ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach to Mississippi State

He's gonna be about .500 at that school. Let's not get too excited unless you're his investment advisor.

Pullman is in shock. I love it. Especially since he was never able to beat UDub!

Meanwhile they are forecasting a winter storm here - 6 to 8 inches. MSU is much warmer and closer to the FLA keys.

Since Idaho's worthless Petrino already lives in Pullman maybe he'd consider taking the head coug job. Winking

Homerun for them. Dont think for a second that he wont be able to get some studs down there on the offensive side of the ball. The big question will be if he can field a defense there.

Holy freaking crap that's a sweet hire for them. Wow. Is it possible they had this dun in the back room before they let the other guy go?? Because if so, now I get why they did that..

Reactions: TheNewNU
Many, not all, are happy to see him leave Pullman. He had worn out his welcome with many of the fans.
Considering what Washington St was before he got there, they should be building the guy a statue. However his whole career has been pretty well that 7-9 win range, with a few 10 11 win season. I do think getting in the hot bed recruiting area of the SEC will serve him well. Although I think that 7-9 win range will still be his max most years.

Wazzu AD just finished press conference. Timing certainly sucks as athletes are still on winter break and not on campus - AD assumes they found out via social media ("we know young people are attached to their phones.") and AD sent out group message to team.

Holy freaking crap that's a sweet hire for them. Wow. Is it possible they had this dun in the back room before they let the other guy go?? Because if so, now I get why they did that..

doesn’t feel like that’s the case. Reports down here is MSU tried to get Napier from Louisiana-Lafayette to come to the table on 3 separate occasions.

good hire for MSU anyways.

If you thought this years Egg Bowl was crazy due to a player basically losing the game because he mimicked a dog peeing, just wait for Kiffen vs Leach.

Reactions: TheNewNU
He better do better at MSU than he did in his tenure at WSU or he won’t last4 years.

I really can't believe he will do that well. He'll be surrounded by schools that will out recruit him. He's not going to be going up against B12/P12 defenses any longer. He'll be lucky to get to 7 wins.

I really can't believe he will do that well. He'll be surrounded by schools that will out recruit him. He's not going to be going up against B12/P12 defenses any longer. He'll be lucky to get to 7 wins.

I really thought he would kill it in the PAC 12 but only had a couple of good seasons. If you can’t run in the SEC you won’t win.

Reactions: bshirt73
I actually get the move for MSU. Leech has won in places tough to win and has won with inferior talent. I don’t get the move for Leech. Why in the world does he want this job?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT