ADVERTISEMENT

Mills (not) on track

giphy.gif

Good. He’ll be needed.

No offense to Mills, but I look forward to when the registrar says he is "on track " that would make it more official.
Shouldn't be very long now. He said he was planning to be in Lincoln by mid-May as one of the earliest recruits arriving for the summer so we'll see if that happens.

Reactions: scarletred
Does this help the situation? Winking

i6Q6XQq2_400x400.jpg

It's been in Mill's hands the entire time. The registrar will simply make it official. When that word is made public you will hear lots of complaining or cheering. I suppose he could still take a summer course.

According to the academic calendar at GCCC, finals begin Monday the 6th and the semester ends Thursday the 9th and final grades are due on Friday the 10th. So, it is still in his hands.

It's been in Mill's hands the entire time. The registrar will simply make it official. When that word is made public you will hear lots of complaining or cheering. I suppose he could still take a summer course.

According to the academic calendar at GCCC, finals begin Monday the 6th and the semester ends Thursday the 9th and final grades are due on Friday the 10th. So, it is still in his hands.

I understand how the system works...I am an educator. What happened to sarcasm in 2019? Winking

source.gif

This is a big week for our 2019 football season....

Reactions: Bold Words
Speaking of qualifying issues... Why do they still have Desmond Bland’s name on list of commits?

Will he be able to take summer classes to get his grades up or is he toast

Well, he doesn't know his current grades and GPA since the semester hasn't officially ended until Thursday. I am "guessing" the grades he said he needed "could" have been what he needed in either core areas or overall to get his GPA where it needed to be.

As per your question on summer courses, I think the short answer is yes he can. But, once you get up in credits, which I assume is around 64 for an AAS degree, it takes a lot more classes, i,e good grades, to raise a GPA overall.

Hope he makes it but I am not holding my proverbial breath.

Last edited:
Well, he doesn't know his current grades and GPA since the semester hasn't officially ended until Thursday. I am "guessing" the grades he said he needed "could" have been what he needed in either core areas or overall to get his GPA where it needed to be.

As per your question on summer courses, I think the short answer is yes he can. But, once you get up in credits, which I assume is around 64 for an AAS degree, it takes a look more classes, i,e good grades, to raise a GPA overall.

Hopes he makes it but I am not holding my proverbial breath.
Thanks for the information

Any credits that he transferred into junior college do not have a GPA attached to them, they are simply credits on his transcript that say "TR" instead of a grade. I only say this to say that a solid effort this semester could bump his overall GPA more quickly if he is averaging against 38 credit hours vs 60. Does anyone know how many credits he brought in from his freshman D1 school?

Any credits that he transferred into junior college do not have a GPA attached to them, they are simply credits on his transcript that say "TR" instead of a grade. I only say this to say that a solid effort this semester could bump his overall GPA more quickly if he is averaging against 38 credit hours vs 60. Does anyone know how many credits he brought in from his freshman D1 school?

considering it was Georgia Tech, a very difficult academic environment, and he transferred immediately, my guess would be right around zero.

The higher the credits, the harder the GPA is to move up.

"He's graduated from Garden City (Community College)," said Sims, who was the school's head coach in 2018. "Now he's there trying to get his GPA up. The issue isn't needing credits. The issue is GPA. You have to have a 2.5 to transfer to Division I. It's not like back in the day when you needed to just graduate.

"He's working to raise that GPA. The problem is, the more classes you take, the better grades you have to get."

As opposed to raising the number of his credit hours, could he not just retake classes where he got poor grades in to raise his GPA that way?

dont raise the denominator, just raise the numerator.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT