ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Dylan Jordan decision your predictions?

Patterson is visiting him tonight, and he still has TCU in his Twitter picture. He's headed south.

CB for TCU just posted. Buh-bye
Also a bunch of CB’s for Starks to Louisville (if we are still recruiting him). Assuming Jordan and Starks are now gone.

That leaves:
Parker
MPM
Houston
Bivens

For approx 3 spots.

Anyone else still in play?

Reactions: CatColumbia
Also a bunch of CB’s for Starks to Louisville (if we are still recruiting him). Assuming Jordan and Starks are now gone.

That leaves:
Parker
MPM
Houston
Bivens

For approx 3 spots.

Anyone else still in play?

Don't think so.

Reactions: headcard
This one stings boys... 500 mile radius with family ties to the program and a position of great need.

We should not be losing recruiting battles to TCU. They are a 2nd tier football school with mediocre fan support. I went to a TCU when they were peaking a few years back an in the top 10 i believe that Ammon Carter stadium was 3/4 full. Weak.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Will we get one more shot in the morning?

No, he was pretty much set on TCU after his visit there. He visited here mostly as a courtesy for his dad (who is a huge Huskers fan), but he was just blown away by his TCU visit and was ready to commit there last week.

The staff's inability to close in this late period has been disappointing. We may have to hit the grad transfer market pretty hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: SC_'sker
This one stings boys... 500 mile radius with family ties to the program and a position of great need.

We should not be losing recruiting battles to TCU. They are a 2nd tier football school with mediocre fan support. I went to a TCU when they were peaking a few years back an in the top 10 i believe that Ammon Carter stadium was 3/4 full. Weak.

We gotta remember, these kids weren’t alive during our run in the 90’s. We’ve been displaying a lot of piss poor football these past 4 years. Once we start winning and making it to Confrence titles, these dudes will be begging for a spot to commit.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We gotta remember, these kids weren’t alive during our run in the 90’s. We’ve been displaying a lot of piss poor football the past 4 years. Once we start winning and making it to Confrence titles, these dudes will be begging for a spot to commit.
Good point.

Reactions: CatColumbia
The whole “4 schollys” available doesn’t take into account if Bland signs with us. If he does, we only have three then there’s the strong possibility of reserving one for a grad transfer. So we could only have 2 scholarships left to give.
4 includes Bland.
We will take 3, and if we take 4 you can be sure Bland is a no-go as they will leave one open for the spring "market" for grad transfers.

After this season of recruiting, and currently being top 15 on rivals, we now have people questioning the coaches’ ability to close? Really?

I’d say they closed pretty well with Robinson, Robinson, Gates, Heinrich, and the like... To expect that we would bat 1000 is wishful thinking, especially with 4-8.

I for one choose not to be disappointed in the recruiting. We won’t get them all, and at least 6 or so of the recruits we did get all are ranked higher than the remaining targets.

You can tell who sees the glass half full and others who see it half empty.

After this season of recruiting, and currently being top 15 on rivals, we now have people questioning the coaches’ ability to close? Really?

I’d say they closed pretty well with Robinson, Robinson, Gates, Heinrich, and the like... To expect that we would bat 1000 is wishful thinking, especially with 4-8.

I for one choose not to be disappointed in the recruiting. We won’t get them all, and at least 6 or so of the recruits we did get all are ranked higher than the remaining targets.

Not to mention limited spots and we have no idea what the coaches board looks like. I am pretty confident that, when the dust settles, we will all feel good about this class and how we filled out the last few spots.

It's a valid point, but tcu what have they done lately. Except for a couple good years there pretty mediocre plus not much fan support. That's a real head scratcher
Football is likely only part of his decision. Have you been to their campus? Beautiful school. Big city amenities in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Affluent alumni base. Lots of beautiful women. Last time I checked they don't get -30F wind chills there. I can certainly see why a kid from SW Missouri would pick TCU.

Football is likely only part of his decision. Have you been to their campus? Beautiful school. Big city amenities in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Affluent alumni base. Lots of beautiful women. Last time I checked they don't get -30F wind chills there. I can certainly see why a kid from SW Missouri would pick TCU.
Please describe these beautiful women. Lol

Frost and Chinander visited Steven Parker's school today, so that seems to indicate they don't expect Jordan to commit here.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Patterson is visiting him tonight, and he still has TCU in his Twitter picture. He's headed south.
If he took down the twitter pic people would assume he is coming here. I think he was all TCU until we step in. I think TCU wins out because they've been there from the get go but TCU is lucky we didnt find him sooner.

Exactly. This might be an issue if we didn't already have a great class. Anyone we get now is like the cherry on the top. At this point we are just trying to fill up a few remaining spots-it's not like we desperately need anyone to make this a great class. I mean, really-fans questioning the coaches recruiting abilities after what we already have? Get real. I always have little patience with impossible to please fans who pick at every little thing, especially now with what we've got and with what we are building.

Reactions: timnsun
I wasn't questioning the recruiting abilities of the staff, I'm happy overall with the class. But it is a bit disappointing to lose out to programs like TCU, UCLA, and Kansas for recruits in the late period.

I also wonder why we didn't recruit Eugene Asante harder? Maybe he just wasn't interested in us, but based on his film and offer list and fact that he's a legacy player, he would have been the #1 linebacker remaining on my board.

If he took down the twitter pic people would assume he is coming here. I think he was all TCU until we step in. I think TCU wins out because they've been there from the get go but TCU is lucky we didnt find him sooner.
I believe we were the first team to even offer him. Now maybe TCU had been talking to him but we offered 2 weeks before they did.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Good point I saw elsewhere-this is the downside to the early signing period. People are focusing on the last few spots a lot more than they would have if everybody was signing in February. Think about if there was no early signing period and we had closed in the February signing period with what we ending up closing with in December. Everybody would be thrilled with what we had got. It's only timing that is making some people think we're having trouble closing with good players.

Reactions: headcard
Just committed to TCU.

Good luck giving up 700+ yards per game.

TCU has been much better defensively than we have in recent years. They've had a Top 25 defense nationally each of the last 2 years. And they've finished ranked in the Top 10 three of the last five years.

I saw their campus when Steven Crowder showed up and a bunch of their students cried like 5 year olds who dropped their ice cream.

ADVERTISEMENT