ADVERTISEMENT

Mills and Heinrich

inWV

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
Who wants Mills back? I want a coup,e of the other kids to step up, but Dedrick is a kid who wants to win. This offense can compete if the running game is productive.
Heinrich was the leading tackler on the team last night. Second leading tackler last week. He and Reimer will anchor the middle for the next couple of years.

Who wants Mills back? I want a coup,e of the other kids to step up, but Dedrick is a kid who wants to win. This offense can compete if the running game is productive.
Heinrich was the leading tackler on the team last night. Second leading tackler last week. He and Reimer will anchor the middle for the next couple of years.
I’d love him back if we vow to use him more, and not run him half as much sideline to sideline.

I would like him back but if he has an NFL future he needs to transfer to a program that will highlight him.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I would like him back but if he has an NFL future he needs to transfer to a program that will highlight him.
he's fine at NU. He put enough on film last night to get the eye of NFL GMs. It's more about his 40 time afraid as far his NFL aspirations. With the devaluation of running backs in the NFL his best hope is likely to get signed as an UDFA. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: WHCSC and saluno22
I can't see him being drafted if Ozigbo was UDFA after 1,000 yard season. I'd love to see him come back and go for a breakout year.
exactly. UDFA, practice squad, special teams player maybe to start. It's all about getting lucky by staying healthy and then having the guys ahead of you on the depth chart leave in free agency or getting hurt.

Heinrich missed the 4th and 1 tackle for a TD, he did this against PSU too. He has room to improve.

Reactions: oldjar07
he's fine at NU. He put enough on film last night to get the eye of NFL GMs. It's more about his 40 time afraid as far his NFL aspirations. With the devaluation of running backs in the NFL his best hope is likely to get signed as an UDFA. RBs are a dime a dozen.
He has to make a practice squad and then crack the 3 deep. He could earn a living maybe, but his skill set isn't special. He's tough, but not very fast or elusive. Decent at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He has to make a practice squad and then crack the 3 deep. He could earn a living maybe, but his skill set isn't special. He's tough, but not very fast or elusive. Decent at catching the ball out of the backfield.
I don't think coming back would help him. I would love to have him back but IMO, Scott is a more naturally talented runner in a similar package. I wish him well and hope he can make a team if that's what he wants.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't think coming back would help him. I would love to have him back but IMO, Scott is a more naturally talented runner in a similar package. I wish him well and hope he can make a team if that's what he wants.
To add, he'll be 24 in another week-plus (DOB: Dec 27, 1996 per his Huskers.com profile).
So if he came back for another year, he'd be 25 before he took an NFL snap. Not a lot of time to make hay in the NFL, especially since, as you said, RBs are a dime a dozen. Even with a great season next year at Nebraska, teams would shy away from him for age reasons.

Reactions: dinglefritz
To add, he'll be 24 in another week-plus (DOB: Dec 27, 1996 per his Huskers.com profile).
So if he came back for another year, he'd be 25 before he took an NFL snap. Not a lot of time to make hay in the NFL, especially since, as you said, RBs are a dime a dozen. Even with a great season next year at Nebraska, teams would shy away from him for age reasons.
Yep. Now or never for him. He's cleaned up the issues he had at G tech and has put some good things on video. The only reason he would come back is if he didn't think he could make a team and he wanted to try to get a graduate degree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT