ADVERTISEMENT

Missed it, why no M Washington

jaxandmillie

Walk On
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2010
I missed it can someone tell me why Washington isnt visiting this weekend? Are we prioritizing Jones or is Washington’s grades not quite yet in order? We need that cat he’s versatile!

I missed it can someone tell me why Washington isnt visiting this weekend? Are we prioritizing Jones or is Washington’s grades not quite yet in order? We need that cat he’s versatile!
I think they would take both Jones and Washington. Rumor is the staff wants to do an in-home and check out his grade situation next week and then have him visit after that, if his grades are OK.

But now Urban Meyer is doing an in-home visit next week too:mad:

I think they would take both Jones and Washington. Rumor is the staff wants to do an in-home and check out his grade situation next week and then have him visit after that, if his grades are OK.

Suppose it wouldn’t look good if he came this weekend and committed on the spot with out checking his grades situation.

Pecking order.

Also of note, unless we pull a rabbit out of our hat or the NCAA made adjustments without publicizing them, we will have less than 5 OV's for 2018 spring ball and IIRC, 2018 is the first year (2019 class) recruits are allowed to OV the 2nd semester of their junior year.

Urban isn't going to worry that much about grades. He will offer
a scholarship, and if grades interfere he will put him at some JC for
a short period of time until he qualifies. He will not allow a talent
like Washington to get to a competitor, e.g., NU!

I'm starting to think certain schools offer kids just to keep from having to compete against them. Isn't OSU basically full and loaded at RB?

Last edited:
I'm starting to think certain schools offer kids just to keep from having to compete them. Isn't OSU basically full and loaded at RB?

That is the way Urban works.. Hopefully the recruits figure out that they'll play more at another school and want to beat the pants off him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redblood23
Back in the day of 105 scholarships that’s what we used to do too..., let Urban be Urban... we’re still going to wax his Arse SOON!!!

Urban isn't going to worry that much about grades. He will offer
a scholarship, and if grades interfere he will put him at some JC for
a short period of time until he qualifies. He will not allow a talent
like Washington to get to a competitor, e.g., NU!

Disagree. Urban recruits at too high of a level to worry about placing a RB at a JUCO and waiting 2 years. He'll continue to grab high level RB's every class, just like he always does, and unless someone jumps ship early, he won't blink an eye at a JUCO RB.

He's signed something like 8 4* RB's in the last 4 classes, 3 in the 2018 class alone. Eek

Reactions: davecisar
Disagree. Urban recruits at too high of a level to worry about placing a RB at a JUCO and waiting 2 years. He'll continue to grab high level RB's every class, just like he always does, and unless someone jumps ship early, he won't blink an eye at a JUCO RB.

He's signed something like 8 4* RB's in the last 4 classes, 3 in the 2018 class alone. Eek
If he has three in this class already, why is he visiting Williams?

I hope we are using our remaining OVs wisely. Using one on someone like Jean-Baptiste almost seems like a waste, when every crystal ball has him going to Ohio State.

How often does that placing a kid in a jumo actually pan out?

"he won't blink an eye at a JUCO RB". Really? Then why is "he"
Personally going to do an in-home visit with a JUCO?

You can have them but how often will you drive ALL of them..

That is what Washington needs to figure out.

Saves the wear and tear on his body, especially RB. NFL looks hard at that. Why the OU and Bama are an NFL factory. Like OSU - kids go there to get to the league after 3 years. And maybe not start but 1 year. Oh the problems they have.

Pecking order.

Also of note, unless we pull a rabbit out of our hat or the NCAA made adjustments without publicizing them, we will have less than 5 OV's for 2018 spring ball and IIRC, 2018 is the first year (2019 class) recruits are allowed to OV the 2nd semester of their junior year.
So, the number of OV's don't reset after signing day? I just figured that since it would be 2019 recruits that are visiting, that the visit numbers would count against the 2019 numbers and not 2018's. Do you know when they reset?

I hope we are using our remaining OVs wisely. Using one on someone like Jean-Baptiste almost seems like a waste, when every crystal ball has him going to Ohio State.

Ah yes, Crystal Balls.. Let them guide us to the promised land.

So, the number of OV's don't reset after signing day? I just figured that since it would be 2019 recruits that are visiting, that the visit numbers would count against the 2019 numbers and not 2018's. Do you know when they reset?

Academic calendar year.

OSU only 3 backs saw the field. Dobbins Fresh. 4.25 / 1500 yds and Weber soph 650 yds .so with the RS's and 3 more for 2018 ..and already 1 for 19 ....Meyer's not satisfied with 8 or 9 4* They didn't utilize what they had ...A lot of teams shut em down....USC the last one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT