ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer text messages allegedly recovered re: asst domestic abuse in 2015

I'm pretty sure there was one where he admitted to choking her in Punta Cana...
That's what I was talking about. He never actually admitted to choking her. She probably made up the story about him choking her and reminded him of that a 1,000 times and he finally got tired of denying it. She's a serial manipulator. He replied "I know" but was probably replying to something completely different than the fake choking incident.

There couldn’t have been someone better than Jeff Snook to bring these allegations to light? He’s authored 4 books, all about Ohio State football, with one titled, “What it Means to be a Buckeye”...

Please don’t misunderstand my post. I’m not speaking to guilt or innocence. If someone else could have shared this, it might have more authority than Snook...

Because the wife’s estranged mother also backs up Smith’s mom’s account of the story.
So it may be possible that this IS a long term (since 2013) plan by Courtney Smith for revenge......at least according to her own mother that is the case. Multiple outlets reporting this now. The plot thickens. Who would have thunk it.Winking Good thing we didn't break out the noose.

So it may be possible that this IS a long term (since 2013) plan by Courtney Smith for revenge......at least according to her own mother that is the case. Multiple outlets reporting this now. The plot thickens. Who would have thunk it.Winking Good thing we didn't break out the noose.

Either way, you still don't pick your wife up by the neck even if she is crazy.

Reactions: Skerz4Life50
Correct me if I'm wrong but Smith's guilt or innocence isn't the issue here in regards to Urbans job. It's the fact that he learned of an alleged incident and brushed it under the rug. If that's the case I think his job should still be in jeopardy.

Either way, I cant wait to see the GameDay signs this fall.

It’s a good thing all the speculators know mom and daughter have had and still do have a great relationship where there’s no reason to question the judgement of the mom.

All this back and forth every idea is a game changer is foolish. Did the coach do this? Likely but never will be proven and sounds like no pushing to have it proven. Does this mean Meyer followed protocols and did the right thing? Doesn’t show Propst either way. Is Meyer a winning coach? Yes. Is he a man of high ethics and character? Outside of Tebow what evidence exists to back up such a statement. Seems we have a great number of people wanting to decide that.

In less that’s two weeks, we shall all see what tOSU officially decides about his character and ability to follow protocols.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Smith's guilt or innocence isn't the issue here in regards to Urbans job. It's the fact that he learned of an alleged incident and brushed it under the rug. If that's the case I think his job should still be in jeopardy.

Either way, I cant wait to see the GameDay signs this fall.
IF we're going to start firing football coaches for "brushing things under the rug" there won't be any left. IF Urban reported the alleged incidents to his superiors and police if previously unreported, he had no responsibility beyond that to do anything. Firing the guy wasn't going to change anything and in fact would probably have been harmful to his wife and children. Was he supposed to hold a press conference reporting that his assistant had been accused of spousal abuse? Where was the media when the initial police reports came out? Why not all the outrage back then? No, the issue is not that Urban may have "swept something under the rug". The issue is that the media has their panties in a wad over Urban lying in that one press conference. Their outrage over Urban supposedly "covering up" the incidents is exceeded only by their glee at a scandalous sport's story to fill their columns and air time. People who loathe Urban's success and image are lapping up the stories like a cat in a creamery. IF Urban hadn't fibbed in that press conference, this story would have been over with a day or two after it broke.

IF we're going to start firing football coaches for "brushing things under the rug" there won't be any left. IF Urban reported the alleged incidents to his superiors and police if previously unreported, he had no responsibility beyond that to do anything. Firing the guy wasn't going to change anything and in fact would probably have been harmful to his wife and children. Was he supposed to hold a press conference reporting that his assistant had been accused of spousal abuse? Where was the media when the initial police reports came out? Why not all the outrage back then? No, the issue is not that Urban may have "swept something under the rug". The issue is that the media has their panties in a wad over Urban lying in that one press conference. Their outrage over Urban supposedly "covering up" the incidents is exceeded only by their glee at a scandalous sport's story to fill their columns and air time. People who loathe Urban's success and image are lapping up the stories like a cat in a creamery. IF Urban hadn't fibbed in that press conference, this story would have been over with a day or two after it broke.
I agree. But also I doubt the media are truly outraged by this now or mad that he lied to them. They don't give a shit about any of that. What they care about are ratings. Clicks on the web. Money. Getting the "big story", and "gotcha" journalism where you can bring down a big name and advance your career. Journalists really are like sharks. One drop of blood in the water that comes from a big name person, and every shark for miles goes on a feeding frenzy.

Reactions: bshirt73
would be willing to wager that the wife of Tom Herman was his source...all this over losing a recruit to OSU from Austin

Question: if Zach Smith didn’t do anything then why was he fired???

Either way OSU has some explaining to do. And if they fired him without cause they better get out their checkbook.

ADVERTISEMENT