ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey's wife deactivated her Twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there was a third person involved in the incident then you have a witness as well which is something lacking in many of these cases

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Well if what is coming out is true. He deserves it. It amazes me we can say the victim can just move on. But call his actions a sad situation.
No doubt it will affect them all negatively. As a person who grew up in a house with an abusive mom who tore in to my dad on multiple occasions this hits a little to close to home.

Well if what is coming out is true. He deserves it. It amazes me we can say the victim can just move on. But call his actions a sad situation.
There in most cases is a pretty good support system for women who have been victims of domestic violence. My church helps provide extra financial support for one. She’ll have help no doubt from friends and family

MJ on the other hand after what might have been an isolated drunken fit of rage will be an outcast from society with greatly diminished capacity TO PROVIDE FOR HIS KIDS. If you don’t think from a human side of things that that is sad there’s no help for you

There in most cases is a pretty good support system for women who have been victims of domestic violence. My church helps provide extra financial support for one. She’ll have help no doubt from friends and family

MJ on the other hand after what might have been an isolated drunken fit of rage will be an outcast from society with greatly diminished capacity TO PROVIDE FOR HIS KIDS. If you don’t think from a human side of things that that is sad there’s no help for you
too often stay at home spouses (who are at home for the betterment of the kids) and the kids are forced to put up with primary wage earners who are pieces of sh#t because they are essentially financial hostages

too often stay at home spouses (who are at home for the betterment of the kids) and the kids are forced to put up with primary wage earners who are pieces of sh#t because they are essentially financial hostages
I saw the other side of that coin where the dad stuck it out for over 20 years with his crazy wife because he didn’t want to lose his house and kids.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Trev should not have referred to him as "Coach Joseph" in that statement
Why not? It seems appropriate to me. "Mickey" is too informal in this situation, "Mr. Joseph" is too formal, "Coach" is a title that he is known by. He's not the NU coach, but he's still a Coach.

Reactions: WHCSC
I saw the other side of that coin where the dad stuck it out for over 20 years with his crazy wife because he didn’t want to lose his house and kids.
Also, I believe there was a Buckcherry song that also alludes to other reasons. 🤣

Nobody knows anything other than what we've seen and heard from the team and coaches and that is Mickey is a gentleman of great character and a father figure for many. I've also heard rumors about his wife. I know not whether they are true and I wasn't there to see any of it. Nobody should take sides. Hoping he is cleared or at least gets the help he needs.

Why not? It seems appropriate to me. "Mickey" is too informal in this situation, "Mr. Joseph" is too formal, "Coach" is a title that he is known by. He's not the NU coach, but he's still a Coach.
Mr Joseph is how you refer to one of your employees who just landed himself in jail for beating his wife. The same way the criminal justice system refers to him

From an AD and university perspective he currently isn’t entitled to be referred to as coach

Mr Joseph is how you refer to one of your employees who just landed himself in jail for beating his wife. The same way the criminal justice system refers to him

From an AD and university perspective he currently isn’t entitled to be referred to as coach
But he is still on the payroll as a coach, correct?

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
I’m old enough to remember when the posters spreading the most stupid rumors in this thread, were the same ones to scream at anyone for sharing actual accurate info. The old “where’s the link” bs, right before they report their dozens of posts weekly.

I am going to stand by statement. Never an excuse to have your hands around someone’s throat.

I have actually been in a situation with a bat sh## crazy woman like you mention. I grabbed and held her wrists so she couldn’t continue to pummel me. Effective. You know what I didn’t do? I didn’t grab her by the throat. Or punch her.
Until she kneed you in the nuts….

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Made TMZ…

Nebraska’s irrelevant my ass.

looks-interna-001.jpg

Seems rather unusual for the Police to elaborate but apparently the Lincoln Police confirmed that the incident was the result of an argument over infidelity by the wife. Doesn't justify violence of course but whether the accusation of infidelity was true or not that seems to be the triggering event.

Seems rather unusual for the Police to elaborate but apparently the Lincoln Police confirmed that the incident was the result of an argument over infidelity by the wife. Doesn't justify violence of course but whether the accusation of infidelity was true or not that seems to be the triggering event.
I told my wife many years ago” if you feel like you need to have an affair you best divorce me before you do it. I’m not sure what I would do if I found out”. Not all of us can behave rationally when faced with that kind of betrayal.

Since I'm passing out tips on how to avoid confrontations with my wife...

In 47 years I've never pushed, shoved, slapped, hit or anything inappropriate with my wife, cause, we all know its wrong and guys go to jail for that shit.

However...the bedroom offers me a release. I use discretion.

Where else can I spank her ass, squeeze her tits, bite her lip and pull her hair, and its all perfectly legal? I beat the system. LOL
Lucky you!!

I told my wife many years ago” if you feel like you need to have an affair you best divorce me before you do it. I’m not sure what I would do if I found out”. Not all of us can behave rationally when faced with that kind of betrayal.
My wife would never cheat on me ...I am not sure she really likes any men - me included.

First off, you should never strike or otherwise touch aggressively either a woman or a child unless you need to do so to protect someone from a physical attack. Having that restraint can be very, very tough when under stress, but it is a skill men must learn and be prepared to utilize all our lives. We need to teach our boys that as well so they grow into strong, ethical men.
Second, everyone buckles under stress and there can be no doubt Mickey has been under a lot of stress. He didn't even know where he would be working next year after just putting his heart and soul into keeping a team together that looked as though it would go 1-11.
Getting back to the first item, I feel like there were probably things going on a while and no one here can know what happens behind closed doors, but if it is what we assume he might just have broken down.
Finally, infidelity just isn't that unusual and as a species we aren't programmed to be monogamous. I'm not saying it's ok, but a lot of the morally superior people in the world will end up doing stupid things if the situation presents itself enough times. I've seen it enough times to know it's just how human beings really are. Most of the time people come back together and in some cases the couple seem ok with it and are relaxed about it.
I know a guy that was in Iraq in 2003 and his wife was openly banging guys on the base to the point that they were fighting over her. When he got home they got right back to married life and are still together. From what I've heard this is pretty typical with enlisted men and their wives and the guys overseas have a license from their wives to get some side action as well. Whatever. I guess the bottom line is we put too much personal importance into something that for many couples is just a momentary activity for enjoyment.

First off, you should never strike or otherwise touch aggressively either a woman or a child unless you need to do so to protect someone from a physical attack. Having that restraint can be very, very tough when under stress, but it is a skill men must learn and be prepared to utilize all our lives. We need to teach our boys that as well so they grow into strong, ethical men.
Second, everyone buckles under stress and there can be no doubt Mickey has been under a lot of stress. He didn't even know where he would be working next year after just putting his heart and soul into keeping a team together that looked as though it would go 1-11.
Getting back to the first item, I feel like there were probably things going on a while and no one here can know what happens behind closed doors, but if it is what we assume he might just have broken down.
Finally, infidelity just isn't that unusual and as a species we aren't programmed to be monogamous. I'm not saying it's ok, but a lot of the morally superior people in the world will end up doing stupid things if the situation presents itself enough times. I've seen it enough times to know it's just how human beings really are. Most of the time people come back together and in some cases the couple seem ok with it and are relaxed about it.
I know a guy that was in Iraq in 2003 and his wife was openly banging guys on the base to the point that they were fighting over her. When he got home they got right back to married life and are still together. From what I've heard this is pretty typical with enlisted men and their wives and the guys overseas have a license from their wives to get some side action as well. Whatever. I guess the bottom line is we put too much personal importance into something that for many couples is just a momentary activity for enjoyment.
That's ****ing ridiculous.

Damn, I knew I should have enlisted when I was a young man.

Exactly. We're all fallen humans. Lol at the white knights on here or elsewhere who swear they wouldn't succumb to such depravities if they were betrayed. And then condemn others who even remotely attempt to understand the scenario from that perspective. They're usually the ones with marriages that don't feel like true deep to the core betrayal if there was infidelity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT