ADVERTISEMENT

Meyers to sign with Astros

Super bummer. I honestly thought Schreiber and Alvarado were more likely to sign. Hopefully, at least one of those two will return...
Actually, based on his comments prior to getting drafted, I thought Meyers would probably go unless he was drafted real low. Just sounds like he really wants to get started on his pro career. I would guess Schreiber has the greatest chance of coming back just because he was drafted the lowest of them.

Super bummer. I honestly thought Schreiber and Alvarado were more likely to sign. Hopefully, at least one of those two will return...
Going in I didnt think (no one probably did) that Jake would get drafted this high. After ..... I saw a lot of speculation he wouldnt sign due to Paul's financial stability and/or relationship with DE. Thats Paul's money and Paul's relationship, not Jake's (but certainly not implying he also doesnt have a great relationship with DE).

If he got ~$100k signing bonus, its the right move for him as next year it wouldnt happen. However, if there was any doubt in his mind about signing or coming back I wonder if Schreiber and Alvarado have already decided to forgo their last year and that maybe put Jake over the hump with his decision? Just speculation, but I would now be shocked if either came back (but I pretty much expected Alvarado to go all along if taken in the first 15 rounds).

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT