ADVERTISEMENT

Monkens..

jamsand

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 14, 2004
How about bringing in Todd and Jeff Monkin.. both together are currently making less than what we paid Frost..
Todd is running a pretty damn tough offense at Georgia and Jeff would bring discipline and order! They both recruit well in south and can control games. Anyway, just wishful thinking after watching another weekend of WTF..

Reactions: huntered
No. Just no. We do not want a coach from a service academy. We need someone who knows big time football with a proven track record at a P5 school as a head coach. No coordinators. No MJ. No "diamond in the rough guys" from lesser conferences. We cannot afford to get this hire wrong.
Name a current head coach with a proven track record that will come to Nebraska..?

Name a current head coach with a proven track record that will come to Nebraska..?
How should I know who is or is not interested in coming here. What I know about the search is beside the point. I am simply pointing out the best metric for deciding who our next coach should be. And if there are no proven coaches willing to come here it still does not follow that Mickey should be hired.

How about bringing in Todd and Jeff Monkin.. both together are currently making less than what we paid Frost..
Todd is running a pretty damn tough offense at Georgia and Jeff would bring discipline and order! They both recruit well in south and can control games. Anyway, just wishful thinking after watching another weekend of WTF..
If that happens, the new fight song will be:

"Hey, hey, we're the monkees,
You never know where we'll be found.
So you'd better get ready,
We may be comin' to your town."

Big Red is on life support right now.

Big Red would be dead.

They can't go cheap. There is sentiment that a proven power 5 HC isn't coming. Gotta go down swinging and a hire like that is like taking a called strike 3.

ADVERTISEMENT