ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead Out at Miss St

Did his teams have some off the field issues? What a weird move for MSU.

There were some off the field issues. In August the NCAA put MSU on 3 years probation for academic fraud.

Looks like a tutor basically completed a chemistry class for 10 football players. This season they had to have these 10 players miss 8 games due to suspension for the issue. They were juggling suspensions every week to try and manage it.

Also their starting qb missed the bowl game because another player punched him in the face an broke his orbital bone.

Sounds like it is more about this stuff and wins and losses.

Moorehead is a really good offensive coach, hope he doesn’t land as an OC in the B1G. Also pretty shady to wait until after signing day to let him go.

Reactions: BroskiRed
He hated it there and they think they should be ranked #1 all the time like they were for that one week a few years back.

If you look at their history they are a lot more like "our" MSU...a nice little short stretch of wins but for the most part, nothing good to speak of...

It's crazy that January 3rd now feels like it's "late in the process" to fire a coach because of the early signing period. Bowl games are mostly wrapping up and recruiting is mostly over. It feels late even if it really isn't on the calendar.

At 14-12 in two years they should be throwing a parade in his honor. The SEC West? That's about as good as they're gonna do.

This firing is more about his lack of leadership off the field.

I don't know anything about the going ons at Miss St. but it makes me wonder if the AD has a big name on the hook.

Well perfect timing for him. He can always go back to being Offensive Coordinator at Penn State for a couple years.

Their coordinator just took a head coaching job somewhere a couple weeks ago....and that's how Joe got the job at Miss St. I'm sure Franklin wouldn't mind him coming back....

Well perfect timing for him. He can always go back to being Offensive Coordinator at Penn State for a couple years.

Their coordinator just took a head coaching job somewhere a couple weeks ago....and that's how Joe got the job at Miss St. I'm sure Franklin wouldn't mind him coming back....
They already hired the Minnesota OC, KIRK Cirroca or however it’s spelled. That ship has sailed...

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT