ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State. Bowls and sweet 16

jlb321

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014
Only school in history to win 4 consecutive bowl games and advance to sweet 16 4 consecutive years

Remarkable feat.

Originally posted by jlb321:
Only school in history to win 4 consecutive bowl games and advance to sweet 16 4 consecutive years

Remarkable feat.
Advancing to 4 consective sweet 16 is very impressive going to 4 consecutive bowl games many many teams have achieved that accomplishment.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
He said win 4 consecutive.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I meant winning 4 bowl games in a row....my screw up.

Without looking it up quite a few teams have won 4 straight including our beloved Nebraska team.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
He said win 4 consecutive.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I meant winning 4 bowl games in a row....my screw up.

Without looking it up quite a few teams have won 4 straight including our beloved Nebraska team.
Not really as easy of a task these days and in this day and age to win 4 straight bowl games. Go back from this year and name the programs in addition to MSU's current streak that have won 4 straight bowl games? If you go back 4 years from now FSU, was the only other team in the top 25 that has been in and won 4 straight bowl games but they lost to Oregon so they are out. Not Bama, Not Auburn, Not tOSU (remember they were on probation 2 years ago and then lost to Clemson in a bowl game a few years ago.

Being in 4 straight bowl games is not a huge deal, winning 4 straight bowl games (now a days) is a pretty elite feet. NO team in in that final top 25 from this last year had done it besides MSU had won 4 straight bowl games in the last 4 years. Maybe a team or two in addition may have done it, but at a P5 school? Maybe. Not as easy as you are making it out to be.

Sure Neb did it, but for all of Nebraskas storied history we have only been on two 4 game win bowl streaks in our entire history. One was TO's 90's run which was exactly 4 straight and the other was way back from 69-74.

On the b-ball side, it really comes down to coaching. Look at the teams that routinely make it deep in the tournament. The blue-blood coaches seem to find a way every year.

Teams that have Oklahoma, Alabama,Penn State, USC, texas,Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami Fl, Florida Ohio State .... Etc etc.

And the post said first to do it 4bowl wins and sweet sixteen.Not how resent. Obvious not many have won 4 in a row lately.

This post was edited on 3/28 11:49 AM by scarletred

Teams that have Oklahoma, Alabama,Penn State, USC, texas,Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami Fl, Florida Ohio State .... Etc etc.

And the post said first to do it 4bowl wins and sweet sixteen.Not how resent. Obvious not many have won 4 in a row lately.

To be clear This refers to the FB program winning 4 in a row and the BB program going to the sweet 16 4 years in a row. BOTH accomplishments happening in the same 4 yr time span.

Originally posted by jlb321:

To be clear This refers to the FB program winning 4 in a row and the BB program going to the sweet 16 4 years in a row. BOTH accomplishments happening in the same 4 yr time span.
You made that clear the first time by " the first school to ever do both".

I'm more impressed with the 4 years making sweet sixteen than the other that's all.

3 out of those 4 bowl games were Jan 1 games against #20 Georgia, #10 Stamford and #8 Baylor. Pretty impressive wins.

ADVERTISEMENT