ADVERTISEMENT

MJ for head coach!!

There is no one right answer.. we tried the NFL guy, the up and coming DC, the near retirement ceo/manager, the native son, so we haven't seen a promotion from within since Solich, which was how many years ago?

If you can get Urban, great, do it. If you can't, I have no problem letting MJ continue to work. Draw him up a 4 year contract. (not 5, but a 4 year one to start at the end of the season.

The formula isn't as important as getting the right guy, and I've seen enough to think MJ has potential to be the right guy.

Fire Raiola, fire Duval, buy the best replacements money can buy for those guys, make Busch full-time DC
I'd keep Busch just not sure where. I agree on raiola perhaps.

Let's just say it this way. If it's mickey then I could see him cleaning house except Busch and rb coach. That's ultimately his call obviously and I think he'll do what needs to be done

Lane or give me Mickey!
images

Reactions: BleedRed78
What the f ever we are a losing team and they helped with it.
Incorrect. How the head coach structures a practice makes all of the difference. If the head coach says we're not even going to practice in pads in the fall practices before the first game, is it the defensive coaches fault if they can't tackle? Hell, they played touch football all spring! That was on Frost. Fischer started a guy at corner who doesn't like contact. Doesn't want to tackle. But Fischer didn't really find that out until the Northwestern game when the player literally jumped out of the way as a teammate tried to make a tackle in the secondary. Is that Fischer's fault?

Incorrect. How the head coach structures a practice makes all of the difference. If the head coach says we're not even going to practice in pads in the fall practices before the first game, is it the defensive coaches fault if they can't tackle? Hell, they played touch football all spring! That was on Frost. Fischer started a guy at corner who doesn't like contact. Doesn't want to tackle. But Fischer didn't really find that out until the Northwestern game when the player literally jumped out of the way as a teammate tried to make a tackle in the secondary. Is that Fischer's fault?
I'm not sure who you are referring to since Northwestern was a while ago.
If the player had film from the year before and it showed he didn't like contact or didn't like to tackle, then yes, you'd have to ask Fisher why he wants to play a guy who doesn't like to tackle in a position that requires tackling.

Reactions: Meanfarmer3160
He's the coach.

If anything is LOL, it's people already dying on the hill to hire a guy with zero P5 head coaching experience. Trolls are constantly saying that Nebraska fans live in the past and think we're better than what we are, but he actual truth is that a lot of Nebraska fans are defeatist low-esteem types that think we can't do better than a career assistant. So yeah, we need to stop stepping on our dicks and make a big time hire.

LOL....

This. ^^^

Nebraska sucked hind tit for 20 some years before Devaney was hired, he was high % in wins.

Nebraska has had 3 coaches in top 10 in win % all time. That is as good as any other program that kicks a$$.

Seems to work. Go get one whoever it is warts and all. FFS Nebraska needs to quit screwing around trying to find Cinderella. That slipper ain't gonna fit. Fairytale coaching hires.

Gut feelings are deceiving and numbers don't lie. Pay the coach 20 million. It's not like they're making 100 million a year....oh wait..

Reactions: mgbreis
How do we know that Mickey after potentially interviewing for the Wisconsin, G tech, ASU, Auburn or other future open power 5 jobs won’t take one of those jobs if offered?

If Alberts were to hire Joseph I would like to see a two year contract with the understanding he must show improvement by the end of the second year in order to get a longer contract. I've had enough of those 50 million dollar deals with huge buy outs. The only way Nebraska should spend 50 million if it's the absolute home run hire we all would love to see, one with little down side and tremendous up side.
SMDH... Nebraska fans make a sentimental hire then be a cheap ass to boot. We are doomed to suck forever.

How do we know that Mickey after potentially interviewing for the Wisconsin, G tech, ASU, Auburn or other future open power 5 jobs won’t take one of those jobs if offered?
Because Mickey in the college coaching world, is not considered to be a big-time head coaching prospect. At least not at this time.

If it isn't MJ.....and I doubt it is.....then my first, and only prediction to date is...

.....Chadwell.

That's my best guess.

If anything is LOL, it's people already dying on the hill to hire a guy with zero P5 head coaching experience. Trolls are constantly saying that Nebraska fans live in the past and think we're better than what we are, but he actual truth is that a lot of Nebraska fans are defeatist low-esteem types that think we can't do better than a career assistant. So yeah, we need to stop stepping on our dicks and make a big time hire.

LOL....
Micky would be a big time hire and would turn this shit show around quickly. He is doing a great job with what was handed to him. None of your fantasy coaches that you wet dream about would be doing any better in the same position. BTW what's a big time hire? I would only consider Saban, Urban, Lane, L. Riley, Kirby and Dabo as big time hires. None of those guys are taking this job. So a big time hire is out of the question. Mickey has it, if you can't see it you're just obtuse.

Micky would be a big time hire and would turn this shit show around quickly. He is doing a great job with what was handed to him. None of your fantasy coaches that you wet dream about would be doing any better in the same position. BTW what's a big time hire? I would only consider Saban, Urban, Lane, L. Riley, Kirby and Dabo as big time hires. None of those guys are taking this job. So a big time hire is out of the question. Mickey has it, if you can't see it you're just obtuse.
Anyone without an avatar should be treated as a hostile

Mickey’s not getting the job. If you can’t see that you’re just obtuse.

Lane all the way. And he might.

How is Mickey a big-time hire? Do you think any other D-I program with an opening wants to hire him as their head coach?

Just a plain ignorant comment. There is one P5 program that would even hire MJ to be OC let alone HC.

Reactions: Minn1954
ADVERTISEMENT