ADVERTISEMENT

More legislation being introduced

TruHusker

Head Coach
Sep 21, 2001
This cannot go well. I notice they are only talking "revenue producing sports" but it is not clear how schools are supposed to make up the loss to support other nonrevenue teams.

They have to be provided a scholarship for however long they are in college, no matter what the degree. So I am assuming they could be in school forever?

Big Brother just can't keep his hands off things.
https://sports.yahoo.com/landmark-c...s-to-be-introduced-in-congress-142918071.html

wow.. if something like that got passed, I think it would really screw up college athletics. It's already become a circus with the transfer portal.. once you add endorsement money to the mix, I can see that being an overall detriment to college athletics.

My guess is things would get so far out of control, any coach that even tried to discipline his players would be threatened with the transfer portal or worse, held liable for endorsement monies not yet paid..

"Coach made me do this or that, and I got injured".. blah blah blah.. now I'm missing games and the university owes me more money etc..

I think it would turn into an year long clown show

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT