ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Tyson on daughter's hoverboard

newAD

Head Coach
Oct 14, 2007
Omaha
RollingLaugh

tyson1.gif

My uncle and cousin each got one for Christmas and I got to try their hoverboards (or smart scooters, motion scooter, handless Segways, etc) out on Christmas day...

They are so much fun to ride and it only takes a few minutes to figure out how to stay balanced on them and ride them around. My 7 year old daughters loved riding them and were riding like pros after only a minute or two... now are begging for one for their upcoming birthday... not a chance though! Too pricey.

Too many issues with them breaking and starting fires right now though. Might wait a year or two before getting myself one. Not too practical, but just fun to ride.

I know somebody who got their kid one of those things, and they make him wear go-kart racing pants that are flame retardant when he rides it. Pretty good idea if you ask me, another good idea is to leave it on the shelf at the store to begin with and get the kid a real board or maybe even a freaking bike. Like we needed another invention to make kids even less active!

Now get off my lawn!!!

They are a great time, but dangerous. My mom cracked her ribs on one over Christmas. The whole family had a great time racing them all over the house though. Even more difficult with a bit of booze in your system.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Considering several have died after hitting their head when falling, I'd sure as hell make sure your kid has a helmet on when riding one.

It is rare, but people even get killed on roller blades, skateboards, scooters and bicycles by hitting their heads when they fall. Sad way to go, but it happens.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Falling off a hoverboard ain't no joke. (*Note* this is not me or anyone I know. This is a Texas resident who should of worn a helmet while trying out a hoverboard. Photos posted on imgur yesterday.)
3k1qntJ.jpg

y4Gn7Ej.jpg

gS385DN.jpg

l7BvQJt.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT