ADVERTISEMENT

Moos commenta

ctlbyr

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
Moos is right. if frost does not address special teams, fumbles and stupid flags on pre snap its not going to be easy to win in thew Big

As I said - that powder puff schedule is already being pimped

even lamenting having to play Illinois at a neutral site rather than at Illinois and playing a 2 win Michigan team

We’ve got a tough schedule. I mean, at Oklahoma, right now the Ireland game is still on. We’ve got Michigan and Ohio State, albeit at home,” Moos said

“And boy, it’s tough enough in the Big Ten West and we’ve seen that all across the board, but stay healthy, get through a tough schedule and count on the defense.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I don't get it, alot on both boards when it came out that the Moos had some adult beverages in public started calling for his head. Bob Devaney drank alot more than the Moos and no one ever called for his so, what gives? Deavney's loyal drinking buddies to the end were Don the Fox and Lyle Bremser. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

We’ve got a tough schedule. I mean, at Oklahoma, right now the Ireland game is still on. We’ve got Michigan and Ohio State, albeit at home,” Moos said

“And boy, it’s tough enough in the Big Ten West and we’ve seen that all across the board, but stay healthy, get through a tough schedule and count on the defense.”
Good one Forrest. Have you cut your hair yet? Ate that box of chocolates yet?

I don't get it, alot on both boards when it came out that the Moos had some adult beverages in public started calling for his head. Bob Devaney drank alot more than the Moos and no one ever called for his so, what gives? Deavney's loyal drinking buddies to the end were Don the Fox and Lyle Bremser. I just don't get it.
Bobs body is still preserved from the alcohol. He will remain that way until science figures out how to reanimate him.

What’s to get? People bitch about everything. In a world full of uncertainty, it’s the one thing you can count on.

even lamenting having to play Illinois at a neutral site rather than at Illinois and playing a 2 win Michigan team

Just as Moos is predictable about what he will say, so are you. Unbelievably predictable.

So bad, in fact, that wheneverI read a thread now, I play a game... I begin to predict what JLB will say in this thread.

So far, I am 100% correct in every thread you post.

Because people are lame now and love to pretend to be offended.

I was not on campus when Bob was AD but have heard the legendary stories of his personality and drinking. I am guessing when he was AD he had more than a few bottles of booze in his office. Bottles for him and for people that would come visit him.

Now if an AD did that there would be a freaking rush to post about it and rip him to shreds. It has gotten so stupid.

I remember hearing stories how the OU coaches would get into Lincoln and hit up a bar the night before a game, having some fun and relaxing. Could you imagine that today?

Good lord, even HS coaches used to all go out after their games. First to a bar...then it switched to a sports bar, then it would end up being at like Vals or Godfathers...now most of them just alternate homes because so many parents bitch and moan about it (unless you coach at Skutt, then you still go out to Oscars and one of the dads who doesn't even have a kid on the team picks up the 1,000 dollar tab)

What gives is that times have changed and there was no social media or smartphone cameras during the time of Devaney. It's that simple. Us old farts still remember the pre-Internet days.

Last edited:
What gives is that times have changed and there was no social media during the time of Devaney. It's that simple. Us old farts still remember the pre-Internet days.
So true!

Remember the fake outrage when a picture leaked of Corey McKewen partying after a, gasp, loss?!?!?! People lost their minds!

I don't envy those guys that play today, you hit up a bar on O street and some nerd snaps a picture of you with a beer and posts it...

Shoot, look what those Daily Nebraskan dorks did at the start of the year to the greek system. Running around taking sneaky pictures and posting it, showing how they weren't using "social distancing"

Reactions: dinglefritz

Just stop.

Yup and BD came to a party I was at with the lady landlord at 2 am and stayed until everyone left around 5. Bob enjoyed himself!

Reactions: dinglefritz

You must be a nitwit Iowa fan.

Reactions: scarletred
Bobs body is still preserved from the alcohol. He will remain that way until science figures out how to reanimate him.
I have a couple of friends in their 70s with some health problems who both got COVID. They are heavy drinkers. She got a sniffle. He had no symptoms. I swear that the virus couldn't beat their blood alcohol content. I can't imagine their BAC every drops below .06

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT