ADVERTISEMENT

Mills has to get 2 As and a B

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have seen this same scenario play out in both HS and college. Kids run right on the edge and leave no room for error. The fact he has been in college for all or parts of three years is telling. Its all in his lap now.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have seen this same scenario play out in both HS and college. Kids run right on the edge and leave no room for error. The fact he has been in college for all or parts of three years is telling. Its all in his lap now.
Not just kids. There's a healthy amount in the work world as well.

Sorry Fred is going back home to ISU

I wouldn't be surprised if he did go back there, either now or in the future. And I wouldn't blame him. But the ISU job needs to be open first. The only way that happens is if Prohm decides to leave and there's no indication that he's looking to do so, but a deep run in the tourney would open up his options considerably.

Husker fans should watch ISU in the Dance closely, starting tonight against tOSU. The earlier they lose, the better for NU.

If it is the difference between a student going to college or not, then teachers tend to be a little generous in their grading. At least as long as the student is working hard and trying to succeed. My brother's graduation from high school was pretty iffy, but he had already enlisted in the Marine Corps, and the teachers helped him out quite a lot to earn extra credit to pass his classes.

The law on educational records can be a bit tricky. FERPA is the law if you are bored. There is certain information called "directory information" that schools can release. What grades he needs to obtain to raise his GPA would generally not fall in that category.

So, we really should not and do not know if the information is accurate. He could have tweeted it or something which would then make it public. He can do that but schools should not. College offices would never do this, at least I would think not.

Reactions: headcard
I wouldn't be surprised if he did go back there, either now or in the future. And I wouldn't blame him. But the ISU job needs to be open first. The only way that happens is if Prohm decides to leave and there's no indication that he's looking to do so, but a deep run in the tourney would open up his options considerably.

Husker fans should watch ISU in the Dance closely, starting tonight against tOSU. The earlier they lose, the better for NU.

Ohio St isn’t that good Iowa St will win their first round game..

Confidential just means we can't call and ask for his grades. It doesn't mean nobody is allowed to repeat it if he tells somebody what they are.

For a while now it has sounded less-than-guaranteed that he'd qualify. Hence the reason you roll the dice on JUCOs but still take a few HS RBs in your class, just as they did.

Reactions: Bigred511
It might seem insurmountable, but the kid did qualify for Georgia Tech out of high school. He's clearly not your typical JUCO academic casualty.

From that perspective, achieving a couple A's and a B isn't completely out of the question.

However, that should be another troubling red flag. This kid passed his classes at Georgia Tech before he was kicked off the team for too many positive pot tests. He also had to take a redshirt due to injury his first at GCCC. That means he's had 6 full collegiate semesters to maintain a pretty menial GPA. When you add that to his other dumb off the field mistakes, you have to wonder if he's even worth it to Frost and company.

Yeah, I know what confidential means. Just wondering where this info came from. I remember Tom Penders leaking Luke Axtell’s grades to a local radio station. Didn’t end very well for him.

Yeah, I know what confidential means. Just wondering where this info came from. I remember Tom Penders leaking Luke Axtell’s grades to a local radio station. Didn’t end very well for him.
My guess would be that scholarship offers and signings become contingent upon him staying very open with his coaches about his grades. From there, it becomes a case of "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead."

It might seem insurmountable, but the kid did qualify for Georgia Tech out of high school. He's clearly not your typical JUCO academic casualty.

From that perspective, achieving a couple A's and a B isn't completely out of the question.

However, that should be another troubling red flag. This kid passed his classes at Georgia Tech before he was kicked off the team for too many positive pot tests. He also had to take a redshirt due to injury his first at GCCC. That means he's had 6 full collegiate semesters to maintain a pretty menial GPA. When you add that to his other dumb off the field mistakes, you have to wonder if he's even worth it to Frost and company.

Frost and Co clearly seem to think he is worth it or he wouldn't have been offered. Some stuff seems troubling, sure, but if he still has a scholarship offer, I'm sure its for good reason. If he ends up not making it, I'll be sad, but it is what it is at that point.

Confidential just means we can't call and ask for his grades. It doesn't mean nobody is allowed to repeat it if he tells somebody what they are.

You are correct but I would like to know who even came up with the information. It was not Mills I would almost guarantee it. Knowing how to calculate a GPA based on classes from two different schools is not usually something most students can do.

I took a Hepatitis test this morning.. Did decent. 2As a B and only one C.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
How about changing the title of the thread to "Recruits' Academic Progress?"

Wonder if they were B1G officials, if so that explains ALOT! RollingLaughRollingLaugh

I don’t think officials from either team’s conference can officiate the game, but then again a lot of officials officate more than just one conference...

I still think it's bad form discussing it in a public forum. How did information like that become public?

Some would say as "fans" we have a "right to know" because without us there would be no team.

I say very few of us could stand up the scrutiny of our job ever day, whether a coach, player or administrator.

I agree with you Du.

ADVERTISEMENT