ADVERTISEMENT

Moos said.........

Assuming this debacle doesn’t happen next fall, as long as we have football and it’s on TV, who cares? I love going to the stadium but if I can still watch from my couch and have wings or some smoked meat on my plate, you won’t hear me complaining much

Reactions: cecilB
Why do we need "mass" testing of the students? Positivity rates are simply what is now being used to drive fear now that hospitalizations and deaths are rare. It's called a "casedemic."

This isn't a serious illness for young people and that's a scientific fact. Yes, I know that it is harmful to older people with co-morbidities and very rarely kills people who don't have co-morbidities, but that's true of other viruses, as well. The idea that people who are asymptomatic or are showing mild symptoms need to be constantly tested and if positive quarantined for 10-14 (or 21 days if you're a B1G athlete) thus disrupting their lives and the lives of those around them is not sustainable or logical. Add to that the fact that the tests are known to give lots of false positives and you have a continued false narrative perpetuated.
Covid has killed 6000 Americans younger than 44, or two 9/11 disasters, or Two hurricane Katrinas. Of course nearly 100000 people die a year in america from overdoses and suicide...but we seem to have cared about 9/11, and a few people cared about Katrina. And of course dingleberry will now show up and point out that all of the young that died had complications and should have died anyway.

By the way, I am in favor of a season, and of fans, of mask wearing, and of an open economy full of smart people who care about people around them. Sadly we have none of that right now.

ADVERTISEMENT