ADVERTISEMENT

Momma Drama

Wow...mom is pissed! She must have been promised some big SEC/Alabama cash! To bad for the kid! Parents can be pretty ungrateful in these situations!

Weird that everyone including him was wearing red/Bama gear, and he picks Florida

So unfortunate. A lot of us never know what really goes on behind the scenes between parents and kids in choosing a school that is best for their sons.

As many of us know, the parents are the ones who broke their back to raise them, cleaning up their diapers, invested their money and livelihood into their kids. Who knows what the dynamics were like between these two. But I will say this: I feel like happens more with SEC schools than other conferences.

I saw that live. I almost teared up. The poor kid seemed so hurt and shocked that his mom would do that to him on National TV. Just so sad.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
They just showed video of her coming back to the ceremonies and hug and kiss her boy. Good to see.

I don't know if mom has a degree or not, but if NOT she's welcome to always enroll at Alabama herself if she thinks its a such a great school....

They just showed that poor kid at the mic in front of his whole school and he was crying. Finally his mom came back and gave him a hug. What a mess. That poor kid just had what should have been a celebration turn into a disaster because of a selfish reaction by his mother.

They just showed that poor kid at the mic in front of his whole school and he was crying. Finally his mom came back and gave him a hug. What a mess. That poor kid just had what should have been a celebration turn into a disaster because of a selfish reaction by his mother.

On the flip side, maybe tell your mom what you are going to do so she doesn't show up at the signing wearing the wrong school's colors.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I am sure the kid could have given her a heads up. But that is no excuse for her actions.

As someone who has gone through this process 2 times with my own kids, I can promise you that had I found out at the announcement that they had sent their NLI to a different school, I am not sure you would have been able to measure the shock and surprise.

Reactions: canaham
As someone who has gone through this process 2 times with my own kids, I can promise you that had I found out at the announcement that they had sent their NLI to a different school, I am not sure you would have been able to measure the shock and surprise.

I have no doubt that you knew ahead of them signing and would have been shocked if they pulled a fast one in front of everybody. But I also assume you wouldn't have left your child on national TV and embarrass him enough to make them cry.

Was he hiding his decision from his mom because he knew she wouldn't approve? Or are they just really poor communicators? There is a lot of unknown. But I have a tough time coming up with realistic scenarios where her reaction was at all appropriate.

Is it about you?

As a parent, it is about your kid. So you should be apart of the decision. I get why Tuco would be upset. Like, what if your child wanted to play for Pitno or Petrino?

That being said, that mother should not have embarrassed her child like that.

Jeeze...
This obviously has been going on for awhile as his twitter would indicate. They obviously fought about this before and he wanted Florida and she didn't.
What a selfish "mom".
If it were my son I'd just be plumb happy he has a full ride to a university, I don't care if it's south dakota or florida.

I saw that live. I almost teared up. The poor kid seemed so hurt and shocked that his mom would do that to him on National TV. Just so sad.

That really hurt to see the kid try to choke back his feelings. This is supposed to be one of the best days of these kids' lives. And the mom makes it about herself, regardless of why she disagrees with his decision. Your time to voice your opinion was up until he made his final decision. No your job is to support him. On top of the short-term crappiness of this, what does sort of an example does the mom throwing a fit and embarrassing her kid on national TV set for him? Some kids have no one else to learn from, and they act like this? Fortunately it looked like he had some others there to support him after she left. Poor kid...

This has nothing to do with being a part of the decision or being mad. This is pure shock and an honest reaction. Over the years, we see thousands of kids announce their decisions and I can think of 2 or 3 times where the parents are truly shocked and unaware of the decision their child was going to make.

This has nothing to do with being a part of the decision or being mad. This is pure shock and an honest reaction. Over the years, we see thousands of kids announce their decisions and I can think of 2 or 3 times where the parents are truly shocked and unaware of the decision their child was going to make.
You're right, lets just assume she had no idea and they didn't argue about this at all and mom is right for storming off on her son on live television.

Can we get back to the threads celebrating our success today? You seem to be missing from those...hmmm.

Reactions: SOHusker11

I have no evidence this occurred but when I first saw this, the thought sure crossed my mind: Mom in Alabama shirt and Tennessee hat. Other relatives in Tennessee gear. Kid announces Florida, the one school no one was wearing (or maybe told to wear). Almost made it seem like it was a situation where he used them as pawns to throw off the indicators and create drama for his announcement and it backfired on him.

All that gear on behind him looked like alot of people getting greased to try and get him to AL or TN. FL must of slipped him a FAT envelope "just for him". Heck yeah!! LOI to FL it is!

You are coming from a place where you and your kids likely communicated, AND more importantly you likely let your becoming adults children decide where they wanted to play collegiately and rec, bueive their education. Good chance this mom didnt do that. Son finally said "f-it, Im going where I want to". Of course this is speculation on my part, but Id bet its the case.

Reactions: FeelingFrosty
Why is a reporter asking a hs kid questions that have obvious and awkward answers? If the reported could have left it we might have thought that mom was moving to allow dad to sit with him, and dad was a florida fan. But now we know there is family drama. I know my mom would have disowned me if I chose the school my dad wanted, because mom gave me love and time, and my dad contributed sperm and bad advice.

Why is a reporter asking a hs kid questions that have obvious and awkward answers? If the reported could have left it we might have thought that mom was moving to allow dad to sit with him, and dad was a florida fan. But now we know there is family drama. I know my mom would have disowned me if I chose the school my dad wanted, because mom gave me love and time, and my dad contributed sperm and bad advice.

Wasn't it Schick putting the kid on the spot?

It was crappy that the Mother acted the way she did but I think the guy asking the questions is a douche for bringing attention to it and making it that much harder for the kid. What an asshole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT