ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Basketball

Husker Red 182

Walk On
Oct 28, 2019
How do you feel about how the big ten handled Michigan’s COVID situation vs Nebraska’s? I understand reasoning for not loading their scheduling and fatiguing before ncaa tournament, however I think it is a dangerous game to different rules for people based on postseason outlook.

How do you feel about how the big ten handled Michigan’s COVID situation vs Nebraska’s? I understand reasoning for not loading their scheduling and fatiguing before ncaa tournament, however I think it is a dangerous game to different rules for people based on postseason outlook.
Typical B1G treatment of the 2 schools who own the conference, OSU and Michigan. That said, IF I were on the NU basketball team, I would rather play games than practice.

Fred and the players want the game experience. They opted to play the schedule. Michigan knows they will get into the tournament. No need to burn themselves out with meanless games. Nebraska is a different situation. They need all the game experience they can get to get better. NEBRASKA CHOSE TO PLAY. They were not forced to play.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Does it matter? We are so bad you could let us choose when we play, who the officials are, the venue, what ball we use, what music is played and we would still lose most games.

Reactions: Red I 73
Fred and the players want the game experience. They opted to play the schedule. Michigan knows they will get into the tournament. No need to burn themselves out with meanless games. Nebraska is a different situation. They need all the game experience they can get to get better. NEBRASKA CHOSE TO PLAY. They were not forced to play.
They didn’t opt out. Good for them.

Michigan stoppage was later in the seasons compared to Nebraska so there isn’t enough open dates before the Big 10 tournament...

The biggest move is scheduling back the Illinois game which will have ramification involving the Big 10 regular season champions..

Illinois gets the short end of the stock having to end the season on the road the last 3 games of the season now.

at Wisconsin
at Michigan
at tOSU

I think you're looking for shadows in the dark. If Nebraska was competitive and playing for anything other than experience I'd worry about comparing situations. Since we're one of the worst teams in the country I don't see a reason to worry about how we're treated compared to one of the best teams in the country.

As a player (at that age), I would love to be playing games every other night. As a coach probably not.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT