ADVERTISEMENT

minn-iowa

As stated, it’s not like you have huge pooulation bases packed together. It’s also not like you have one team in CB and the other in Iowa City. If you had another FBS school 2.5 hours west of Lincoln, you don’t think it would affect Nebraska? Btw, it’s also a national problem, not just Iowa.
Your point is moot for reasons Ive stated above.

I do not care whether Iowa fills their stadium or not. I had an honest question and it turned into excuse making and Husker hate from some Iowa posters. Iowas stadium woes or lack thereof have nothing to do with Nebraska.
Go enjoy your win on your home board. It was a good win, I thought. Yet here y’all are, as usual.

umad.gif
LaughingLaughing

None of that has anything to do with why Iowa struggles to fill their stadium even for a top ten game as a ranked team.

And judging by the fact that you Iowa idiots are always stalking our board, I’d say Nebraska fans arent the only ones obsessed with Nebraska.
Frankly, if y’all cared as much about the Hawkeyes as you do Nebraska, you just might fill that stadium.

Heres the part where you dont go away but swear we’re the weird ones :rolleyes:.

Typical reaction when called out and you know the truth is stabbing you, lol.

We are fine with Husker fans being obsessed with your program-- because it's caused your program to become completely irrelevant on a national basis for the past 20 years-plus now. It's forced undue changes that have set you back-- not move you forward. Even a bonehead like you admits to that. You can't beat Iowa anymore as they beat you like a drum-- you never stand a prayer versus Wisconsin, and now Minnesota pounded you this year. Tough gig I know. Now get your ass behind your program, stop being a poor loser and envious of others (frankly, it's making you look silly), and understand that eating your humble pie can help you become a fan instead of a fanatic.

Your point is moot for reasons Ive stated above.

I do not care whether Iowa fills their stadium or not. I had an honest question and it turned into excuse making and Husker hate from some Iowa posters. Iowas stadium woes or lack thereof have nothing to do with Nebraska.
Go enjoy your win on your home board. It was a good win, I thought. Yet here y’all are, as usual.

tenor.gif

Most Iowa fans hate Stanley and will agree Ferentz is boring as heck...
There is a vocal crowd that pushes the "hate Stanley" view but most fans appreciate the job he's doing considering the Hawks inconsistent offensive line. What Coach Ferentz lacks in "sizzle", he more than make ups for with class, integrity and stability. He always has a plan that keeps us in any game, which is why we're something like 14 points short of a 10-0 record.

There is a vocal crowd that pushes the "hate Stanley" view but most fans appreciate the job he's doing considering the Hawks inconsistent offensive line. What Coach Ferentz lacks in "sizzle", he more than make ups for with class, integrity and stability. He always has a plan that keeps us in any game, which is why we're something like 14 points short of a 10-0 record.

Since Ferentz has been HC at Iowa, Nebraska has gone through HCs Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and now Frost. That's 5. Yet Iowa has more wins since 2001 than has Nebraska.

Reactions: Hawkofxmaspast
Typical reaction when called out and you know the truth is stabbing you, lol.

We are fine with Husker fans being obsessed with your program-- because it's caused your program to become completely irrelevant on a national basis for the past 20 years-plus now. It's forced undue changes that have set you back-- not move you forward. Even a bonehead like you admits to that. You can't beat Iowa anymore as they beat you like a drum-- you never stand a prayer versus Wisconsin, and now Minnesota pounded you this year. Tough gig I know. Now get your ass behind your program, stop being a poor loser and envious of others (frankly, it's making you look silly), and understand that eating your humble pie can help you become a fan instead of a fanatic.
Youre like a child wandering into a story with no premise.
Did you read my posts? Care to address the points I made in them, or ramble about something no one is talking about?
Oh look...youre still here. Surprise, surprise.

How many points do they give ya if your stadium is sold out, again?
None.
Its irrelevant to results on the field.
You Iowa fans are sure easy to get your panties in a bunch.

Its so irrelevant you can just stop talking about it and go away instead of wasting time here, right?

I feel pretty confident that Nebraska will eventually be getting back to averaging 7-8 wins a year like Ferentz. The only difference is we won’t celebrate it.

Also, I would definitely take Hoiberg over Fran if I had the choice.
Define we. The athletic department? The majority of Iowa fans aren’t satisfied with 7-8 wins. The minority are fearful that Iowa could become what they were in the 70’s. Which I think is crap. Iowa is set up well to atleast remain a 7 win team as a floor.

Define we. The athletic department? The majority of Iowa fans aren’t satisfied with 7-8 wins. The minority are fearful that Iowa could become what they were in the 70’s. Which I think is crap. Iowa is set up well to atleast remain a 7 win team as a floor.

I don’t think every Iowa fan thinks that way. But, we have also had Iowa fans over here claiming they couldn’t do better than Ferentz. Which boggles my mind. And for as much as Iowa fans make fun of Nebraska for unrealistic expectations, it’s really no different for Iowa fans in the offseason.

Sure, Iowa could do worse and run the risk of going in the tank like Nebraska is right now. But, I also don’t think Ferentz is maximizing your program. And to make it worse, he’s pretty clearly setting up his son to take over which I feel pretty confident in saying that will turn ugly.

I don’t think every Iowa fan thinks that way. But, we have also had Iowa fans over here claiming they couldn’t do better than Ferentz. Which boggles my mind. And for as much as Iowa fans make fun of Nebraska for unrealistic expectations, it’s really no different for Iowa fans in the offseason.

Sure, Iowa could do worse and run the risk of going in the tank like Nebraska is right now. But, I also don’t think Ferentz is maximizing your program. And to make it worse, he’s pretty clearly setting up his son to take over which I feel pretty confident in saying that will turn ugly.
Not a ton of regular posters and fans are excited about Brian being the next in line. I too cringe at the people that say Iowa can’t do better. I think Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin are set up to compete every year in the west. Unless you hire a career .500 coach from Oregon State.

I just hate the narrative that Iowa fans are fine with it. Iowa fans mock his bonuses as much as Nebraska fans. Some of you guys mock Iowa for not selling out a game against a top 10 team. Don’t you think that might say something about the mindset of Iowa fans?

Yes, was very upset when the contract was set for Ferentz to receive a bonus for 7 wins, should have been at the very least 8 to kick in, maybe 9. 7 wins should be a given, if you don't reach that should lose the value of a bonus not receive one.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You should hope to get
I feel pretty confident that Nebraska will eventually be getting back to averaging 7-8 wins a year like Ferentz. The only difference is we won’t celebrate it.

Also, I would definitely take Hoiberg over Fran if I had the choice.
You should hope to get back to the Solich days. Frost gets the recruits, but the problem sounds like it's in the development stage and his assts.

You should hope to get

You should hope to get back to the Solich days. Frost gets the recruits, but the problem sounds like it's in the development stage and his assts.

Well there really isn’t a large enough sample size to say Frost hasn’t developed his recruits.

And Iowa fans should hope that the Ferentz boys don’t handcuff their program.

The programs goal every year is to win every game which means the West Division, the CCG, and then whatever comes next be it a Bowl Game or Play Off Games.

Kirk doesn’t beat his chest and proclaim the road to Indy runs through Iowa City that’s not how he operates. He’s a humble guy who tries to develop his players into being better football players than they were as incoming Freshmen.

Reactions: Farleyhawk
Well there really isn’t a large enough sample size to say Frost hasn’t developed his recruits.

And Iowa fans should hope that the Ferentz boys don’t handcuff their program.
I agree with you on both. I kept being told that Frost would develope his team from the great run at the end of last year and that’s why there was so much optimism for this year. I kept asking how anyone could know that but was met with “go away Hawkeye”. I don’t think it’s trolling at all to say Frost doesn’t have a record of developing guys. Nor, as you stated, does he have a record of NOT developing guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT