ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer text messages allegedly recovered re: asst domestic abuse in 2015

They've been covering up for this kind of stuff long before the golden age of Facebook and Twitter. In fact, it was a lot worse in the past. But don't let that stop you from shaking your finger.

You are right, why bitch about some kids getting sexually abuse at PSU or several girls being sexually abused at MSU, or a player murdering at teammate at Baylor. It is just the world we live in. Boy I wish I could have your sunny out look on things!

Dont forget UM has a lot of allies at his former employer, ESPN
I'm sure that's true but it doesn't really matter whether ESPN covers it or not. There are plenty of other news outlets who will. ESPN won't save Urban from the glare of other reports.

$35 million no cause buyout. That’s a lot of cheese if they can’t find direct evidence that he knew. I am not saying he didn’t know and I am not saying he should not have known. But attorneys are pretty smart people, He won’t be walking away for free

Sure hope Urb didn't know anything because 1) it will make him just that much more of a d-bag and 2) he will be gone and gets to avoid having to face the Huskers with a real coach.

Not if the world's biggest sports brand has anything to say about it. All will be forgiven in the end. The swoosh will help out somehow.
Nike wont have much pull here. They dont want the swoosh representing wife batterers. I mean for Pete's sake the best Oregon could do was get Mario Cristobal.

I don't think he's going anywhere. I could be waaaay wrong here, it's been known to happen. I thought Riley would kill it here, and I thought Leaf would be a better QB than Manning, so bet my hunches at your own risk, but I'm betting he stays. I don't think enough people are really as outraged about this as some fans from opposing programs think.

You are right, why bitch about some kids getting sexually abuse at PSU or several girls being sexually abused at MSU, or a player murdering at teammate at Baylor. It is just the world we live in. Boy I wish I could have your sunny out look on things!

I never said that. I said that things are not worse today. We just know more about them. I'm with you on the disgust part.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Due to Title IX he is toast! He will never coach again on top of it.

Due to Title IX he is toast! He will never coach again on top of it.

It's a very serious violation. OSU needs to get out in front of this ASAP. Its going to be expensive to buy him out, hire a new coach, and pay whatever else they have to pay as a settlement. On top of that, its a huge blow to their already questionable reputation, and I also wonder about sanctions forthcoming?

It's a very serious violation. OSU needs to get out in front of this ASAP. Its going to be expensive to buy him out, hire a new coach, and pay whatever else they have to pay as a settlement. On top of that, its a huge blow to their already questionable reputation, and I also wonder about sanctions forthcoming?
There won't be sanctions.Partly because he will no longer be employed there.

They may not have to, this could be the elusive "with cause" firing that basically lets OSU fire him free of charge.

He's in deep shit here. Dragging feet for years is bad. Lying about dragging feet just might be the rope he hanged himself with.

What a pair of empty cans rattling at each other their WR coach and Dubs turned out to be. One a drunk and the other a beater. Self loathing usually finds a way to make noise at somebody else.

I highly doubt they would have to pay the full settlement. I would assume that this has at least some justification for cause firing and that there would be some sort of settlement similar to Jim McElwain. I don’t obviously know all the exact details, but UM lied, covered up, didn’t report, etc...

A big issue for OSU/Meyer right now is that McMurphy says he has more texts and more pictures that haven't been released yet. They have to be really careful about what they say in a statement. If they try and weather this and keep Meyer, they have to have no more info come out that could damage them.

They may not have to, this could be the elusive "with cause" firing that basically lets OSU fire him free of charge.

He's in deep shit here. Dragging feet for years is bad. Lying about dragging feet just might be the rope he hanged himself with.

What a pair of empty cans rattling at each other their WR coach and Dubs turned out to be. One a drunk and the other a beater. Self loathing usually finds a way to make noise at somebody else.

Lol, oh shit, I forgot about that!

A big issue for OSU/Meyer right now is that McMurphy says he has more texts and more pictures that haven't been released yet. They have to be really careful about what they say in a statement. If they try and weather this and keep Meyer, they have to have no more info come out that could damage them.

That is why Bleacher Report just posted that they have to fire him ASAP. They have to try to get out ahead of all of the possible damage that could be coming still, as fast as they can.

I highly doubt they would have to pay the full settlement. I would assume that this has at least some justification for cause firing and that there would be some sort of settlement similar to Jim McElwain. I don’t obviously know all the exact details, but UM lied, covered up, didn’t report, etc...
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about that.

ADVERTISEMENT