ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Trout just got paid!!

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
12 years for $433 million!!!

I guess they figure they couldn't miss the playoffs without him, so they had to keep him?

No opt out. Can’t believe he is going to play the rest of his career there.

12 years for $433 million!!!

I guess they figure they couldn't miss the playoffs without him, so they had to keep him?
Angels saw a 35% increase in revenue since Trout joined them. People forget the point of a professional team is not to win, but to make money. The question is...how long can they pretend to be trying while they take their fans money.

Reactions: saluno22
Nobody and I mean Nobody is worth that much money playing sports!

Somebody has to make the money. What? Should the owners get the money? The hot dog vendor? Baseball is the only sport with even a shred of free market involved, the other sports collude to keep employee pay capped in the name of competition. Baseball has a luxury tax and revenue sharing but at least teams are encouraged to spend on players what they feel they deserve. People would freak if there was a salary cap on executives, doctors, lawyers...lebron James made 1 billion a year for the city of cleveland. He wasn't even the top paid player in the league most of his time there.

Angels saw a 35% increase in revenue since Trout joined them. People forget the point of a professional team is not to win, but to make money. The question is...how long can they pretend to be trying while they take their fans money.
How long did it take The Chicago Cubs? 100 years ...

ADVERTISEMENT