ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota looking really good

OK.

PJ Fleck is a dirt bag, used car salesman. He cares about himself and only himself. He makes the players cheer for him when he enters the room, makes the team wear “Fleck” shirts, has his own sponsors. He has won at almost the exact same rate as his predecessors, but talks about how amazing he is 24/7 and has somehow convinced people not paying attention that he is some sort of miracle worker. He is a self absorbed clown and I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn that he is a closet serial killer.

Here is the last decade of Minnesota football, sure seems like the same team to me.

9-4
3-4
11-2
7-6
5-7
9-4
6-7
8-5
8-5
6-7

P.J.'s 5 years 35-23 (60%)
5 years before PJ 37-28 (57%)

Now what exactly is it about him you find so amazing?
He is a coach who concentrates on the trenches, schemes, runs the ball and stops the run. Nothing too flashy. He damn near shut out Sparty in East Lansing today. With 8 four stars

He is a coach who concentrates on the trenches, schemes, runs the ball and stops the run. Nothing too flashy. He damn near shut out Sparty in East Lansing today. With 8 four stars

So you like his style of play.

I see a guy who is winning at the exact rate the coach before him. A guy that would never lead us to anything of significance and a coach I would loathe rooting for.

I don’t get it. Only Jerry Kill would think that PJ winning at the exact same clip as him is not that special? Kill did actually turn a loser into a winner though, he just didn’t shamelessly promote himself.
Jerry Kill didn't come close to doing what Fleck is doing up there. The data doesn't support your argument.

Jerry Kill didn't come close to doing what Fleck is doing up there. The data doesn't support your argument.

It does. I literally showed you the data that says he did. Plus, Kill had to turn around a loser and had to play against competent Nebraska teams. Little PJ just kept winning at the same clip, with the automatic W’s against terrible Nebraska teams, and has convinced some people that is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
It does. I literally showed you the data that says he did and Kill had to turn around a loser and had to play against competent Mebraska teams. Little PJ just kept winning at the same clip, with the automatic W’a against terrible Nebraska teams, and has convinced some people that is amazing.
Yeah Fleck was .500 at Western Michigan too. 1-11 his 1st year...13-1 his 4th year. .500.

Reactions: Bruce1981
It does. I literally showed you the data that says he did and Kill had to turn around a loser and had to play against competent Mebraska teams. Little PJ just kept winning at the same clip, with the automatic W’a against terrible Nebraska teams, and has convinced some people that is amazing.
JK didn't have one season where he won more than 8.

Go show me one game where Kill dominated a conference foe while being in the top 5 of most statistics nationally.

Say what you want about how big of a douche he could be, but his players bought in.

Go show me one game where Kill dominated a conference foe while being in the top 5 of most statistics nationally.

Say what you want about how big of a douche he could be, but his players bought in.
You're right about Kill. His high watermark was 5-3 in conference. With lousy seasons mixed in, and with no brighter outlook.

No MN team has been better than 5-3 since 1973.

In the last 2 full seasons, Fleck is 7-2 and 6-3 in the B1G.

It is not about buying in...it is about how horrible this conference is...

Good lord, NW just lost to SIU...

You're right about Kill. His high watermark was 5-3 in conference. With lousy seasons mixed in, and with no brighter outlook.

No MN team has been better than 5-3 since 1973.

In the last 2 full seasons, Fleck is 7-2 and 6-3 in the B1G.
It goes to show that in the Big Ten (especially the west) if you are just an average coach...you will do just fine.

Reactions: headcard

Minnesota won 9 games the year before PJ got to town. He then turned that into 5 and 7 win seasons. You can have your man crush on the guy if you want, but the statistics say his Minnesota is the same Minnesota as before he got to town.

Maybe they have a great year and you can pound your chest about being right, but I still wouldn’t want any part of that guy coaching a team I care about.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Minnesota won 9 games the year before PJ got to town. He then turned that into 5 and 7 win seasons. You can have your man crush on the guy if you want, but the statistics say his Minnesota is the same Minnesota as before he got to town.

Maybe they have a great year and you can pound you chest about being right, but I still wouldn’t want any part of that guy coaching a team I care about.
Yeah we were 9-4 (5-4) the year before Fleck. Unranked. Claeys' recruiting class was ranked in the 80's before Fleck salvaged it.

Kill/Claeys was 5-7 (2-6) the previous year.

I know you'd love us to go back to that.

Yeah we were 9-4 (5-4) the year before Fleck. Unranked. Claeys' recruiting class was ranked in the 80's before Fleck salvaged it.

Back? You girls are that.

Until you make a Big ten championship game and/or 12 team playoff...you are "that"

Back? Fleck’s results are identical. Try the Minny board, if they have one, they might buy what your selling.

Damn, but Minnesota is putting the hammer to Michigan State early. Two drives and two touchdowns. Brutal running and precision passing. MSU looks hapless and their offense has just 3 plays so far. I hate Fleck for his weirdness but he can really coach. Mel Tucker? A one hit wonder looks like. Lost to Washington last week now getting his teeth kicked in by Minnesota. Is Minnesota this good or is MSU this bad?
they should easily win the West

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I made a post back in march or April how minnesota was the game that worried me the most this year.definitely has aged well
That game and Michigan are the ones to worry about the most.

Minnesota game feels like it could be a repeat of the 34-7 loss few years back. Michigan will score more than the last time they won 56-10. I doubt Harbaugh will let his foot off the gas. He will try to score 70+ points

Damn, but Minnesota is putting the hammer to Michigan State early. Two drives and two touchdowns. Brutal running and precision passing. MSU looks hapless and their offense has just 3 plays so far. I hate Fleck for his weirdness but he can really coach. Mel Tucker? A one hit wonder looks like. Lost to Washington last week now getting his teeth kicked in by Minnesota. Is Minnesota this good or is MSU this bad?
Minny is that good. MSU was overrated this season, bettors dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
NW is the 2nd-worst B1G team. The 3rd-highest-ranked SEC team lost to Appalachian State.
You actually can’t be serious how good the B1G West is..

Ioway has a outstanding defense and exceptional punter but will lose three or four games yet because Petras sucks.
Wisconsin is average as hell..
Illinois verdict is still out till this week, lost to Indiana.
Purdue easily could be better but they‘ll be the team that who has more to say who wins the division than losses it.

they should easily win the West
They’ve had two recent chances

blew them both & had to rely on others to get them there

if Minn go undefeated this regular season, their best win would be, what, @pennst?

lol prob would still be unranked at 12-0

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT