ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Dylan Jordan decision your predictions?

Hold the press but I think our NEED for speed at OLB is overstated. Last year we added tannor and dixon..they are both soph..they COULD be the guys to fill that role for 3 years..meaning we could have time to get the next guy in next cycle. We added some OLB who come in at 230 meaning they will be 250 -260..and could hold up better in the run. In our conf we need both. Also if those 2 arent getting it done, Farmar could fill that role in the future..as well thompkins..both are versatile athletes

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Agreed. Everybody should be happy with this class. Out of the remaining prospects, I'd still like to see them get Parker, Fonua, and Bivens.

No kidding, people just like to complain. Everyone would have been thrilled had recruiting ended on early signing day. Will still fill out with 4 stars. After a disastrous however many years...to be whining because we may not get an OLB and a Corner, in year 2, is ridiculous. If that's our biggest worry after the past decade or so then we are in great shape.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Hold the press but I think our NEED for speed at OLB is overstated. Last year we added tannor and dixon..they are both soph..they COULD be the guys to fill that role for 3 years..meaning we could have time to get the next guy in next cycle. We added some OLB who come in at 230 meaning they will be 250 -260..and could hold up better in the run. In our conf we need both. Also if those 2 arent getting it done, Farmar could fill that role in the future..as well thompkins..both are versatile athletes
We do need to build that position. It is very important to the success of Chinander's D. That said, the thing that sticks in my mind is that it isn't unlikely that one or two of those tall safety types that we've recruited could grow in to an OLB. Ideally we sure could have used a freshman this year to provide depth at OLB but Frost will figure it out. I think more likely that Nelson is the guy right now that starts out there this fall.

The streak continues...
You’re on a roll.
2gDA.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT