ADVERTISEMENT

Mike DeWine

Sodakred

Sophomore
Jul 31, 2018
Chandler, AZ
The Governor of Ohio has been a star at a time we need one. In sports we like to describe stars who have the “it” factor. He has “it.” Google and read what he has been up to the past few weeks. (BTW he is a Republican, as if that matters one bit.)

Last edited:
If not allowing people to vote (we vote by mail in Florida) is good then Governor DeWine should move to North Korea.

Living in Columbus, DeWine did the right thing. The primary has tentatively been rescheduled to June 2 pending approval by the Ohio House and Senate. FYI, many of the poll workers cancelled working in the days leading up to the primary for fear of the COVID-19 virus.

DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton, the state health director, also cancelled the Arnold Classic which is a 3 day sports fitness event hosted by Arnold Schwarzenegger in early March. It draws 200-250K to Columbus every year.

The governor, health officials and civic leaders took action early and were decisive in handling the pandemic.

The Governor of Ohio has been a star at a time we need one. In sports we like to describe stars who have the “it” factor. He has “it.” Google and read what he has been up to the past few weeks. (BTW he is a Republican, as if that matters one bit.)

It will be a race between DeWine and Gavin Newsom to see who will be the first one to implement marshall law in their state.

Cuomo has at least taken ownership of the problem and shows some leadership. It reminds me of a typical Texas response to a flood or hurricane. Yes, we could use federal help, but we are not just sitting around waiting for FMEA to show up. People are being rescued, fed, housed, cleanup is underway. Di Blasio's response is like Puerto Rico: we can't do anything and FEMA is failing us as they let warehouses of supplies sit unused.

If not allowing people to vote (we vote by mail in Florida) is good then Governor DeWine should move to North Korea.
We can certainly debate his policies and frankly he is more conservative than I am. I was mostly referring to his style. He has shown how a chief executive can be decisive, avoid petty personal BS and keep his cool under immense pressure. I have also been impressed with our own Arizona Governor Ducey for the same reasons. Before someone points out both are Republicans, I will mention I am an Independent because I don’t care for the extreme views of wingers — left or right. But leadership during this difficult time shouldn’t be a function of petty politics and both men score highly.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Cuomo is doing a pretty good job. Been giving decent press conferences. Nice to see some people trying to do what needs to be done and leave politics at the door. Wish the press could.

Is this bad? Yes because we've never seen this before. We will get through it. I wish there would be more "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

ADVERTISEMENT