ADVERTISEMENT

Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to go back and see how many of these people that talk about Mazour not amounting to anything and see if they said the same thing about Ozigbo. I bet many many of them did.

So we get to count on an Ozigbo-like performance this year from WM?

Can’t wait

Wyatt is the guy who will likely get bruiser roll carries. Dude is 5’9” and about 205. Can’t see him, runs low, and is fearless. I’ll take it!

40 4.28
Vert. 42 inches
Bench 425
Fearlessness: check
5’ 9” bruiser: check

He’s going to be a senior this year?
Yes. Can’t wait to see him get a few more touches... here and there. Hard not to give the ball to Mo, JD, WR, 2AM, RJ... etc...

Is it next season yet!?

I don’t see anyone on this list for 3rd and short plays, goal line plays or run out the clock drives at the end of games. Guess those plays are not important. They only dictate entire games. Do people really think Wyatt is the guy for this? We won’t win jack if he is our guy.

This offense all set to go doesn’t require a bruiser to run between the tackles. The idea is to get our guys in space so that they can make something happen. Gaining a hard yard is accomplished in many ways with a spread offense, the traditional short yardage running game really isn’t one of them.

I think once these kids get the offense down you’ll start to see quite a few screens and such in short yardage situations and you’re going to be pissed about it at times.

I don’t see anyone on this list for 3rd and short plays, goal line plays or run out the clock drives at the end of games. Guess those plays are not important. They only dictate entire games. Do people really think Wyatt is the guy for this? We won’t win jack if he is our guy.

This offense all set to go doesn’t require a bruiser to run between the tackles. The idea is to get our guys in space so that they can make something happen. Gaining a hard yard is accomplished in many ways with a spread offense, the traditional short yardage running game really isn’t one of them.

I think once these kids get the offense down you’ll start to see quite a few screens and such in short yardage situations and you’re going to be pissed about it at times.
People act like we didn’t miss on short yardage even in the hay days! We did.

Lots of interesting talk, the reality may be a different story.

First, very unlikely it is Garden City problem. Systems are set up to flag teachers and admin if a grade is missing. The admin there know what is going with this kid as well.

Two people I would NOT depend on for getting the tough yards on a consistent basis over the entire year - Washington has a long ways to go to be a featured every down back for an entire season and exposing Adrian to more hits than necessary because we don't have a go-to back will eventually catch up to him in the long season.

Yes, not having Mills here for winter conditioning and spring prep is big. You now have a team entering year two of this O and not having everyone ready could be a problem. Not to mention open him up for more injuries - see Washington.

As far as Mazour, how does anyone know what to expect. He didn't have enough carries to make an impact and the coaches must have a reason for that. So it is "trust Frost" but he better play Danny er Wyatt!

Last edited:

First, very unlikely it is Garden City problem. Systems are set up to flag teachers and admin if a grade is missing. The admin there know what is going with this kid as well.

Two people I would NOT depend on for getting the tough yards on a consistent basis over the entire year - Washington has a long ways to go to be a featured every down back for an entire season and exposing Adrian to more hits than necessary because we don't have a go-to back will ecentaulle catch up to him in the long season.

Yes, not having Mills here for winter conditioning and spring prep is big. You now have a team entering year two of this O and not having everyone ready could be a problem. Not to mention open him up for more injuries - see Washington.

As far as Mazour, how does anyone know what to expect. He didn't have enough carries to make an impact and the coaches must have a reason for that. So it is "trust Frost" but he better play Danny er Wyatt!
That’s a pretty negative take, but I’m not exactly saying you’re out of line.

Mo will gain weight. He came here at 170 soaking wet last minute. Of course that’ll get him hurt. And he showed toughness. Reference the crawl. AND he doesn’t need to be an every down in this offense.

2AM played through a cheap injury all season and was great. Had the BUFF-hole not twister his knee we’d all be even more impressed. He doesn’t take a lot of nasty hits either... key.

I think I’ve personally seen enough of the “over-achiever” to tell you all I’m happy with Wyatt when we need him. Love kids with all that heart! Love them. Heart is an amazing equalizer.

We don't need a 230 lb guy to run those types of plays. I'd trust Roy Helu or 195 lb Ameer Abdullah to run those types of plays ahead of Imani Cross. A small quick back can do just as well in short yardage situations as a big bruiser back.

Reactions: bcchurch00
If Mazour is our 2nd running back next year, I think we'd be just fine. He did a good job overall this year and did very well in short yardage situations.

Moses Bryant is still on the roster and I bet he could bulk back up and become an adequate short yardage back!!

Gee i wish wilbon was from trenton or mcccook...look more like a haybale and fit the narrative... except for color of course

That’s a pretty negative take, but I’m not exactly saying you’re out of line.

Mo will gain weight. He came here at 170 soaking wet last minute. Of course that’ll get him hurt. And he showed toughness. Reference the crawl. AND he doesn’t need to be an every down in this offense.

2AM played through a cheap injury all season and was great. Had the BUFF-hole not twister his knee we’d all be even more impressed. He doesn’t take a lot of nasty hits either... key.

I think I’ve personally seen enough of the “over-achiever” to tell you all I’m happy with Wyatt when we need him. Love kids with all that heart! Love them. Heart is an amazing equalizer.

You call it "negative" while I prefer to live in reality. Washington will need to carry more of the load next year, much more. Yes he can do it but he hasn't done it yet and it was clear he has incredible skills but was not prepared for the strength to make it through an entire season.

Why expose AM to more just to make up for the lack of production from another area? Some of his success was having a 1,000 yard receiver and RB available to make plays. He is a very special talent, there is no doubt, but let him do what he does and the O is designed to do, not more that he needs to do to make up for a lack somewhere else.

As for Wyatt, I have no clue as to what to expect. Apparently the coaches didn't put him in position to make consistent plays so we have a limited view with which to make a decision. The trendy speculation would be to think big for the local hero and it very well could come to be but you have to ask why he didn't flash more this year. Will he all if the sudden become a much better player or is it simply a matter of attretion? I would nothing more than to see him be the wild success many want, time will tell.

And, BTW, what does it matter how an injury occurred, it is simply that it did occurred and how do you react?

Ya never know. I am positive that you knew Ozigbo would be as good as he was. I hope we do.

I do know. So your argument is that because people didn't know 6'0" 235 pound DO was going to be that productive, we should count on 5' 9" 200 pound WM, who in his entire career at NU has had minimal playing time, to be an all-conference type player? I am guessing the over/under on the number of touches he gets a game is right around 2.

Ya never know. I am positive that you knew Ozigbo would be as good as he was. I hope we do.

I do know. So your argument is that because people didn't know 6'0" 235 pound DO was going to be that productive, we should count on 5' 9" 200 pound WM, who in his entire career at NU has had minimal playing time, to be an all-conference type player? I am guessing the over/under on the number of touches he gets a game is right around 2.
2 touches for 2 first downs a game - I’ll take it.Crawl back into your negativity hole. And Merry Christmas.

PS - I’ll trust the coaching staff.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

Whoa there fella! You aren't paying attention. This dude IS Danny Woodhead. He's so fast and strong and fearless. Check out the career stats, and choke on em!

Rushing & Receiving

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2015 Nebraska Big Ten FR RB 0 0 0
2017 Nebraska Big Ten SO RB 0 0 0
2018 Nebraska Big Ten JR RB 5 11 76 6.9 1 1 21 21.0 0 12 97 8.1 1

Career Nebraska 11 76 6.9 1 1 21 21.0 0 12 97 8.1 1

Reactions: UNCHUSKER
Whoa there fella! You aren't paying attention. This dude IS Danny Woodhead. He's so fast and strong and fearless. Check out the career stats, and choke on em!

Rushing & Receiving

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2015 Nebraska Big Ten FR RB 0 0 0
2017 Nebraska Big Ten SO RB 0 0 0
2018 Nebraska Big Ten JR RB 5 11 76 6.9 1 1 21 21.0 0 12 97 8.1 1

Career Nebraska 11 76 6.9 1 1 21 21.0 0 12 97 8.1 1
6.9 yards per rush. I'll take that any day.

2 touches for 2 first downs a game - I’ll take it.Crawl back into your negativity hole. And Merry Christmas.

My negativity hole? Are you friggin mental? I pretty sure Im being positive about him. Crawl back in your moms basement.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

He may never get another carry but if he does Im hoping he kicks ass. At the beginning of the season SF and staff didn't have too much confidence in Ozigbo.

My negativity hole? Are you friggin mental? I pretty sure Im being positive about him. Crawl back in your moms basement.
Follow along sweetheart - that message wasn’t for you, and it was replied to in a non butthurt manner by the person it was intended to.

And for what it’s worth, I bought a house for my mom, so I’ll go there whenever I want to!

Two people I would NOT depend on for getting the tough yards on a consistent basis over the entire year - Washington has a long ways to go to be a featured every down back for an entire season and exposing Adrian to more hits than necessary because we don't have a go-to back will eventually catch up to him in the long season.

Lots of pretty wild speculation given that Mills could show up on campus in January. Taking Mills I think is more about balancing the classes and roster than him being a difference maker versus taking a true freshman. From what I've read, he's not 225 anymore. He's been playing at about 205 this year. That's literally about the same weight as several of our other backs.

Roy Helu was 220 pounds and ran a 4.4 flat.
The point is he's not a power type of back like Imani Cross was and yet he did better in those short yardage situations than Cross did. Same with Ameer Abdullah, but I know for a fact he was smaller and considered "undersized". Good vision and quickness can help you in short yardage situations as much as size can. I'm just trying to refute that you need a power type back to run a short yardage play. I'm not going to deny that it can certainly help, but if you have a smaller running back with good vision and runs tough, a lot of times that's just as good as having a power back.

Reactions: timnsun
Lots of pretty wild speculation given that Mills could show up on campus in January. Taking Mills I think is more about balancing the classes and roster than him being a difference maker versus taking a true freshman. From what I've read, he's not 225 anymore. He's been playing at about 205 this year. That's literally about the same weight as several of our other backs.

Taking a kid with 2 to play, you expect him to a balance for classes? Right. He comes with a past of success, abeit some troubles as well, but make no mistake, he is not window dressing for a team whose best returning back is a 170 lb sophomore who didn't stand up well to the beating of the Big 10. He is there to compete and win the job, nothing less.

Taking a kid with 2 to play, you expect him to a balance for classes? Right. He comes with a past of success, abeit some troubles as well, but make no mistake, he is not window dressing for a team whose best returning back is a 170 lb sophomore who didn't stand up well to the beating of the Big 10. He is there to compete and win the job, nothing less.

I agree. Washington has potential but he's less Space Cowboy and more Taco Bell right now, the way he likes to "run for the border(sidelines)". We need someone that can hammer the middle. They don't have to be big...one of may favorites was that little back KSU had some years back...weighed about 185 and ran twixt the Tackles like a boss. Sproles?

Why expose AM to more just to make up for the lack of production from another area? Some of his success was having a 1,000 yard receiver and RB available to make plays. He is a very special talent, there is no doubt, but let him do what he does and the O is designed to do, not more that he needs to do to make up for a lack somewhere else.

This. We can’t depend on AM to make of for any potential lack of a true run threat out of the backfield. Ultimately I would like to see us use him much the way the Chiefs use Mahomes. Yes, call his number on occasion to keep the defense honest and call plays that will net 10 yards or so, but give him an “out” so that he’s not taking a bunch of hits. What should really make him a threat is not just his ability to run, but his ability to avoid pressure, extend plays, and get something done because of his elusiveness. If we use him in that manner, then he’ll have a better chance to avoid injury and still be a huge threat. That’s why Mills is a crucial get for this season. Need some added depth.

Also with AM, we can’t forget, he’s a pretty big guy. He’s bigger than some of our running backs and probably bigger than a few of the other feature backs around the conference, so I think he could be a guy who could give as much as he gets when it comes to hits.

This. We can’t depend on AM to make of for any potential lack of a true run threat out of the backfield. Ultimately I would like to see us use him much the way the Chiefs use Mahomes. Yes, call his number on occasion to keep the defense honest and call plays that will net 10 yards or so, but give him an “out” so that he’s not taking a bunch of hits. What should really make him a threat is not just his ability to run, but his ability to avoid pressure, extend plays, and get something done because of his elusiveness. If we use him in that manner, then he’ll have a better chance to avoid injury and still be a huge threat. That’s why Mills is a crucial get for this season. Need some added depth.

Also with AM, we can’t forget, he’s a pretty big guy. He’s bigger than some of our running backs and probably bigger than a few of the other feature backs around the conference, so I think he could be a guy who could give as much as he gets when it comes to hits.

blahblahblah no power IB

This sucks, if true.

Devastating.

As much as I loved Frost for flipping Wandale I thought this kid was in the bag.

Jesus Christ. Break out the Xmas bag.

I agree. Washington has potential but he's less Space Cowboy and more Taco Bell right now, the way he likes to "run for the border(sidelines)". We need someone that can hammer the middle. They don't have to be big...one of may favorites was that little back KSU had some years back...weighed about 185 and ran twixt the Tackles like a boss. Sproles?

We had a Washington who showed up late in the process and picked up a season of valuable experience. He was on the light side but he can now benefit from winter conditioning (the team can from a less watered down program as well) and the off season. I certainly wouldn’t expect him to stay at that weight. He’ll be our most experienced back so he’ll have some expectations to be met if he wants to be the featured guy. Molding his body would probably be the biggest of them.

blahblahblah no power IB

This sucks, if true.

Devastating.

As much as I loved Frost for flipping Wandale I thought this kid was in the bag.

Jesus Christ. Break out the Xmas bag.
Will it be Frost's fault if he doesn't come here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT