ADVERTISEMENT

Mills

Kid needs more touches. If I were him I wouldn’t be thrilled by the McCafferey at RB cute shit.

Thompkins needs feeding too
Get better and you won't have to worry about it. McCaffrey is our biggest play threat, and was our best option at running back today.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I doubt we will see the same thing for the rest of the year. McCaffery is just very very versatile and the coaches needed to find a strategic advantage today to keep OSU guessing.
I think this is probably accurate

I doubt we will see the same thing for the rest of the year. McCaffery is just very very versatile and the coaches needed to find a strategic advantage today to keep OSU guessing.
I am thinking quite the opposite..

this is the blueprint.

Frost loves this kind of stuff.. dialing up all kinds of cute plays, at the expense of actually establishing any kind of running game or offensive plan. It's all about quick strike, except no WR to do that, so we are one dimensional with no real running game approach, it's just free lance kind of stuff.

at least that is what we saw today.. and it netted us 17 points.. why would you stray away from that?

(Obviously I am trying to show how stupid of an approach this was today)

this is the blueprint.

Frost loves this kind of stuff.. dialing up all kinds of cute plays, at the expense of actually establishing any kind of running game or offensive plan. It's all about quick strike, except no WR to do that, so we are one dimensional with no real running game approach, it's just free lance kind of stuff.

at least that is what we saw today.. and it netted us 17 points.. why would you stray away from that?

Have to consider the circumstances. The 2 legitimate deep threats we have to spread the field vertically weren't ready to go, so if we had gone with a traditional running attack we would have been very one dimensional. The only chance we had was to outmanuever OSU with unpredictable strategy. Yes, Frost gets pretty cutesy sometimes but I think this was somewhat out of necessity.

Yeah it's one thing to mix it up and get Luke touches. It's another to have your #1 RB look like he's maybe 5th on your priority list. That ain't gonna get it.

Suuuuper cutesy today, they looked like a team that didn't think they could beat OSU straight up so they had to have a gimmick fest.

Yeah it's one thing to mix it up and get Luke touches. It's another to have your #1 RB look like he's maybe 5th on your priority list. That ain't gonna get it.

Suuuuper cutesy today, they looked like a team that didn't think they could beat OSU straight up so they had to have a gimmick fest.
I don't think there was anyone, anywhere, that thought we were going to beat OSU straight up today.

I suppose we could have tried to just pound it up the middle all game long, but I doubt the outcome would have been any better. The fact of the matter is that Mills is a serviceable back but not probably the type of playmaker that can carry a team against what we faced today. Truth be told, I was more disappointed in how we used Wandale than Mills.

They didnt have to.. Our O line wasnt afraid of them.

We weren't going to beat OSU running Mills straight up the middle. Luke gave us our best chance to win from that spot, that's why he was out there.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
We weren't going to beat OSU running Mills straight up the middle. Luke gave us our best chance to win from that spot, that's why he was out there.
Exactly, so why would it be any different next week or the week after that?

Reactions: kakdawg
Kid needs more touches. If I were him I wouldn’t be thrilled by the McCafferey at RB cute shit.

Agreed completely. I like the McCaffery changeup here and there but today was a bit too cute for my liking as well. Honestly I'd rather have seen McCaffery out wide at WR. At least then the safety's would've had to respect the threat of a deep ball.

Holla

Get better and you won't have to worry about it. McCaffrey is our biggest play threat, and was our best option at running back today.

Not sure I agree with that. If that's the case make him a damn RB. I think we both know better than that.

Holla

Reactions: bigboxes

It will be different for sure. That take was a bad one from the beginning. If he's the best chance to win at RB they would put him at RB and give it to him 20-25 times. We all know better than that.

Holla

We gave it to mills 9 times. He’s better than that. And twice I felt like AM gave it to him in a poorly read zone read where he was running into 3 defenders.
Frost neglected Ozigbo and Mills (last year) for the front end of the season. Only to use them appropriately towards the end when the Ws are in the books. OSUs D wasn’t super crazy. Our OL could move them. Wish we could establish some more traditional running

The only chance we have of playing with a team like Ohio State is making big plays and Luke provides that. With Mills you can grind out drives against the less talented teams.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I believe OSU's gameplan wanted to take Mills out of the game and make our QBs keep the ball. Similar to what we were doing with Fields as the announcers mentioned. It worked out a lot better for them. They forced 2 fumbles by our QBs including one returned for a TD. Mills was swarmed quite a few times when he was given the ball. That would explain his production today. We gained 210 yards on the ground against a title contender. Doesn't matter how you get it.

Mills will get his time to shine this season.

this is the blueprint.

I get your pessimism but we just played a legit title contender and were in the game for a long time. We weren’t going to beat them, but there was a chance it could have been 17-14 at half without side from the officials. We moved the ball pretty well at times just had some errors. I hate losing but I already think we look better and this is the first time we’ve had a game since November of last year. We’re you expecting to win? I actually saw some bright spots.

You're not wrong but he didnt light the world on fire when in there. Expect a pass off of Luke in the backfield after establishing him running. As early as this week.

ADVERTISEMENT