ADVERTISEMENT

Mikey Pauley ranked higher than Richard Torres

I have no dog in this fight, but I would think that comparing the offensive lines with these QB’s is the reason why the stats are what they are…

2AM had a horrible offensive like in 2019 and 2018 was barely better.. Half the time he has to run because of the break downs in the line not to mention he was thinking way too much trying to find a receiver….

Let it be known Frazier and Berringer were never sacked during their careers at Nebraska, think about that for a second or two…
The oline with 2 future pros on it? Heck if you listen to some, there were 4 or 5 future pros on it last year and it was the same thing as the previous two years.

Half the runs Martinez has had are not a result of pass plays that went bad, if that was the case, teach or tell him to throw the ball away and live to fight another down. But the truth is Frost utilizes him in the run game and he has been injured every year because of that. Martinez struggles to throw guys open. He only throws to a guy if he sees he is open. The fact that the staff doesn't have someone better at running the offense is a coaching issue.

The fact that Frazier and Berringer were never sacked has nothing to do with the number of carries that Adrian Martinez has per game. Tommie Frazier had times where he was tackled behind the line on runs, again the offense was different, there weren't the number of RPOs and the roll outs. Tommie Frazier was a 49% passer who hit big plays in the passing game, mostly from the pocket, because teams loaded the box to stop the run. Imagine if he could have hit on 55% or 60% of his career passes, he probably wins the Heisman a couple of times.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Frazier ran the ball 342 times in 4 years and 35 games or 9.7 times per game
Berringer ran the ball 105 times in 4 years and 36 games. about 2.9 times per game.
Adrian Martinez has ran the ball 375 times in 3 years, 27 games or 13.88 times per game or about 1 carry more per game than Frazier and Berringer combined.

Since you asked
That's wild because to think of this offense you wouldn't be like, "Oh it's an option offense, lots of QB run game, lots of QB hits."

Shows you how well Osborne actually curated his assets and mixed up play calls, shared the ball.

Vicious cycle, Martinez is running that much because they don't trust anyone else and they can't produce in the passing game. Martinez keeps getting hurt which hampers the passing game, makes NU one-dimensional, makes it difficult to establish anyone else as a weapon. Round and round she goes.

My memory of Crouch is that he WAS the offense, but that 2000 Fiesta Bowl against Tennessee he didn't have much of a game. Down the stretch it was Willie Miller and Buckhalter that were killing the Vols with change of pace. Fun watch, it's a true NU game where all of a sudden late in the 3rd the opposing defense is just done and the run game starts chunking them.

Reactions: countrybob
The oline with 2 future pros on it? Heck if you listen to some, there were 4 or 5 future pros on it last year and it was the same thing as the previous two years.

Half the runs Martinez has had are not a result of pass plays that went bad, if that was the case, teach or tell him to throw the ball away and live to fight another down. But the truth is Frost utilizes him in the run game and he has been injured every year because of that. Martinez struggles to throw guys open. He only throws to a guy if he sees he is open. The fact that the staff doesn't have someone better at running the offense is a coaching issue.

The fact that Frazier and Berringer were never sacked has nothing to do with the number of carries that Adrian Martinez has per game. Tommie Frazier had times where he was tackled behind the line on runs, again the offense was different, there weren't the number of RPOs and the roll outs. Tommie Frazier was a 49% passer who hit big plays in the passing game, mostly from the pocket, because teams loaded the box to stop the run. Imagine if he could have hit on 55% or 60% of his career passes, he probably wins the Heisman a couple of times.
Last year there wasn’t enough dependable receivers and that’s a fact.. Let’s see what happens this year with Toure, Manning, Betts and Brown in their second year and adding Nixon and Neville…

Fact remains the 94 and 95 offensive limes were night and day better than the 2018 and 2019 offensive lines …Gates are Farniok wouldn’t sniff the 2 deep in 94 and 95..

Last year there wasn’t enough dependable receivers and that’s a fact.. Let’s see what happens this year with Toure, Manning, Betts and Brown in their second year and adding Nixon and Neville…

Fact remains the 94 and 95 offensive limes were night and day better than the 2018 and 2019 offensive lines …Gates are Farniok wouldn’t sniff the 2 deep in 94 and 95..
Manning and Betts were there last year, along with Wandale. But for some reason Manning and Betts weren’t difference makers last year.
I don’t care about 94 and 95. They were multiple year starters at Nebraska, on pro rosters, at least for now. They were starters in all of the years Frost has been here. Yet excuses about the OLine continue.
What else you got?

Manning and Betts were there last year, along with Wandale. But for some reason Manning and Betts weren’t difference makers last year.
I don’t care about 94 and 95. They were multiple year starters at Nebraska, on pro rosters, at least for now. They were starters in all of the years Frost has been here. Yet excuses about the OLine continue.
What else you got?
Manning didn’t contribute like HE will this year.. Try again..

What else you got?

What starters have been here all 4 years that started for SF?
U changing the narrative about Martinez/ Frazier and Brook are you…

What starters have been here all 4 years that started for SF?
U changing the narrative about Martinez/ Frazier and Brook are you…
I am not changing the narrative. Martinez runs the ball too much. That is my narrative. Frazier and Berringer combined for 4 years averaged less runs per game than Martinez averaged in 3. Martinez, if healthy, will have more total carries than Frazier and Berringer combined by week 6 of his 4th year. If you were to ask the average fan, who has more carries Frazier or Adrian Martinez, 99% would say Frazier because the perception is that Osborne ran the QBs often. This is evidenced by Dingle asking me how many carries those guys had back then. He thought they ran more than Martinez too, or else why ask that question?

first of all Frost has only been here 3 years. Jaimes and Farniok were starters since Frost was here, Jurgens has been a starter 2 of those years. And Benhart last year. So there are 4 guys playing on the OLine last year that many expect to be pros. Yet some still say the OLine was to blame. 3/5 of the line last year were multi year starters. This year the line will be less experienced but somehow is going to be stronger. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
I can see you haven’t yet grown tired of making excuses for 3 straight losing seasons for Frost, so by all means continue to make them. I will continue to question why we are still losing more games than we win and losing to teams that we have no reason to lose to.

You not being able to keep up isn’t me changing the narrative, it is you trying to remember what your excuse is for people not contributing as they should be.

bye

I am not changing the narrative. Martinez runs the ball too much. That is my narrative. Frazier and Berringer combined for 4 years averaged less runs per game than Martinez averaged in 3. Martinez, if healthy, will have more total carries than Frazier and Berringer combined by week 6 of his 4th year. If you were to ask the average fan, who has more carries Frazier or Adrian Martinez, 99% would say Frazier because the perception is that Osborne ran the QBs often. Those is evidenced by Dingle asking me how many carries those guys had back the. He thought they ran more than Martinez too, or else why ask that question

first of all Frost has only been here 3 years. Jaimes and Farniok were starters since Frost was here, Jurgens has been a starter 2 of those years. And Benhart last year. So there are 4 guys playing on the OLine last year that many expect to be pros. Yet some still say the OLine was to blame. 3/5 of the line last year were multi year starters. This year the line will be less experienced but somehow is going to be stronger. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
I can see you haven’t yet grown tired of making excuses for 3 straight losing seasons for Frost, so by all means continue to make them. I will continue to question why we are still losing more games than we win and losing to teams that we have no reason to lose to.

bye
You won’t admit better offensive lines to your argument and go ahead and run way you’re the one that made the comment about 4 or 5 future pro’s( when there is only two) and who are the some? 😂

Face it we both like to argue and you enjoy starting arguments..Winking

Have no excuses because he hasn’t learned how important special teams are..

You won’t admit better offensive lines to your argument and go ahead and run way you’re the one that made the comment about 4 or 5 future pro’s( when there is only two) and who are the some? 😂

Face it we both like to argue and you enjoy starting arguments..Winking

Have no excuses because he hasn’t learned how important special teams are..
Omg there are people on this forum who say that Jurgens and Benhart are future pros. Combined with Farniok and Jaimes that is 4, the 5th was Corcoran.

Omg there are people on this forum who say that Jurgens and Benhart are future pros. Combined with Farniok and Jaimes that is 4, the 5th was Corcoran.
They may very well be but not as Freshman…DUH.

Last game of the season was the youngest starting lineup in school history…

Reactions: dinglefritz
I agree, but for the last 7(maybe longer lol) years I've been watching our 4*'s get their asses kicked by the rest of the B1G West. 4*'s are really cool man, I'm just not going to freak out when we land a 3* QB in June after a world pandemic where player evaluations were at an all time low.

And you're essentially proving my point haha. As long as there is 4*'s next to the guys name, you're happy.
And getting beat by 2* QBs in the B10.

Meanwhile, back to these two HS QB's, did I read the Pauley threw for 31 TD's and 27 INT's? I swear I read that. Didn't I?

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT