confidence and ability to back it up.

source.gif

This is great news, even more competition at OG. I have said and called it before, our Oline will never be a weakness again while Frost and Austin are here. I can NOT believe Riley let our Oline pipeline disappear like that....amazes me.
Competition is a very good thing in all aspects of our lives including all the position rooms of the UNL football program.

It was awfully funny JD, with two waivers needed, gets his jumped on in a hurry while our Olinemans waiver took awhile.
Why do you care? In all seriousness. As I have said A gazillion freaking times, The dude didn’t wanna be here anymore, what difference does it make if he plays somewhere else?

Why do you care? In all seriousness. As I have said A gazillion freaking times, The dude didn’t wanna be here anymore, what difference does it make if he plays somewhere else?

I don’t give two craps about JD and him leaving. And were in my post was I bitching about him leaving us? It had absolutely nothing to do with JD leaving. Maybe if you wasn’t so quick to jump on my back you’d see the actual point of my post. Which again, had NOTHING to do with JD leaving us.

Last edited:
I don’t give two craps about JD and him leaving. And were in my post was I bitching about him leaving us? It had absolutely nothing to do with JD leaving. Maybe if you wasn’t so quick to jump on my back you’d see the actual point of my post. Which again, had NOTHING to do with JD leaving us.

you're just passive aggressive. its cool though, you brought up JD and his two waivers because you don't give two craps about him leaving. ha ha ha ha ha

This is great news, even more competition at OG. I have said and called it before, our Oline will never be a weakness again while Frost and Austin are here. I can NOT believe Pelini AND Riley let our Oline pipeline disappear like that....amazes me.

I totally disagree sir.

Our Devaney/TO smashmouth tradition died a horrible death under the grossly inept Clownahan who also showed us how to put together losing seasons (something Pelini for his 7 years at NU could never even remotely grasp....but was easy as pie for Smiling Mike).

I totally disagree sir.

Our Devaney/TO smashmouth tradition died a horrible death under the grossly inept Clownahan who also showed us how to put together losing seasons (something Pelini for his 7 years at NU could never even remotely grasp....but was easy as pie for Smiling Mike).
We had some horses on the OLine under Callahan. Slauson, Lydon Murtha, Carl Nicks, Andy Christiansen, Javario Burkes, Brett Buford, and many others that Callahan brought in. We had a solid OLine under Callahan, but their blocking schemes were definitely not in the smashmouth tradition we were accustomed to under Delaney/Osborne/Solich...

But the depth was there at least. We are finally getting back to some depth (hopefully) that has been missing for several years now.

This is the year...everyone gets waivers (if they push for it at all) and everyone is making grades.

I totally disagree sir.

We always seemed to be plugging people in the last 15 years or so. This is the first time I've seen any kind of depth and real competition. I also give Frost kudos on moving Jurgens to center. That has been a constant weak spot for years which should eventually be a strength. Constantly filling it with undersized walk-ons wasn't working.

Were still behind at tackle but at least we've got the interior cleared up. If Benhart and Corcoran are the real deal then we should be set.

Last edited:
Competition is a very good thing in all aspects of our lives including all the position rooms of the UNL football program.
I think this kid could be good enough to redshirt this year but play in four games. That possibility of playing time will lift this kids' efforts and keep the player ahead of him on edge a bit. It's a good situation.

We always seemed to be plugging people in the last 15 years or so. This is the first time I've seen any kind of depth and real competition. I also give Frost kudos on moving Jurgens to center. That has been a constant weak spot for years which should eventually be a strength. Constantly filling it with undersized walk-ons wasn't working.

Were still behind at tackle but at least we've got the interior cleared up. If Benhart and Corcoran are the real deal then we should be set.
I completely agree with everything you mentioned except your opinion on the Tackle position and we may even agree there. I think we have the talent and just need experience.

Tackle talent includes Jaimes, Benhart, Gaylord, Corcoran, Banks, Miller the former Hawkeye, Anderson, Conn, and Fritzsche. Even Bando has experience. You can also add incoming recruit Prochazka. I see Tackle becoming a major strength for us soon!

I completely agree with everything you mentioned except your opinion on the Tackle position and we may even agree there. I think we have the talent and just need experience.

Tackle talent includes Jaimes, Benhart, Gaylord, Corcoran, Banks, Miller the former Hawkeye, Anderson, Conn, and Fritzsche. Even Bando has experience. You can also add incoming recruit Prochazka. I see Tackle becoming a major strength for us soon!
Hell yeah! No argument here. Maybe we can get the former hawkeye eligible?

Some position groups have been kind of dysfunctional like WR but thankfully OL looks to be very solid going forward and people will begin to notice what a difference it makes. I expect Jurgens to be all big ten at some point and the anchor of a good line. You can almost picture his story being played on draft day.

If Spielman can get a quick waiver for mental health and if Rutgers can potentially start our former QB with knowledge of our calls and system against us in week one, then no reason why we shouldn’t have Miller (also mental health related) available to us this year.

Reactions: bigredhunter
I totally disagree sir.

Yea, Callahan knows nothing about the Oline...just ask the NFL. :rolleyes:

Oh NM, he's the kid from CSU.
someone who is expecting to start is going to be very disappointed this year. there are too many good players and not enough spots. Like this kid. He transferred to play not sit. But he may be disappointed. and if he isn't then one of last year's starters is going down the chart. They have almost too much depth on OL now. A lot of young guys will have to be patient or move on

someone who is expecting to start is going to be very disappointed this year. there are too many good players and not enough spots. Like this kid. He transferred to play not sit. But he may be disappointed. and if he isn't then one of last year's starters is going down the chart. They have almost too much depth on OL now. A lot of young guys will have to be patient or move on
It's not for us to worry about. Whoever is the best, plays. The next group gets reps if there is no drop off in play from group one. Every school deals with this and kids will come to understand it quickly. At least most will. They know they are an injury away from being a starter.

Reactions: kakdawg
We shall see what we shall see. None of us expected to see Kade Warner do anything at WR, let alone start.

Reactions: kakdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT