ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan fires DC Dom Brown

A few years ago Don Brown was considered one of the top if not the top DC's in the nation. Of course at that time his defense was loaded with NFL prospects. Kind of reminds me of another defensive coach at NU. Great players make coaches look way better than they are. The opposite is true also.

I disagree - what this team really needs is continuity.

They showed major improvement during the last three games of the season.
As I’ve said before, you only want to keep the coaches who develop players well. We have a few that don’t develop at all.

As I’ve said before, you only want to keep the coaches who develop players well. We have a few that don’t develop at all.
Ruud is by far the weakest link on the defensive side.

And it’s really hard to say whether or not Rutlidge was any good as a special teams analyst - he taught the coaches who were then supposed to teach the players. Who knows, maybe Rutlidge did just fine but the coaches couldn’t translate it?

Reactions: WHCSC and Chuck003
A few years ago Don Brown was considered one of the top if not the top DC's in the nation. Of course at that time his defense was loaded with NFL prospects. Kind of reminds me of another defensive coach at NU. Great players make coaches look way better than they are. The opposite is true also.
Thing is Don Brown had some really good defenses at Boston College and that's why he got the Michigan job. Which up until this year, he was considered one of the best in the game. I think what happened to Michigan this year was more of an all around "culture" issue than anybody forgetting how to coach football. JMO.

And it’s really hard to say whether or not Rutlidge was any good as a special teams analyst - he taught the coaches who were then supposed to teach the players. Who knows, maybe Rutlidge did just fine but the coaches couldn’t translate it?
The whole defense has weak links. I wouldn't say Ruud is a weak link more than the others. Chinander should probably be the first to go. Bring in a better coordinator and then see how the assistants perform.

Harbaugh must be trying to save his own ass. Don Brown is a good coach. Michigan's problems have always been on the offensive side of the ball since Harbaugh got there.

He may be a good coach, but he fails to adjust his scheme and that D has been trending down for awhile.

He may be a good coach, but he fails to adjust his scheme and that D has been trending down for awhile.
I'm willing to give a pass to a guy who produced four top 5 defenses in a row. If Chinander came anywhere close to matching that, I'd probably do the same thing.

Reactions: WHCSC
I'm willing to give a pass to a guy who produced four top 5 defenses in a row. If Chinander came anywhere close to matching that, I'd probably do the same thing.

Hell yes, because Nebraska would be National Champs with this offen...

...err wait,nevermind.

I suppose when you’re on the hot seat you make changes or it’s your butt next..

Word of advice for SF sooner than later..

What if one of the coaches took on Special teams, but we kept Rutledge to assist behind the scenes.

wonder what Scott sees as the disconnect

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT