ADVERTISEMENT

Mills (not) on track

As opposed to raising the number of his credit hours, could he not just retake classes where he got poor grades in to raise his GPA that way?

dont raise the denominator, just raise the numerator.
yep, depending on the time cutoffs, if you find you're not going to get a decent grade in a class you could drop it or change it to a no credit/audit type status so it doesn't count.

Id bet he retaking classes to improve GPA and taking class for credit versus pass fail

Yeah. My question was more about retaking intro to underwater basket weaving to change your original grade of a d to a b. 3 points vs 1

Yeah. My question was more about retaking intro to underwater basket weaving to change your original grade of a d to a b. 3 points vs 1

when? he graduated and needs to be in camp in less than 3 weeks.

he's either done what he needs to or he's bagging groceries. up to him.

Example
2.3 GPA X 60 credits = 138 points
Add three classes of A, B and B to that (12, 9 and 9 points) = 168
168/69 credits = 2.43. A's in all three gets the GPA to a 2.52.
I don't exactly know what Mills' problem is in terms of academics. But if it is a GPA issue, my example shows how hard in can be to raise a GPA once its buried under a bunch of Cs.

Reactions: headcard
Example
2.3 GPA X 60 credits = 138 points
Add three classes of A, B and B to that (12, 9 and 9 points) = 168
168/69 credits = 2.43. A's in all three gets the GPA to a 2.52.
I don't exactly know what Mills' problem is in terms of academics. But if it is a GPA issue, my example shows how hard in can be to raise a GPA once its buried under a bunch of Cs.

fairly clear his problem is either a.) he's dumb or b.) he's lazy

fairly clear his problem is either a.) he's dumb or b.) he's lazy
The problem is that he maybe didn't apply himself as well as he should have at GT. GT is not a cream puff academic institution. That was fine until he wanted to transfer back to another D-1 school and the standard to be eligible became a 2.5 GPA. Once you've got a couple of years in the system and your GPA is established, it takes quite a few Bs or As to raise that GPA. From what I've seen, most CC or JUCO professors really want their students to succeed and with any luck that is the attitude his have had. I would be surprised if his profs haven't done everything they could legally do to help him reach his goal.

Reactions: Bold Words
The problem is that he maybe didn't apply himself as well as he should have at GT. GT is not a cream puff academic institution. That was fine until he wanted to transfer back to another D-1 school and the standard to be eligible became a 2.5 GPA. Once you've got a couple of years in the system and your GPA is established, it takes quite a few Bs or As to raise that GPA. From what I've seen, most CC or JUCO professors really want their students to succeed and with any luck that is the attitude his have had. I would be surprised if his profs haven't done everything they could legally do to help him reach his goal.

Like I said before, I'd be fairly shocked if he carried any credits with him to juco from GT. Hence the immediate transfer.

As for the professors, you can lead a horse to water.....

Like I said before, I'd be fairly shocked if he carried any credits with him to juco from GT. Hence the immediate transfer.

As for the professors, you can lead a horse to water.....
It sounds as if he's been applying himself this past semester. Profs appreciate people who show up and are making an effort to learn their material. If he's done those things, he'll probably be fine. If not.....well walk ons get ready.

What's the latest? Wasn't he supposed to get his grades today?
No word yet to my knowledge. I believe once upon a time he was planning to arrive in Lincoln this coming Monday. I also believe though that the team now has off next week before they begin the summer work outs. We'll see what happens but I'm sure the media will be all over it when something happens, either positive or negative.

No word yet to my knowledge. I believe once upon a time he was planning to arrive in Lincoln this coming Monday. I also believe though that the team now has off next week before they begin the summer work outs. We'll see what happens but I'm sure the media will be all over it when something happens, either positive or negative.

Thank you

History of American Jazz & History of Rock n Roll with Tom Larson. Guaranteed to boost you
Yeah as long as you go to class. Those were the only damn classes I had outside of labs that attendance was a large part of your grade and they gave you electronic clickers to monitor it. I don’t personally learn from lectures making them a complete waste of my time. I had asked a friends little sister to click me in and I though she was, but it turns out she wasn’t. My grade dropped from an A- to a C+. It was the only C I ever got all b/c Larson’s ego couldn’t take a half filled lecture hall.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
I hope he has been bringing 'apples' to school for his teachers, in the classes he needs to do well in.

Reactions: Cornicator
Certainly Garden City has golf, music, and AID's awareness classes Mills could to take to boost his GPA??

His problem is there are a few classes he needs to retake so he can replace a D with an A or B. He had graduated from GCCC in December. He spent this Spring retaking some classes that he bombed previously.

Your saying he has to get A A B just to get a 2.5 GPA? Wow!!
Yes, I heard he needs to get two A's and a B and that the classes he has to take are more difficult. People are trying to be positive and optimistic so when they say it's 50/50 on him getting qualified, I put the actual chances at 33%. And I hope he qualifies and people can criticize me for doubting him.

Can’t remember who but yesterday driving to the golf course on Nick Bahe’s show, they said everything was looking good and that we would know in a week or two.. Whether he was getting his information from Mills himself I don’t know for a fact..

His problem is there are a few classes he needs to retake so he can replace a D with an A or B. He had graduated from GCCC in December. He spent this Spring retaking some classes that he bombed previously.
Yes. My comment was a jab at the junk classes Ohio State setup for its dunce football players, because Top_Gun_ had referenced the quote by former Ohio State QB Cardale Jones.

As opposed to raising the number of his credit hours, could he not just retake classes where he got poor grades in to raise his GPA that way?

dont raise the denominator, just raise the numerator.

Sounds like this is exactly what he did.

The Georgia native took three courses this semester in order to replace previous grades to meet the 2.5 GPA required for junior college players to transfer into an FBS Division I program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT