ADVERTISEMENT

More Hype

These Preseason Top 25 going to kill the Herky’s not only are we rated higher than them( they been telling us we’re not Top 25 team) their not even in the Top 25 in two of these..Laughing

Reactions: headcard
This is awesome lol
Nebraska and iowa state mentioned and nothing from iowa... they must not have gotten the memo that iowa is loaded coming back next year lmao

When it comes to the off season everyone already knows...

Nebraska > Iowa

Now hopefully on 11/29/19 we can start getting it done on the field as well. I would hate to end the season 11-1. :Cool:

Reactions: 9and4
These expectations are great. Are we willing to hold on to them through November 2019?In the past there has been a tendency to ignore an unfavorable win-loss record and tout the more nuanced signs of clear improvement followed by the familiar wait til next year ... or “if you can’t see what is being built then you are blind”.

Iowa is no OSU but for now Iowa is our rival. This staff is 0-1 at present. Much like the Michigan- OSU game this is a must win game every year. No excuses.

Last edited:
These expectations are great. Are we willing to hold on to them through November 2019?In the past there has been a tendency to ignore an unfavorable win-loss record and tout the more nuanced signs of clear improvement followed by the familiar wait to next year ... or “if you can’t see what is being built then you are blind”.

Iowa is no OSU but for now Iowa is our rival. This staff is 0-1 at present. Much like the Michigan- OSU game this is a must win game every year. No excuses.

Good points.

What are your expectations for next season?

Preseason hype may help on the recruiting trail a bit so I am all for it.

Frost and staff just need to make sure the kids don’t buy into the hype. Prove it on the field on a fall Saturday not in the papers on a January Tuesday.

Good points.

What are your expectations for next season?

We should win the division and beat Iowa

Crossover games:

Wisco - Mich, OSU, MSU
Iowa - PSU, Mich
NW - OSU, MSU

we play Wisc, NW and Iowa at home.

Of the 3 teams above we have arguably the easiest conference schedule

Division title and rivalry game victory. It's time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOMHP
And yet we have accomplished nothing. I won't pound my chest until the end if the year when the dust settles. Getting excited about a pre season prediction seems a bit weird.
And of course Mr. Rain on everyone's parade has to chime in with his usual negative take. I like the fact that people think we're building something good. Does any of it matter when the season starts? No. But we've got just under 8 months to go until the season starts, so I say go for getting excited about these preseason predictions until then. Of course, since your reputation for accentuating the negative all the time is well-established, if these predictions were questioning whether we could make a bowl game next year, you'd be touting them and saying we should listen to them. But positive takes? No-we can't get excited about those and are supposed to ignore them.

Reactions: timnsun
And yet we have accomplished nothing. I won't pound my chest until the end if the year when the dust settles. Getting excited about a pre season prediction seems a bit weird.

cZ6BadH.jpg

This is awesome lol
Nebraska and iowa state mentioned and nothing from iowa... they must not have gotten the memo that iowa is loaded coming back next year lmao
But wait! Haven't you heard Iowa has more all-pro NFL players than any other college football team this year? They were all 2 stars coming out and contributed 8-4 seasons at Iowa! Impressive stuff!

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I'm with you Dick Farmer, we need to reign things in. Unfortunately, these aren't Nebraska fans that think Nebraska > Iowa. It's everyone. Well, except the USA Today writer, he thinks your 20 year coach of a juggernaut program is five spots better than our 2nd year coach trying to pull a program out of a dumpster fire. Five spots... soak that in and revel in it Iowa, and send the USA Today guy a thank-you for the respect.

My god Iowa has a short-guy complex.

Expectations < Reality - start with beating the Southern Alabama’s of the world.

Does it make you feel better that it's not Nebraska fans fanning these expectations?

Most predictions I have seen coming out of Nebraska are cautiously optimistic based on the way the team played the second half of the year.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT