ADVERTISEMENT

Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats too bad it he doesnt make it to Lincoln. Amazed that kids can’t get their grades in order when they have such incredible opportunity in front of them.

Reactions: Hedley Lemar
Thats too bad it he doesnt make it to Lincoln. Amazed that kids can’t get their grades in order when they have such incredible opportunity in front of them.
Don’t always put it on the kids, the Nebraska admissions have stubbed their toes a fair amount in the past. Not sure it’s the case now though.

Not really

Missing spring wouldn't be ideal but not a huge deal, he is experienced and could probably learn the playbook in the fall. If he doesn't make it at all that is a big blow. We do not have a bruiser back at his level. He was a freshman All American and the best player on GT's team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Will Jaylin Bradley be a contributor. We need a between the tackles guy. Mills is supposed to fulfill that role. Not sure if Mo is going to be that kind of back

If it wasn't a big deal then Bland not being ready to sign in December wouldn't have been a big deal. You want potential starters to get as many reps as they can.
For a JUCO, I don't think not signing necessarily means he can't enroll for the spring semester. The issue is that IF there was any question about admission or transfer of credits they would be a fool to sign because it screws up their year of eligibility. A JUCO who qualifies can still enroll without signing a LOI. My GUESS is that he's had second thoughts and isn't ready to commit to NU. I think it was Mike Schaefer on 590 yesterday who said that the hang up does not appear to be academic.

For a JUCO, I don't think not signing necessarily means he can't enroll for the spring semester. The issue is that IF there was any question about admission or transfer of credits they would be a fool to sign because it screws up their year of eligibility. A JUCO who qualifies can still enroll without signing a LOI. My GUESS is that he's had second thoughts and isn't ready to commit to NU. I think it was Mike Schaefer on 590 yesterday who said that the hang up does not appear to be academic.

That’s unfortunate if he decides not to come to Lincoln..

On all positions this is the one with the least depth with Ronald Thompkins recovering from a torn ACL.

Hopefully Jaylin Bradley makes strides in the spring..

That’s unfortunate if he decides not to come to Lincoln..

On all positions this is the one with the least depth with Ronald Thompkins recovering from a torn ACL.

Hopefully Jaylin Bradley makes strides in the spring..
It appears we're after other similar skill set to MIlls high school RBs now. There are still some very good players out there. I'm kind of wondering if the issue that Mills had at Georgia Tech has surfaced again.

The JUCO signing window didn’t change when the early signing period was introduced. The juco window goes through mid January.

Missing spring wouldn't be ideal but not a huge deal, he is experienced and could probably learn the playbook in the fall. If he doesn't make it at all that is a big blow. We do not have a bruiser back at his level. He was a freshman All American and the best player on GT's team.
I tend to agree with this. You really want the guy here right away though because so much can happen between now and next September.

Reactions: samuel
If it wasn't a big deal then Bland not being ready to sign in December wouldn't have been a big deal. You want potential starters to get as many reps as they can.

I agree it sucks. But the role he will play I think we will be ok until he learns the system by conference play.

He won't get the majority of the touches anyway. With Washington and Adrian in the backfield.

I agree it sucks. But the role he will play I think we will be ok until he learns the system by conference play.

He won't get the majority of the touches anyway. With Washington and Adrian in the backfield.
Guys, let’s be real here. I like Mills, but he’s expendable.

We have Mo.
We have Wyatt - whom I really like.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.
We have a hybrid stud in WR.

This isn’t a position of need.

Get a LB or a CB.

Reactions: oldjar07

We have Mo.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.

Get a LB or a CB.
For the most part I agree. We don't need to have a bruiser type at running back. It would be nice to have one in certain situations, but in no way is it an absolute necessity like some people are making it out to be.

Reactions: bcchurch00

We have Mo.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.

Get a LB or a CB.
For the most part I agree. We don't need to have a bruiser type at running back. It would be nice to have one in certain situations, but in no way is it an absolute necessity like some people are making it out to be.
Wyatt is the guy who will likely get bruiser roll carries. Dude is 5’9” and about 205. Can’t see him, runs low, and is fearless. I’ll take it!

Reactions: dinglefritz

We have Mo.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.

Get a LB or a CB.
And I wouldn’t be surprised to see JB come back at 220-225 this year to fight for that roll if DM ends up not signing.

We have Mo.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.

Get a LB or a CB.

I don’t see anyone on this list for 3rd and short plays, goal line plays or run out the clock drives at the end of games. Guess those plays are not important. They only dictate entire games. Do people really think Wyatt is the guy for this? We won’t win jack if he is our guy.

We have Mo.
We have RJ.
We have RT.
We have JB.
We have a hybrid in MJ.

Get a LB or a CB.

I don’t see anyone on this list for 3rd and short plays, goal line plays or run out the clock drives at the end of games. Guess those plays are not important. They only dictate entire games. Do people really think Wyatt is the guy for this? We won’t win jack if he is our guy.

This offense doesn’t require that guy. It’s not 1995 and we don’t do FB’s anymore. And don’t forget there is a guy named Adrian who I’ll take on 3rd and short. Gonna have to get accustomed to fly sweeps, shotgun QB draws, and even WR screens on 3rd and short man!

Wyatt is the guy who will likely get bruiser roll carries. Dude is 5’9” and about 205. Can’t see him, runs low, and is fearless. I’ll take it!
Sarcasm?
Partly. To be honest.

I do look at the NFL and think there’s no need for the bruiser anymore when you have a multi-dimensional attack and a QB like 2AM.

Bottom line - I trust Frost.

Reactions: headcard
Id like to go back and see how many of these people that talk about Mazour not amounting to anything and see if they said the same thing about Ozigbo. I bet many many of them did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT