ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota looking really good

Wish we could play NW again without SF finger prints on the game..
We owe them a lot of thanks for hastening frosts exile

big ten currently sporting two teams ranked in the 120-130 range, as usual

Conference has 4 legit teams of being ranked tOSU, Penn St, Michigan and Minnesota..

Any other teams will end up 8-4 at best..

Reactions: king_kong_

That honor of hastening Frost's exit goes to GA Southern. But ND gave him the scare of his life.

Frost looked terrible at the press conference after that ND game? Had NU lost or even won in an ugly way, I think he would have been fired the next day.

Why? Has little PJ ever beat Iowa?

It’s funny how some think Campbell (who actually did turn around a bad program) would be a poor hire because he can’t beat Iowa, but think Fleck, who also can’t beat Iowa, is amazing.
Congratulations Minnesota ranked 21st.

7 SEC schools ahead of the Gophers.
LOL no wonder there's so much trolling on here. You're just asking for it when you talk like that.

You actually can’t be serious how good the B1G West is..

Ioway has a outstanding defense and exceptional punter but will lose three or four games yet because Petras sucks.
Wisconsin is average as hell..
Illinois verdict is still out till this week, lost to Indiana.
Purdue easily could be better but they‘ll be the team that who has more to say who wins the division than losses it.
Going to be damn interesting to see if in two weeks Busch can get this defense to improve. Very, very important for the rest of our season that we beat Indiana. It is critical. Lose to them and the wheels will come off and we won't win another game. But beat them and then beat Rutgers and Illinois to go 4-3 would give us a fighting chance to win six. We will lose, most likely, to Minnesota and Michigan. That puts us with five losses. Can we beat Purdue on the road? Iowa on the road? Wisconsin at home? If we win two of those three we go 6-6 and make a bowl.

The great intangible factor in all of this is the attitude and mindset of our players right now. Are they even still interested? Do they still want to put in the hard work necessary to win at least six games? Are they happy or pissed that Frost got fired? Or indifferent? Do they view these coaches as interim placeholders and therefore feel no real investment in taking direction from them?

People tend to forget how brutal football is, what a physical toll it takes, and how much work off the field is also required to be a top-flight team. It is not easy and requires commitment. Do the players still have that fire in the belly and that commitment? It has to be hard especially with all of the negative press swirling around. These are, after all, just 18-22 year old guys.

The Indiana game will tell us a lot in answering those questions.

Just looked at his stats and you’re probably right. I jumped the gun watching just a few good plays.
As mentioned above, it will be nice to play them without Morgan and Ibrahim next year, although Fleck might slime his way into landing a solid transfer.
Both our QB and RB rooms are STACKED. As good as Morgan is, the guy behind him is more mobile and has a stronger arm. Already getting playing time this year. And we've been bringing in horses at RB for a few years now.

Are you Jerry Kill?
No, he's not. He just has a hatred for PJ similar to how liberals feel about Trump. He chooses to ignore all the obvious positives and try and slip in a slight here or there, and he can usually get away with it because no nebraska poster will know whether he's accurate or not.

No, he's not. He just has a hatred for PJ similar to how liberals feel about Trump. He chooses to ignore all the obvious positives and try and slip in a slight here or there, and he can usually get away with it because no nebraska poster will know whether he's accurate or not.
EVERYONE hates Flick. Even you hate him, you just dont realize it. Just take a look at the guy, a really good, hard look. Now, listen to anything he says. Anything. He can be telling his wife to make him a sandwich, or explaining 3rd down metrics or telling the doctor to pull the plug on his elderly grandma, dont matter. Just listen, and then tell yourself you don't hate him. Try it. You cant. Its impossible. No one can. You dont wear a clip on tie, under a sweater vest under a polo, under a maroon half zip with pants that are too short without knowing everyone hates you.

They must be pulling some serious 'Jordan Peele's Get Out' type system up in Minneapolis because I cant imagine how any kid with a normal brain could be excited about having that guy be your leader. Its just gross. And frankly, should be illegal.

Oh, but contrats on your 21 ranking. If I can say one thing about Flick, he is taking advantage of a historically bad West when no one in Nebraska could. So props to him. But....MSU is not good and I will not be the slightest bit impressed until they beat a team with a pulse. Maybe he can pull it off, but I am still thinking they will run Ibrahim into the ground and tear up his knee again before a couple more games.

Going to be damn interesting to see if in two weeks Busch can get this defense to improve. Very, very important for the rest of our season that we beat Indiana. It is critical. Lose to them and the wheels will come off and we won't win another game. But beat them and then beat Rutgers and Illinois to go 4-3 would give us a fighting chance to win six. We will lose, most likely, to Minnesota and Michigan. That puts us with five losses. Can we beat Purdue on the road? Iowa on the road? Wisconsin at home? If we win two of those three we go 6-6 and make a bowl.

The great intangible factor in all of this is the attitude and mindset of our players right now. Are they even still interested? Do they still want to put in the hard work necessary to win at least six games? Are they happy or pissed that Frost got fired? Or indifferent? Do they view these coaches as interim placeholders and therefore feel no real investment in taking direction from them?

People tend to forget how brutal football is, what a physical toll it takes, and how much work off the field is also required to be a top-flight team. It is not easy and requires commitment. Do the players still have that fire in the belly and that commitment? It has to be hard especially with all of the negative press swirling around. These are, after all, just 18-22 year old guys.

The Indiana game will tell us a lot in answering those questions.
No question this team needs to feel good about themselves winning this game would go along way if we could come out with a win…

Fleck is an incredible douche, but at least they know exactly who they are as a team and program. Rowing the boat, all pulling on the same rope, whatever cheesy thing anyone wants to use as a theme, at least they have one.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Yes, I do despise PJ Fleck. He is a selfish slime ball that is about PJ and only PJ. I literally cannot stand him, I’ve made no secret about that.

But everything I have stated is a fact. It looks like Minnesota has a good team this year and very well may win the West, which could change things, but to date he has been no better than the coaches before him, just better at self promoting. I’m not ignoring any positives, but you sure are choosing to ignore some major negatives.

It does. I literally showed you the data that says he did. Plus, Kill had to turn around a loser and had to play against competent Nebraska teams. Little PJ just kept winning at the same clip, with the automatic W’s against terrible Nebraska teams, and has convinced some people that is amazing.
Yeah, if you cherry pick the data you can get it to look any way you want. Trump just ran with Obama's economy too, right?

Your hatred of the man completely biases your opinion, so much so, that you don't even notice the bias.

But I will give you credit for having some stones, it takes a lot to sit and argue with another team's fans while thinking that you know more about the team than they do.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Minnesota won 9 games the year before PJ got to town. He then turned that into 5 and 7 win seasons.
Classic cherry-picking! News flash - teams that lose a lot of starters aren't really the same team the next year, at least mediocre teams like Kill's Gophers. (Obviously tOSU and 'bama can reload, the Kill/Claeys Gophers, not so much.)

Yes, I do despise PJ Fleck. He is a selfish slime ball that is about PJ and only PJ. I literally cannot stand him, I’ve made no secret about that.

But everything I have stated is a fact. It looks like Minnesota has a good team this year and very well may win the West, which could change things, but to date he has been no better than the coaches before him, just better at self promoting. I’m not ignoring any positives, but you sure are choosing to ignore some major negatives.
Not ignoring any positives??? GTFO with a statement like that lol. All you "claim" is that he's achieving the same results as Kill and that simply isn't true. I could list a bunch of facts that support what I'm saying, but you'll just ignore them and eventually pivot back to "he inheritied a 9-4..." blah blah blah.

If you take the view from the moon, the results might seem kinda close. But get in a dig a bit and it's quite different.

Yeah, if you cherry pick the data you can get it to look any way you want. Trump just ran with Obama's economy too, right?

Your hatred of the man completely biases your opinion, so much so, that you don't even notice the bias.

But I will give you credit for having some stones, it takes a lot to sit and argue with another team's fans while thinking that you know more about the team than they do.

Perhaps your fandome has biased your opinion, as you are choosing to ignore all his negatives and the actual results. Not exactly objective.

BTW. You are on a Nebraska message board arguing with Nebraska fans. Let that reality sink in. I didn’t go to your board, if you even have one, because I don’t care what you think about Nebraska. Yet here you are. If you are so happy with your coach, why is it important that Nebraska fans worship him like you do? That’s just weird.

Perhaps your fandome has biased your opinion, as you are choosing to ignore all his negatives and the actual results. Not exactly objective.

BTW. You are on a Nebraska message board arguing with Nebraska fans. Let that reality sink in. I didn’t go to your board, if you even have one, because I don’t care what you think about Nebraska. Yet here you are. If you are so happy with your coach, why is it important that Nebraska fans worship him like you do? That’s just weird.
Scott Frost is a .500 (35-38 record) coach. With a National Championship to his credit.

You should have kept him.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT