ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Washington Gone

z28craz

Blackshirt
Jan 5, 2004
Just saw on Sean Callahan’s Twitter that Washington and NU have officially parted ways. Someone more tech savvy can link the tweet. Unfortunate, not surprising, and probably for the best going forward.

Reactions: WHCSC
For the best. The guys we have at RB can get it done anyway.

Just as long as he doesn’t land at another BIG 10 school...

Lovie%2BSmith%2Brubbing%2Bbeard%2Bfinger%2Bpoint.gif

I was more referencing being a team player and giving your all to a team that took a chance and stuck by you.

that part he will have to prove himself no matter where he goes I’m afraid. There will definitely be a team that takes him, no doubt, but he’s definitely going to have to prove himself...that’s for sure.

Hope he gets his life back together once his legal issues in CA are resolved. Will learn that most places will not be as accommodating as NU was with him this past year. Need to make his next stop count as it will likely be his last.

About 5 months too late, but hopefully both parties move forward and find success.

Our team needs consistency. We need a guy at RB we can count on game after game.

Reactions: headcard
yep...I can see it already :(

In all seriousness, he will have to set out regardless of destination at the FBS level. I honestly don't believe Mo Washington can keep his life in order for a whole year with or without football. He might be better off to pull the Tyreek Hill and hit up a D2 school next season.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Mo is a baller, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I wish the kid luck, but have a bad feeling that he will never be able to get out of his own way :/

Reactions: headcard
In all seriousness, he will have to set out regardless of destination at the FBS level. I honestly don't believe Mo Washington can keep his life in order for a whole year with or without football. He might be better off to pull the Tyreek Hill and hit up a D2 school next season.

Right and he can still go Pro that way too. Like some are saying, can he keep himself straight enough to get to the NFL? He’s got the talent for it but can he stay out of his own way to get there?

Morrison and Scott, get ready to come in a run. We don’t have a solid #2 back behind Mills. Well unless the staff wants to kill Robinson again.

And please refrain from quoting me and telling me about how great Rahmir is or how Ronald Tompkins
(Aka Boobie Miles) is getting healthier

The staff has recruited one good true RB since it step foot on campus. Hoping this years incoming class is much better.

Morrison and Scott, get ready to come in a run. We don’t have a solid #2 back behind Mills. Well unless the staff wants to kill Robinson again.

And please refrain from quoting me and telling me about how great Rahmir is or how Ronald Tompkins
(Aka Boobie Miles) is getting healthier.

so in other words you want us to pretend R Johnson isn’t on the team then so you can stick to your no real back up RB post? R Johnson showed enough in the little time he got. He didn’t play more because they wanted him to redshirt.

Reactions: cvogele29
so in other words you want us to pretend R Johnson isn’t on the team then so you can stick to your no real back up RB post? R Johnson showed enough in the little time he got.
You are exactly right, he showed me enough in the little time he got. And no, I don’t want to pretend he’s not on the roster. I don’t pretend Chris Walkers not on the roster either. It is what it is

You are exactly right, he showed me enough in the little time he got. And no, I don’t want to pretend he’s not on the roster. I don’t pretend Chris Walkers not on the roster either. It is what it is

most of our talent were freshmen this past season. So yes, we had to suck it up with walk on RBs to get through the season. Now that’s over with, it’s full steam ahead with R Johnson, Wan’Dale Robinson, and R Thompkins. I think Scott 3 and Morrison will come in ready to play from day one. Sevion Morrison is just shy of 190 pounds...I’m curious if they will redshirt him or not?

Last edited:
Too bad. Would have liked to see things work out. Wish him the best and hope he can get his life sorted.

Interested to see if he will land on his feet somewhere. Lots of talent.

Reactions: huskerssalts
In situations like these, the people on the outside, that would be all of us, know very little of what actually went on. It may come out someday, or may not. Anyone that has dealt with "difficult situations" knows there is a lot more to most ecery story than what is conjectured in the public.

Wish MO the best. When teams call Frost to inquire, I can't imagine what the conversation would be like. Him sitting a year is like dynamite waiting to explode. He needs guidance, structure and accountability in ample doses, IMHO.

Who's our No. 2? Johnson? Thompkins? Scott? Morrison? Bradley? Belt? Imma go with Johnson and Scott in the rotation with Mills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT