ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer text messages allegedly recovered re: asst domestic abuse in 2015

Too late.

By that, they meant any NEW bombs that may be dropped by that fired coach. He swore that if he ever got fired, he'd take everyone down with him. Could be bluster, could be dangerous. Point is, fire him now and try to contain what you can.

Reactions: headcard
By that, they meant any NEW bombs that may be dropped by that fired coach. He swore that if he ever got fired, he'd take everyone down with him. Could be bluster, could be dangerous. Point is, fire him now and try to contain what you can.
Like this?

They may not have to, this could be the elusive "with cause" firing that basically lets OSU fire him free of charge.

He's in deep shit here. Dragging feet for years is bad. Lying about dragging feet just might be the rope he hanged himself with.

What a pair of empty cans rattling at each other their WR coach and Dubs turned out to be. One a drunk and the other a beater. Self loathing usually finds a way to make noise at somebody else.

thats right. They will have the right to fire him with cause so they wont have to pay him. Now OSU could just buy him out for pennies on the dollar and try to make it go away. IMO that is what is happening right now, thats why there has been no comment from OSU.

thats right. They will have the right to fire him with cause so they wont have to pay him. Now OSU could just buy him out for pennies on the dollar and try to make it go away. IMO that is what is happening right now, thats why there has been no comment from OSU.

It would be really interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Meyer/lawyer/administration meeting. Imagine the ideas that are getting throw out there.

Reactions: Sous Chef
IF he's fired it'll be with cause. Agreed that IF it's a firing it's meyer trying to negotiate (agent) some kind of severance

They're having the "Alright you little shit, what the f*** did you actually know and when did you know it because now it's MY ass if I look like I'm covering for you, so we're all done trotting out the lies" conversation.

Probably similar to one he probably had at UF where they let him know it was time for him to have some "health concerns" and get gone before he took the whole program down with him.

They're having the "Alright you little shit, what the f*** did you actually know and when did you know it because now it's MY ass if I look like I'm covering for you, so we're all done trotting out the lies" conversation.

Probably similar to one he probably had at UF where they let him know it was time for him to have some "health concerns" and get gone before he took the whole program down with him.

After they got that out of the way they all looked at the lawyers and said, 'can we keep him? how can we play this?' And then some real interesting pitches came out.

The thing that is blowing my mind right now is Brett isn't even employed by ESPN, FOX, CBSSports, ANYbody and it's now just starting to make national headlines. Dude is straight slaying the consumer-direct communication model.

So now my question is, if Meyer and OSU "part ways" there is no way in hell Buckeye fans going to accept Kevin Wilson or Greg Schiano as their head coach. Who will the next coach be?

They'll have an interim coach in 2018, then hire Matt Campbell away from ISU. And Campbell will have them back in the playoffs quick, the guy can coach.

They'll have an interim coach in 2018, then hire Matt Campbell away from ISU. And Campbell will have them back in the playoffs quick, the guy can coach.

That's a really hot prediction. Personally, I hope Campbell stays at ISU for years; I've always had a soft spot for that program and it would actually be pretty cool to see them become a legit winning program.

Am I not seeing the texts or any other piece of evidence that shows Meyer did know? Is everyone just drawing a straight line between his wife knowing, so that means he must know? You don't fire Urban Meyer unless more info comes out that shows he knew, AKA, lied his ass off.

giphy.gif

Am I not seeing the texts or any other piece of evidence that shows Meyer did know? Is everyone just drawing a straight line between his wife knowing, so that means he must know? You don't fire Urban Meyer unless more info comes out that shows he knew, AKA, lied his ass off.
The wife of one of his closest staffs members said Meyer was informed and asked ZS about it to which ZS denied everything

Reactions: TheBeav815
That is the question that this all hinges on is what did Urban know? I think th texts show that his wife did know, and possibly did not report it. As a University employee, if she didn't report it, then she committed a Title IX violation. In one way or another, one of them is most likely getting fired/or will be resigning

The wife of one of his closest staffs members said Meyer was informed and asked ZS about it to which ZS denied everything

So the answer is there isn't anything proving he did know...…. yet? Sure seems like people are all fired up to sentence a guy to life in front of the firing squad for something that isn't as cut and dry as they're trying to make it. You're talking about the second best guy at this job on the planet, you don't fire him without proof.

Reactions: oldjar07
What I want to know is why the hell wasn't Zach Smith ever charged with anything? There was obvious evidence of stalking and abuse(see photos). I had heard an interview on the radio with Smith's wife asking why charges were never pressed and she really didn't know why. I know at one point(2009 maybe?) that she refused to press charges, but seeing that there have been more incidents, I am surprised that no charges have ever been filed. I believe that in domestic cases, that even if a battered spouse doesn't want to press charges, that charges can still be pressed by the prosecutor. I assume that if the spouse doesn't cooperate, it makes it harder though.

BTW, has anyone seen Smith's Twitter account? In his profile he has #notme. What a friggin scumbag.

I'm a little torn on this I never have cared for Urban as a coach or a person and if he enabled DV he deserves to be ousted but on the other hand I want to see him still the coach and when Frost gets our team rolling I wanted us to be the one rattling Bucky's cage

Reactions: Husker5
I'm a little torn on this I never have cared for Urban as a coach or a person and if he enabled DV he deserves to be ousted but on the other hand I want to see him still the coach and when Frost gets our team rolling I wanted us to be the one rattling Bucky's cage
That's a mountain that would take a lot of years to climb. He's done nothing but pull down monster classes since he arrived. And the players didn't suck before he got there.

BTW, how dumb is Urban Meyer by essentially challenging Courtney Smith to prove the truth? If there is one woman you don't want to challenge...it's a woman that has been repeatedly beaten by her husband. He put all the cards in her hand by saying in public last week that he had no idea about a spousal abuse incident with Smith from 2015. He is essentially calling her a liar in public, just daring her to come out with info that can completely sink him. And that is what she did. Why on Earth would he be so ridiculously stupid? He should have been opening up his pocketbook instead of his mouth.

Reactions: bomber89
Interesting, they are probably investigating whether or no they can fire him with cause. At this point I think he's toast I dont know of anyome who has been put on leave and not been eventually canned

Didn’t the Arizona Basketball Head Coach get put on administrative leave this winter?

things are eventually going to progress to the point where these high profile coaches are going to have legal counsel present for all interviews.

Urban was ill prepared to answer difficult questions posed during what was supposed to be a conference love fest at BIG ten media days.

A simple "no comment" or "i'm not going to comment until i have had a chance to adequately review the facts of the allegations" would have gone a long way. It's amazing how supposedly smart people feel compelled to answer all questions when a microphone is put in their face.

things are eventually going to progress to the point where these high profile coaches are going to have legal counsel present for all interviews.

Urban was ill prepared to answer difficult questions posed during what was supposed to be a conference love fest at BIG ten media days.

A simple "no comment" or "i'm not going to comment until i have had a chance to adequately review the facts of the allegations" would have gone a long way. It's amazing how supposedly smart people feel compelled to answer all questions when a microphone is put in their face.
Or just don't keep a POS wife beater on your staff for years when you know about the abuse. Then you don't have to worry about keeping your story straight.

It's decided, all that's going on now is the ironing out of the details a
HEZ DONE

Reactions: TheNewNU
Or just don't keep a POS wife beater on your staff for years when you know about the abuse. Then you don't have to worry about keeping your story straight.

it is my understanding that while having him on staff wasn't good - it is Urb claiming he didn't know about the prior happenings is what has him in hot water

if he says - "I am aware of the prior event. I spoke with coach x and thought he deserved a second chance. Unfortunately recent events prove that I was wrong ... etc, etc" much if this blows over

Reactions: huskerfan66
tOSU is about as grimey as all these $EC programs. I think they find some way to keep Urban.

I think Meyer is out. OSU fired Tressel for covering up free tattoos. They will have no choice but to can him for a much more egregious act of covering up domestic violence.
No, the Tressel scandal went way beyond free tattoos. It showed a program that was completely without oversight.

Maurice Clarett was the first piece of evidence on that front at OSU NOT Tressel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT