ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey has a recipe

for chicken salad, at least. Kudos! We have many injuries, 0 interior defensive linemen that give offensive coordinators a second thought, an average, at best, offensive line...but we do battle. Refreshing. I really hate losing, but the fight is refreshing.
We were playing 3rd string walk ons in the back 7 big minutes tonight. Hell one guy I still am not sure who he was. Sanford played almost the whole game. Purdues QB got the ball out fast and avoided the big mistakes

He brought the best player on this team. If he can bring in a bunch more guys like Palmer I’m all about it.
I’m not the best at reading lips but Mickey sure says the “F” word a lot. Especially around Ron Brown. Shows he doesn’t care what people think. We need players like him.

Reactions: headcard
We were playing 3rd string walk ons in the back 7 big minutes tonight. Hell one guy I still am not sure who he was. Sanford played almost the whole game. Purdues QB got the ball out fast and avoided the big mistakes
A 6 year QB on a solid team @ home. The Purdue QB will make 53 man rosters in the NF. Let him bring more Treys in and it will be better. He’s having to make chicken salad now but give him time and he’ll be a master chief

Last edited:
What do you do though? Make him HC and pay him how much? Somewhat low-ball with incentives? 2 years? 4-5 years? Can we keep doing this? I think he's making improvements, considering what he inherited. But what's the marker. What's good enough this season to keep him VS finding an established HC with record?

What really frustrates me is I am really pulling for Mickey and losing this game hurts his chances big time. And dammit we had it right in our hands.
He just has to go win 3. Win that bowl game and it says a lot. Purdue wins the West unless Illinois has something to say about it.

What do you do though? Make him HC and pay him how much? Somewhat low-ball with incentives? 2 years? 4-5 years? Can we keep doing this? I think he's making improvements, considering what he inherited. But what's the marker. What's good enough this season to keep him VS finding an established HC with record?

We are in a tight spot. But who do you think is that established HC with a proven track record? All the candidates I see floated have a ton of question marks

1000%

this game actually really impressed me about Mickey because the issues that lost the game are completely out of his control.

really hoping he fires Raiola Monday
Gotta gave a better guy if you fire Donovan and I don’t think we do.
What really frustrates me is I am really pulling for Mickey and losing this game hurts his chances big time. And dammit we had it right in our hands.
Casey threw away 11 easy points by missing wide open guys for easy TDs. On that last interception that was an easy TD for Palmer if he lays it out in front of him. Then the bad miss on 3rd down that resulted in settling for a field goal. There’s your ballgame right there

1000%

this game actually really impressed me about Mickey because the issues that lost the game are completely out of his control.

really hoping he fires Raiola Monday

Meh, he wasted two timeouts that would have been really nice to have at the end.

He may end up getting the job because everyone else on Trev's list says no.....but I am not sold on him as a long-term solution.

I want to see his long term plan for assistant coaches (DC, OC in waiting, WR, OL etc). I then want to see the recruiting class hold together and get a feel for what he wants to do portal wise.

He's already got the team playing about as well as they can, so I want to see the other phases of the job about what he plans to do for improving next year.

That will help me evaluate if he continues or not.

Casey threw away 11 easy points by missing wide open guys for easy TDs. On that last interception that was an easy TD for Palmer if he lays it out in front of him. Then the bad miss on 3rd down that resulted in settling for a field goal. There’s your ballgame right there
That missed TD was bad. I had visions of Jammal Lord, but he was practically a fullback playing QB. That dude would lay dudes out on runs. That missed TD was not even close. The pick he threw later was horrible too. I bet 90% of D1 P5 Qb's throw at least a competent throw on both of those. Our horrible 0-line I think has him throwing a lot of hot garbage.

I’m not the best at reading lips but Mickey sure says the “F” word a lot. Especially around Ron Brown. Shows he doesn’t care what people think. We need players like him.
I’m sure Ron and Mickey are good.

Reactions: Bold Words
5 games left. It’s all so challenging to evaluate. At the moment, I prefer an experienced coach, but my mind could be changed. GBR

5 games left. It’s all so challenging to evaluate. At the moment, I prefer an experienced coach, but my mind could be changed. GBR

Which experienced coach would you like to see coaching Nebraska next year?

I heard Devaney speak and he had a very filthy mouth. He thought he was cool around the fans but we felt the opposite.
"we". Ok bro. Our fans love the Bobfather. He was before my time, and I love the guy. He wouldn't last ten minutes today in modern social media. You must have been one of them church Karens from that era. I would take that dude and his harsh language in a second. He could even bang all the cheerleaders and co-eds he wanted if he could win ten games a year and get to a good bowl game every year.

Reactions: JOHNNY N

And you can look at the drops from Purdue as well as plays that make a difference in the outcome.

I agree on Thompson, he wasn't perfect for sure, underthrows a lot on the deep ball which was the rap on him coming in.

But sheesh, Purdue ran over 100 plays on offense! Did I hear that right? That is insane!

Which experienced coach would you like to see coaching Nebraska next year?
Fair question. Would need to know who is really available and interested. Rhule? Campbell? Insert name here? I would take either over making Mickey permanent. Several games left to change my mind and nothing is going to happen until after the Iowa game anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
Less than 18 minutes TOP for the Huskers and two bad turnovers really did them in. I can't remember a Husker team having so little time on offense in any game. At this seasons end, it will be good to see most of these coaches leaving.

Less than 18 minutes TOP for the Huskers and two bad turnovers really did them in. I can't remember a Husker team having so little time on offense in any game. At this seasons end, it will be good to see most of these coaches leaving.
Purdue has a really good run defense, so you didn't see us run nearly as much, and with only the big play downfield working, that's how the TOP got so out of whack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT