ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach to Mississippi State

I actually get the move for MSU. Leech has won in places tough to win and has won with inferior talent. I don’t get the move for Leech. Why in the world does he want this job?

More resources, better climate?

Eventually, he's gonna flame out but God Bless The Pirate it's been a great ride...

GBR

Miss St was ranked #1 just a few years ago with Dak at QB. They get players. I think he’ll do fairly well.

Remember when Texas A&M and Missouri left the Big 12 to join the SEC?

Missouri won their division and only lost 1 conference game in their second and third years in the SEC.
Other than 2007 and 2010, Missouri was a bottom feeder in the Big 12.

Texas A&M only lost 2 conference games their first year.
Tying their best conference record since 1998.

All you'd hear about is how incredible the SEC is and how elite they are above the other conferences.
Then here are these average Big 12 teams coming in and winning their division or at least posing respectable records for the first few years.

Everybody is saying he won't have success there.. I feel like the change up in playing style may shake things up a bit.
Who knows.

Reactions: HuskerDubby
Remember when Texas A&M and Missouri left the Big 12 to join the SEC?

Missouri won their division and only lost 1 conference game in their second and third years in the SEC.
Other than 2007 and 2010, Missouri was a bottom feeder in the Big 12.

Texas A&M only lost 2 conference games their first year.
Tying their best conference record since 1998.

All you'd hear about is how incredible the SEC is and how elite they are above the other conferences.
Then here are these average Big 12 teams coming in and winning their division or at least posing respectable records for the first few years.

Everybody is saying he won't have success there.. I feel like the change up in playing style may shake things up a bit.
Who knows.

His system has already been run in the SEC.

Kiffin and Leach now both in the SEC West

I am going to miss the Pirate. I skied yesterday with 3 Cougar alumni. The consensus among these three was they enjoyed having him, but are ready to see him go. I talked to another Coug friend who even goes on road trips to watch them play. He agreed with the three I was skiing with. Leach won games and he also lost games in a weird manner. See this year's UCLA game where QB Alex Gordon set a single game passing record, passed for 6 or 7 TDs, had a 20-30 point lead and LOST! Hope for them they get a decent coach. These guys would like to see Montana native and former Eastern Washington quarterback Jim McElwain.

I am going to miss the Pirate. I skied yesterday with 3 Cougar alumni. The consensus among these three was they enjoyed having him, but are ready to see him go. I talked to another Coug friend who even goes on road trips to watch them play. He agreed with the three I was skiing with. Leach won games and he also lost games in a weird manner. See this year's UCLA game where QB Alex Gordon set a single game passing record, passed for 6 or 7 TDs, had a 20-30 point lead and LOST! Hope for them they get a decent coach. These guys would like to see Montana native and former Eastern Washington quarterback Jim McElwain.
Well, someone should pull up is thread in Jan 2025 and see who had the better record for the last 5 years MSU or WSU.

Well, someone should pull up is thread in Jan 2025 and see who had the better record for the last 5 years MSU or WSU.

Undoubtedly it will be MSU. Leach can win but at both Texas Tech and WSU he had some strange losses. Who can forget after a loss in Lubbock, Leach said the reason for the loss was because his players were listening too much to their “Fat Girlfriends”? Then two or three years ago in Tempe he refused to put Qb Luke Falk back in the second half after Leach had pulled him in the first half for poor play. The Cougs were losing in the second half and it was clear to every Cougar in the country the 2nd second string Qb was not very effective either. The Cougs still had a chance to win and Falk was practically begging to get in. Leach wouldn’t even look at him. Falk was only leading the nation in passing. (Watch Mike when he coaches. In this era of giant laminated sheets containing dozens of plays, Mike uses a pencil and what appears to be about an Itty bitty 2.5” x 4” pad of paper. I’d love to see what he writes on that small piece of paper).

Undoubtedly it will be MSU. Leach can win but at both Texas Tech and WSU he had some strange losses. Who can forget after a loss in Lubbock, Leach said the reason for the loss was because his players were listening too much to their “Fat Girlfriends”? Then two or three years ago in Tempe he refused to put Qb Luke Falk back in the second half after Leach had pulled him in the first half for poor play. The Cougs were losing in the second half and it was clear to every Cougar in the country the 2nd second string Qb was not very effective either. The Cougs still had a chance to win and Falk was practically begging to get in. Leach wouldn’t even look at him. Falk was only leading the nation in passing. (Watch Mike when he coaches. In this era of giant laminated sheets containing dozens of plays, Mike uses a pencil and what appears to be about an Itty bitty 2.5” x 4” pad of paper. I’d love to see what he writes on that small piece of paper).
In other words, he's nuts.

Mike Leach to the $EC is kinda like this nation sending Donald Trump to the White House. He's a welcome addition and hope he shakes up the conference for the betterment of college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT