ADVERTISEMENT

Moos input on scheduling

If B1G really hated us they could move us to the East. Although West teams have gotten better, would anyone like to take our chances in the “easy” East? Thought not. It’s about time we upgrade our program and stop sounding like a bunch of whiny losers.

If B1G really hated us they could move us to the East. Although West teams have gotten better, would anyone like to take our chances in the “easy” East? Thought not. It’s about time we upgrade our program and stop sounding like a bunch of whiny losers.

🤔 I think the reason why we’re in the West is because we’re the furthest team from the West.🤫

Last edited:
One thing that makes a LOT of sense which will probably never happen is conference re-alignment by geography. It's largely how it used to be back in the day just for bus travel. It's ridiculous to be flying a whole charter of players across the continent to play a football game. The old Big 8 had it right. IF you take that original 8 and maybe add in Iowa and maybe a Colorado State, travel gets a whole bunch easier. Limit conferences to 9 or 10 teams then add one round to the playoff with a requirement that you win your conference to get in. Large conferences where schedules vary wildly and travel is ridiculous was a very bad idea.
Yeah, Iowa would love giving up short bus rides for inclusion in that group

Sorry - but I hate this weak ass victim mentality. Went to a party last night in my Husker gear as usual and got a rash of shit about Nebraska whining about the schedule.

A couple years ago, Moos and Frost were spouting their mouths off about how Nebraska was going to be a force to be reckoned with. This whining demonstrates they don’t think much of the men they have assembled thus far. Shut up, take what’s given to you, prepare and go out and give it everything you got.

Sorry - but I hate this weak ass victim mentality. Went to a party last night in my Husker gear as usual and got a rash of shit about Nebraska whining about the schedule.

A couple years ago, Moos and Frost were spouting their mouths off about how Nebraska was going to be a force to be reckoned with. This whining demonstrates they don’t think much of the men they have assembled thus far. Shut up, take what’s given to you, prepare and go out and give it everything you got.
Sorry your party sucked.

I am a full on Frost/Moos supporter. But the schedule is out. Just shut up and play. This isn't much more than an abbreviated season that I still beleive the Big is looking for every reason to cancel.

But if we do get to play out the season (fingers crossed) I am still excited to see where we stand. Bring on the Buckeyes.

just a guess but maybe you are said guy...??? Just guessing because out of all the posts in this thread, that’s the only post that caught your eye? Yeah, Nebraska_reality has new handle is my guess.

😂Lol isn’t he the clever one that still likes to lurk around here.

Serious question. If you are a Big Ten fan or TV watcher what game would you rather see? Neb vs Rutgers or Neb vs Penn State or Ohio State? Neb is in the Big Ten because of money. Money runs the programs. Follow the money and you get the schedule in this shortened season for Nebraska.

Reactions: timnsun
Serious question. If you are a Big Ten fan or TV watcher what game would you rather see? Neb vs Rutgers or Neb vs Penn State or Ohio State? Neb is in the Big Ten because of money. Money runs the programs. Follow the money and you get the schedule in this shortened season for Nebraska.

It’s not who were playing it’s when on the schedule we play them for me... With a shorten season Nebraska was dealt the two beat teams in the league and the West division favorite in the first and 3 out of the 4 games and just 8 games..

It’s not who were playing it’s when on the schedule we play them for me... With a shorten season Nebraska was dealt the two beat teams in the league and the West division favorite in the first and 3 of the 4 and just 8 games..
It makes sense if you want the big money matchups... think of it this way. If the shortened season is even shorter, say, 4 games, at least some big matchups occurred.

You could also claim that if Nebraska went 0-4 and the season ended, the B1G got what it wanted.

I can see it either way.

Reactions: bshirt73
Interesting to see so many of the same posters claiming schedule doesn’t matter and are the same ones telling everyone what a great coach PJ Fleck is.

Reactions: bshirt73 and K_Y_E
🤔 I think the reason why we’re in the West is because we’re the furthest team from the West.🤫
Thanks for the geography lesson, although I am pretty skilled at reading maps. Perhaps you can provide the same assistance to the SEC as apparently they were map-challenged when they placed Missouri in the SEC East.

My point was the B1G could have assigned us to the East, if “getting us” was their goal. In the meantime we should just stop whining about how abused we are and be a more competitive football program.

When some commentators are saying OSU has the easiest B1G schedule, it is pretty obvious a good reason for that belief is the fact they are playing us and Illinois as their crossover games. So instead of Moos complaining about schedules maybe he and Frost need to concentrate on improving the quality/reputation of our program.

Last edited:
Sodakred, I think Moos was upset who were playing 3 of the first 4 games not to mention Alvarez had a hand in when games were played and how come Wisconsin first game is at home against Illinois and not playing Michigan first?

Our first 3 original games that were scheduled were going to be Purdue, Illinois and at NW.. only thing that didn’t change was playing at NE for our 3rd conference game..

It’s not who were playing it’s when on the schedule we play them for me... With a shorten season Nebraska was dealt the two beat teams in the league and the West division favorite in the first and 3 out of the 4 games and just 8 games..
Playing early before Ns subpar talent is dinged you- early provides a better chance for N.

tougest 5 are OSU,Wisc, Iowa, PSU - same as it ever was

I wish we’d quit being a fan base that idolizes an AD. I’m not sure where they get more press Neb or ISU. Most other places ya hardly hear of them

Playing early before Ns subpar talent is dinged you- early provides a better chance for N.

tougest 5 are OSU,Wisc, Iowa, PSU - same as it ever was

Would have loved to play Ioway one of the first 2 games instead of tOSU or Wisconsin..

Iowa sucks

Moos 2018

"They're running a little bit scared right now. And they won't admit it. We'll leave that at that”

Moos 2020

I don't understand the position Moos is trying to promote the games within the division only count towards winning the division. How many years were we in the the Big 12 and you won you division by counting all games played in the conference. Now in the BIG it suddenly isn't fair. Moos spent too much time in Oregon getting second hand smoke. Put the big boy pants, play and stop acting like a spoiled child. Be Nebraska.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I don't understand the position Moos is trying to promote the games within the division only count towards winning the division. How many years were we in the the Big 12 and you won you division by counting all games played in the conference. Now in the BIG it suddenly isn't fair. Moos spent too much time in Oregon getting second hand smoke. Put the big boy pants, play and stop acting like a spoiled child. Be Nebraska.
Why should Moos care about the Big 12? I think only counting division games for division championships makes a lot of sense. Having new, better and original ideas is still allowed.

Sodakred, I think Moos was upset who were playing 3 of the first 4 games not to mention Alvarez had a hand in when games were played and how come Wisconsin first game is at home against Illinois and not playing Michigan first?

Our first 3 original games that were scheduled were going to be Purdue, Illinois and at NW.. only thing that didn’t change was playing at NE for our 3rd conference game..
The original schedule was at least as hard the last month or six weeks as this one is the first month. I think we stand a better chance of surprising a good team or two early in the season, so perhaps we actually have an easier schedule than the original one. Of course it would have been nice to have dropped OSU or PSU. (And it would be nice if Iowa also had to play OSU almost every year.:))

At least this tough early stretch gives cover for Frost if we start something like 1-3 or 0-4. Protecting Frost seems to be a big deal for lots of fans, though personally I think he should be held to the same high standards of any other coach who didn’t play QB at NU.

The original schedule was at least as hard the last month or six weeks as this one is the first month. I think we stand a better chance of surprising a good team or two early in the season, so perhaps we actually have an easier schedule than the original one. Of course it would have been nice to have dropped OSU or PSU. (And it would be nice if Iowa also had to play OSU almost every year.:))

At least this tough early stretch gives cover for Frost if we start something like 1-3 or 0-4. Protecting Frost seems to be a big deal for lots of fans, though personally I think he should be held to the same high standards of any other coach who didn’t play QB at NU.

The original schedule was definitely harder at the end of the season with tOSU,Penn St,Ioway, Wisky and Minnesota.. but we don’t have the luxury playing Purdue,C.Michigan,Cinncy, NW, Illinois and Rutgers and a potential 4–2 or 5-1 start either..

The original schedule was definitely harder at the end of the season with tOSU,Penn St,Ioway, Wisky and Minnesota.. but we don’t have the luxury playing Purdue,C.Michigan,Cinncy, NW, Illinois and Rutgers and a potential 4–2 or 5-1 start either..
it's all relative. winning games over bad teams doesn't fool anybody.

cincy would've been favored in Lincoln.

the schedule is what it is. just win baby

Reactions: bshirt73
And when Ohio State next has some down years, they will be off our schedule. How does this keep happening?

That was wrong then too. You should win your division by straight up competition within your division since there's a big difference in cross over schedule s

Reactions: RedSea
Barry is still but hurt that he wasn’t offered the Nebraska job awhile ago

Lol.. No the one that was upset was the late Warren Powers.. Alvarez was never in consideration once Wisconsin hired him.. He is more Badger than Husker now..

Why should Moos care about the Big 12? I think only counting division games for division championships makes a lot of sense. Having new, better and original ideas is still allowed.
I am not talking about Moos. I am talking about fans, administration and every person that wants to tuck tail and run. If we were good enough to play by the scenario, in the Big 12 but now complain about the same rules for winning a division by games played within the division, that means the AD, coaches, fans don't really believe we can return to greatness so we really have to change the rules to make us look good. That's not teaching the athletes to compete, it's just an ego booster for the fans.

I've always had a problem with #1 on that list. Always felt like the divisional winner should be decided by divisional games, not potentially by a crossover game win/loss when you are representing the division.

It is obvious that the div winner should be decided by games against your OWN division. Bizarre that they ever set it up in any other way. You find a DIVISIONAL champ by considering games against some OTHER division?? Might as well throw in the non-conference games too, it makes as much sense. And then they aggravate the nonsense by not assigning games against opponents from the other division in a fair rotation. Really hate unfair scheduling.

If anyone really wants to pull their hair out about scheduling, take a look at the month of October in 2024:

@Michigan
Ohio State
Bye
@Penn State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT