ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Washington seems to be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the same article. Again, show which sources are claiming 40% (like what you're now claiming).

I have a few buddies that have been falsely accused. Their lives are still ruined even after the women were proved to have lied or admitted they fabricated the whole story. Falsely accusing someone of sexual assault needs to be punished just as hard as sexual assault.
Man how odd, you know how many times I and my friends have been wrongly (or rightly) accused of rape? It's zero! In fact I don't know ANYONE personally who has even been accused of rape. Isn't that weird? I know multiple women who have been raped and not brought charges though.

It's almost enough to make you wonder if maybe this isn't an epidemic after all. But as we all know, nobody who is accused of a crime ever tries saying they didn't do it, so if the guy says it didn't happen and the cops couldn't prove it, guess she lied! (insert shrug emojis)

I don't know, but to me, it does seem like it could be a case of the girl not being completely transparent. That being said, it was one of the dumbest things M. Washington could have done to send the video to her with that caption. I mean super dumb. I don't think he leaves Frost any choice other than to boot him. We'll get eaten alive by women's groups.
Tyreek Hill, Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson are all still in the league and they did much much worse than Mo did.

Had to do with an Iowa fan trolling Mo and Mo got pretty vulgar. Something Scott Frost wouldn't want him tweeting out I'm guessing.

I mean the Iowa fan had it coming just for being an Iowa fan, but it showed some of Mo's true character....

I'm surprised someone in our Athletic Department didn't tell him to delete this:

You two are off the rails right now. Which is sad because you are generally some of the better posters here.
Either that or you have a really stupid, unfounded stance that at best you exaggerated by 26.6666% and you should stop saying it because even if there were any factual evidence for your claim (there isn't) it's still a really bad, inflammatory take

Either that or you have a really stupid, unfounded stance that at best you exaggerated by 26.6666% and you should stop saying it because even if there were any factual evidence for your claim (there isn't) it's still a really bad, inflammatory take

I'm biased because of the false allegations that I have seen thrown around. People I've been to school with and worked with were almost ruined because of it. Most of those situations were very similar to this one.

Regardless, 40% is a huge number.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Was this consentual between the 3 in the video? We don't know. Was this filming of it consentual? We don't know. Legally should Maurice have kept it on his phone or shown it to anyone? Obviously not. Should his life be messed up because people in his peer group did something bad and he made a bad choice subsequently?

Who cares about false allegations with regards to Washington’s involvement?

He is being charged with having in his possession a copy of a sex tape where 3 minors were having sex. He then decided to distribute that video to someone that was not the “owner” of the video.

Him having having that video and dispersing said video, is no different than you or I doing the same thing. That is the crime.

The rest of the ancillary bullshit is just so irrelevent and nothing more than people trying to defend a football player and the Nebraska athletics department

Speaking of the statement, that is a text book definition of trying to establish plausible deniability.

Tuco nails it.

Tyreek Hill, Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson are all still in the league and they did much much worse than Mo did.

I don't care what they've done. If we choose to keep this kid on the team, we are going to pay for it 20-fold in the press. Frankly, if we knew about this before the season started like some have reported, Frost is going to be crucified in the press by women's groups.

False vs actual rape us not the issue. It is Mo’s idiotic decision to share the video with the girl in question. The fact that was tweeting for someone (an Iowegian) to “suck his ————“ in Dec 2018 proves he hasn’t learned a damn thing. Low impulse, trash behavior.

Did you read the article?

Taylor alleges the teen boys in the video forced her into having sex after telling her they were going to a fast food restaurant. NBC Bay Area is not naming the teens because they were juveniles at the time and were never charged with sexual assault.

“They’re driving this way, and I’m like, ‘Jack in the Box is back that way,’” Taylor said. “And I said that probably 30 times to them, and eventually they pulled over at this park, with houses on the left hand side, and they’re like, ‘We’re going to have a threesome.’”

Taylor said she froze, terrified.

Do we know if this same story (quote) was told at the time of the incident or now to the press?

There is an even more interesting tweet from Jan 23 on his account. I don't know how to embed. Basically about "girls should get jail time for lying about rape."
Good grief. More lazy/absent PR work by the team and the athletic department. It should be part of somebody's job to go through the account of every one of these kids on a regular basis and make them scrub it of crap like that.

Unpopular but if I'm the coach I don't let my players have public social media profiles for exactly these reasons. With 100-200 dudes in their late teens and early 20s, there are guaranteed to be some dumb, irresponsible things posted. Or worse. Save yourself the headache.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
I don't care what they've done. If we choose to keep this kid on the team, we are going to pay for it 20-fold in the press. Frankly, if we knew about this before the season started like I'm hearing, Frost is going to be crucified in the press by women's groups.
From what I know of him Frost likely doesn't give a shit about what radical intersectional feminists think of how he runs his program. I believe he cares about his players and will take the twitter mobs mudslinging to give the kid a second chance

Apparently our Athletic Dept. is blind to everything or very naive.

I figured all high-profile college programs have someone who monitors the social media of student-athletes. We have at least a dozen GA/Quality Control/personnel guys just for football. They're always tweeting memes whenever we land a recruit, but apparently don't see vulgar tweets by our current players.

All attorneys sound like tool when they're doing their job correctly. Just make sure you have a good tool when you need one.
This kind of tool or a different one?

In August 2011, the Omaha World-Herald reported that Bruning had purchased a lakeside house valued at $675,000 near the Platte Riverin partnership with two Nelnet executives, almost a year after he and his office had been accused of acting favorably toward the student loan company by not enforcing payment of a $1 million judgment awarded to the State of Nebraska when Nelnet was under fire for alleged improper business practices.[15][16]

Not trying to start any crap, sincerely asking, what makes you think he should be gone immediately? Just curious.

I stated before that some punishment right now is probably a good idea (like, issue a suspension until further details come are made available), but that it is hard to know what to do while the legal stuff is being sorted out.

If everything I'm reading is true, we would get completely skewered in the press if we keep him on the team. Shaming what will be considered by women's groups as a 'victim' could potentially cause the Lawrence Phillips dirt to be brought up again. We would get hammered in the press.

From what I know of him Frost likely doesn't give a shit about what radical intersectional feminists think of how he runs his program. I believe he cares about his players and will take the twitter mobs mudslinging to give the kid a second chance
I suspect he's got more "just win baby" to him than he lets on, but he needs to be smarter than this. You can make the slimy play, but you have to make it by the book.

"We're aware of the allegations against Maurice, he will cooperate fully with the investigation, he has voluntarily enrolled in counseling to ensure he understands the seriousness of the matter and will be taking part in voluntary community service speaking engagements to combat these kinds of activities. There will be additional measures taken but we will be handling those in-house in conjunction with our team Unity Council BLAH BLAH BLAH."

How hard is it to craft that statement and be out in front of the story?

Is the DA office charging the other guy in the video? They should should charge both. If not that’s f’ued. Washington did make a mistake by sending the video but he was not involved with any sexual act and recording the video so that law is stupid. They should investigate who the video was sent to in school and see if each person have the video.

If everything I'm reading is true, we would get completely skewered in the press if we keep him on the team. Shaming what will be considered by women's groups as a 'victim' could potentially cause the Lawrence Phillips dirt to be brought up again. We would get hammered in the press.
I'll be surprised if it goes as big as the stuff at OSU did, but it's not going to be good press.

I think he is gone. If he's out, Mills doesn't make it, Jones isn't 100%, then we are screwed at RB.

Reactions: Chuck003
I disagree two different situation.

If coach frost is like TO mo will get his day in court before judgement is passed on by university and the football program

Do a lot of you not know that minors charged with crimes are pretty much always given probation? Kids don't go to prison unless they're being tried as an adult. In extreme cases they get sent away to a corrections facility with other minors but probation is the norm.

And that would be the dumbest fking choice of his career. Do you want the entire Lawrence Phillips incidents brought up again? Do you want the Christian Peter incidents being brought up again? That's where this could potentially be headed. If what he did with the video and caption is true, broom him and move on.

Count me as not really worried about RB depth even if he ends up off the team. Regardless of whether Mills makes it, they have a lot of bodies at that position. Not saying anyone ends up being elite, but they'll have enough for a rotation.

Reactions: bomber89
I didn't read all 7 pages of this, but until he is convicted of a felony it shouldn't result in getting kicked off the team

From my point of view there is a lot of grey area, and could be something like this.

Let's assume this video surfaced when they were dating and was the reason they broke up. It may be a case where she said "Hey congrats on getting a scholarship to NU, maybe we should meet up some time"... He posted the video saying "Remember this hoe (sic)" Basically saying I'm not getting back together because of (Insert Video)... I have seen nothing out yet that says the Video was rape, and not consensual.

That is just one of many scenarios that could of happened where Mo Washington is 100% clean

No way am I saying what he did wasn't mean and wrong. Just saying quit being so quick to cast judgement.

And that would be the dumbest fking choice of his career. Do you want the entire Lawrence Phillips incidents brought up again? Do you want the Christian Peter incidents being brought up again? That's where this could potentially be headed.
I'm not terribly clear on why those incidents from 24-ish years ago are particularly relevant in light of this one. Most people outside of NU have no real memory of what happened there in the 90s.

I kinda forgot about that.

As far as all of this goes, I am going to see how it all plays out before I rush to judgement one way or another.

Same here, I have no desire to speculate and end up looking like a fool. I can manage that without speculating..

Reactions: kaz36
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT