ADVERTISEMENT

Moos Should Allow Fans

So if you can have 25% capacity can you also pipe in 75% (75 decibels similar to NFL) sound to make up the difference?

It will be interesting to see how they handle tailgating. Is each tailgate considered a separate outdoor gathering? I would go to a game with 30,000 of you screaming maniacs.

What BS should be up the states in determining having fans in the stadium or not...
Who stands to gain by this approach? The people that sell advertising time. If anybody thinks that the broadcasters didn't have a say in how this season will be done, they are kidding themselves.

They should have allowed fans. Not sure the rationale. Politics? Campus pressure? Having said that, the NFL broadcasts without fans have been decent.

I would hope that they allow bands into the stadium.

They should have allowed fans. Not sure the rationale. Politics? Campus pressure? Having said that, the NFL broadcasts without fans have been decent.

I would hope that they allow bands into the stadium.
give every student on campus an instrument. hell, can they have a fan band? I play some mean air drums.

Reactions: Huskerpro
Who stands to gain by this approach? The people that sell advertising time. If anybody thinks that the broadcasters didn't have a say in how this season will be done, they are kidding themselves.
the people living and working in Lincoln, IC, Madtown, EL, Bloomington, etc are the ones's to gain....at least the ones that don't own bars or sell tshirts. IMO it's the responsible approach.

I for one am glad they are playing, really glad for a myriad of reasons. We'll get to see them.

Sorry to the 30k that would have been allowed in for in-person viewing, but not sorry for what was certain to be left behind in campus towns.

My question is are these universities worried about a law suit or they looking for another way to control people?
I think their concern after player issues were addressed is - they live, work, and worship in these communities. Despite our interest evidenced by wasting time on FB message boards, FB is still a tiny part of the overall equation for communities they live in.

For all of the rightful critique of the conference's transparency, there was an interesting and very positive item in the roll out of a restart. These powerhouse universities that UNL was fortunate to join, will have the largest controlled study on pandemic mgt, value of rapid and frequent testing, cardiac research. We think the UN Med Ctnr is great - but it now is in a new club of juggernauts...and elevates it to a different level through association,

it was weird seeing NFL with no fans. The cardboard cutouts were silly IMO.

My question is are these universities worried about a law suit or they looking for another way to control people?
They think they know better of what's best for people than the people themselves. Same belief that drives the governors who have been dictatorial in the lock downs. They think they are so much "smarter" than the rest of us pathetic deplorables. Big Mama and Big Papa know best.

Reactions: bshirt73
They think they know better of what's best for people than the people themselves. Same belief that drives the governors who have been dictatorial in the lock downs. They think they are so much "smarter" than the rest of us pathetic deplorables. Big Mama and Big Papa know best.
they are smarter than some of you.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I would agree with this and add something else. Most of the stadium gate workers are retired people. Yes I know they are going/were going to paperless tickets. Would have to spend$ on temperature sensing equipment. IF they are going to have super stringent rules for athletes, how do they not do the same for fans? How do you social distance while waiting for the gates to open?

I wasn't happy about no fans when I heard it but I can understand why the schools that wanted to play FB this fall probably had to take a knee on this one.

Here's something else. Help me out if I'm wrong. My recollection is that the suites and sky boxes are leased on an annual basis for use at any time.... not just games at home. IF so, then it would be my opinion that they should be able to use them and attend games if they want

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
they are smarter than some the vast majority of you.
FIFY

The idiots on this board are amazing. "Why TF won't these tyrant bastards let football games turn into weekly superspreader events that statistically are likely to kill tens-if-not-hundreds of thousands of people if you factor in a whole conference of stadiums?"

Boy TOUGH choice. Do you get a ton of people killed or let them still watch the game from the comfort of their couch?

Why even have speed limits or make people drive on the same side of the road when you think about it, you know? If a semi driver wants to drive west in the eastbound lane and kill a family of 6 that should be his right as an American! If you don't like it, don't drive!

God damn some of you are so aggressively stupid there's nothing to do but just exponentially grow the ignore list so there can be a ghost of a chance to talk actual football in a month.

Last edited:
FIFY

The idiots on this board are amazing. "Why TF won't these tyrant bastards let football games turn into weekly superspreader events that statistically are likely to kill tens-if-not-hundreds of thousands of people if you factor in a whole conference of stadiums?"

Boy TOUGH choice. Do you get a ton of people killed or let them still watch the game from the comfort of their couch?

Why even have speed limits or make people drive on the same side of the road when you think about it, you know? If a semi driver wants to drive west in the eastbound lane and kill a family of 6 that should be his right as an American! If you don't like it, don't drive!

God damn some of you are so aggressively stupid there's nothing to do but just exponentially grow the ignore list so there can be a ghost of a chance to talk actual football in a month.
last week there was close to a full slate of college football games. plenty were played with fans in attendance.

I don't think it's unreasonable for local authorities to do their job and deem whether or not it's safe for their specific communities to host fans versus the conference forcing the decision on them from afar.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT