ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Riley ... the good, the bad and the ugly?

635643762071799069-AP-NEBRASKA-SPRING-FOOTBALL-72255092.JPG
The Good, at 5-6 - the team appears to be working together and has pulled off solid wins @ Minnesota, vs. MSU and @ Rutgers.

Like with many teams I have noticed, they play better on road than at home? Consider this a comparison between Nebraska and Iowa ...

the bad, the 3-6 start, you have to go back to 1958, the last time Nebraska opened so off the mark. Thankfully, it wasn't the 1957 start for the Huskers :)

the ugly ... the future of the Blackshirts?

Mike Riley has a NFL background, like Iowa's Kirk Ferentz. It will be interesting to see how things move forward over the next couple of years. Of course, the Blackshirts under Bo Pelini were far more ugly, then losing six games by 23 points. Talk about hot or cold, during the seven year itch with Pelini at the helm. But, I am not sold on what the defense will consistently be year to year under Mike Riley. However, looking at Iowa, consistency in all phases of the game may serve each program better.

peace

Iowa is 2-4,since Kirk Ferentz arrived for the first time in Iowa City. Iowa lost the two previous years, without Ferentz to be 2-6 in the modern era. Since 2011, the average score in Lincoln: Iowa 23, Nebraska 19. This series is getting closer and close to becoming a rivalry ...

HGhyveeblack.jpg

Iowa is 2-4,since Kirk Ferentz arrived for the first time in Iowa City. Iowa lost the two previous years, without Ferentz to be 2-6 in the modern era. Since 2011, the average score in Lincoln: Iowa 23, Nebraska 19. This series is getting closer and close to becoming a rivalry ...
I think Iowa is just 1-5 in the Ferentz era. Scores are definitely closing the gap, but Iowa really needs this one to move in the right direction to becoming a rivalry.

I think Iowa is just 1-5 in the Ferentz era. Scores are definitely closing the gap, but Iowa really needs this one to move in the right direction to becoming a rivalry.

For what ever reason he is including the 10-7 upset win in 1981 when KF was an Asst Coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT