ADVERTISEMENT

Mills on culture

Or maybe he’s just a kid who wants a good recommendation from his coaches.

Or maybe he’s just a kid who wants a good recommendation from his coaches.
200.gif.cf.gif

Someone forgot to tell Dedrick about all the culture issues at Nebraska.

There was a great article a few months back about his time in Nebraska being truly life changing as he worked with a counselor to get his priorities and focus right.
He’s been a great success story here, other than when he was hindered by injuries.

Good luck to him.

What are talking about? I’m defending and agreeing with him. I’m talking about the general sentiment that there is a culture problem. Jeesh you guys on this board are sensitive.
Heck w the culture whatever. Get some real men in here. It's going to take patience and some recruiting their butts off, good coaching and some breaks.

He came from Sims at Garden City so watch last chance U and you will see that ain’t the best culture either. So im sure after Georgia tech kicked him off he was just happy to find a place that wanted him and helped him. Which Nebraska did and he is forever grateful. But I do see culture and discipline issues with Frost and you are lying to yourself if you don’t see it.

He came from Sims at Garden City so watch last chance U and you will see that ain’t the best culture either. So im sure after Georgia tech kicked him off he was just happy to find a place that wanted him and helped him. Which Nebraska did and he is forever grateful. But I do see culture and discipline issues with Frost and you are lying to yourself if you don’t see it.

Sims actually does a really good job. Makes the kids accountable and has produced a ton of good players (our own Lavonte David, Yoshi Hardrick, Brandon Kinney, Derrick Mills and Stanley Jean-Baptist, to name a few). He’s not like the clowns featured in Last Chance U.

Sims actually does a really good job. Makes the kids accountable and has produced a ton of good players (our own Lavonte David, Yoshi Hardrick, Brandon Kinney, Derrick Mills and Stanley Jean-Baptist, to name a few). He’s not like the clowns featured in Last Chance U.
You didn’t watch the episode where they played independence community college?. Sims was the biggest clown of them all and that’s saying a lot.

You didn’t watch the episode where they played independence community college?. Sims was the biggest clown of them all and that’s saying a lot.

I did. He runs a good program, going off a lot more than two minutes of a reality show.

Sims left juco ball after having a kid die during summer practice where an investigation found his leadership lacking. He landed at D2 Missouri Southern where he got fired in December in year 2 for reasons that haven’t been publicized yet, but his hiring drew a lot of heat and the University leadership changed after he was hired.

Sims left juco ball after having a kid die during summer practice where an investigation found his leadership lacking. He landed at D2 Missouri Southern where he got fired in December in year 2 for reasons that haven’t been publicized yet, but his hiring drew a lot of heat and the University leadership changed after he was hired.

True. He got fired at MSU because of the incident at Garden City. He didn’t even start year two. More came out and the New President at MSU wanted nothing to do with it. That was a sad deal, but what I said is true he ran a good program and produced a lot of good players. Watched a couple of them in the Bucs playoff game last weekend.

Last edited:
I did. He runs a good program, going off a lot more than two minutes of a reality show.
He runs a good program? He went 2-9 in 2019 and was fired because during one of his grueling practices a 19 year old died of heat stroke.

He runs a good program? He went 2-9 in 2019 and was fired because during one of his grueling practices a 19 year old died of heat stroke.

He has won a JUCO national championship and played for two more. Also you don’t exactly have your facts straight. A student athlete did die during one of his practices, which is sad. It didn’t happen in 2019, it happened when he was at GCCC, where he coached Mills and won a National Championship. He did go 2-9 his first year at MSU, but there is no doubt he would have turned that program around, like he did FSCC and GCCC, if they would have kept him.

He has won a JUCO national championship and played for two more. Also you don’t exactly have your facts straight. A student athlete did die during one of his practices, which is sad. It didn’t happen in 2019, it happened when he was at GCCC, where he coached Mills and won a National Championship. He did go 2-9 his first year at MSU, but there is no doubt he would have turned that program around, like he did FSCC and GCCC, if they would have kept him.
He has had success but you can’t say he runs a good program when a player dies and the report shows Sims was clearly at fault. Sorry. Can’t kill your players. Not even once.

My ex worked at an Olive Garden when I first met her. I ate a whole lot of breadsticks (with marinara!!!) waiting for her to finish her shifts.
Still know that entire damn Olive Garden soundtrack.

Nothing worse than Olive Garden. Flavorless. You must have really liked her, or the breadsticks. What was the soundtrack.

He has had success but you can’t say he runs a good program when a player dies and the report shows Sims was clearly at fault. Sorry. Can’t kill your players. Not even once.

Kill your players. What a f’ed up thing to say. You don’t think everyone has grueling practices? Didn’t we put a bunch of players in the ER with rhabdo? Didn’t Iowa do the same? Does Brian Kelley run good program? He had a manager die and it was a lot more negligent than a brutal practice. What happened at GCCC is terrible, but I’ve been to his practices before and he does a good job. Not sure what your vendetta is here.

Reactions: crbluejay and WHCSC
Kill your players. What a f’ed up thing to say. You don’t think everyone has grueling practices? Didn’t we put a bunch of players in the ER with rhabdo? Didn’t Iowa do the same? Does Brian Kelley run good program? He had a manager die and it was a lot more negligent than a brutal practice. What happened at GCCC is terrible, but I’ve been to his practices before and he does a good job. Not sure what your vendetta is here.
No vendetta but I saw how he acted in last chance U. He certainly is better than Jason brown. But the report said Sims had a “striking lack of leadership”. I think what Brian Kelley did to that manager is just as bad.
Sims denied his team water and when the player died he called it “an act of God”. Come on man.

My ex worked at an Olive Garden when I first met her. I ate a whole lot of breadsticks (with marinara!!!) waiting for her to finish her shifts.
Still know that entire damn Olive Garden soundtrack.
Damn I love Olive Garden Pasta IF the restaurant is well run and the bread sticks come out warm and buttery. I think it's because there's a really good franchise in a small city I used to visit fairly often and there's NO Italian food anywhere near where I live. I ate at one in Colorado a few years ago and it was terrible. So much for standardization of product from franchise chains.

Probably so, I just think it’s a bit silly to use Mills as some shining example that our program is sunshine and rainbows.
There's problems no doubt but I don't think it's as dire as SOME people on this board gauge it to be by Wandale leaving. Meh. They're kids. I remember all too well how foolish I was at that age. Mills is in fact a success story IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Great culture frost had huh? Drinking, showing up late, losing. You went all N on frost to all out pretty quickly even though we saw it for years.

The quote came from Mills himself, you do know that right?

But yes, I’ve supported every single coach at Nebraska, until it was apparent they had to go. But thanks for the continued obsession. Nothing creepy about this at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT