ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer text messages allegedly recovered re: asst domestic abuse in 2015

There is pictures...that will be the smoking gun. He clearly saw this women had been beat to hell and did nothing. No pictures and he is fine...pictures and now he is going to have to and say "Ummm, I must have forgot seeing these pictures"

He is done.

Nothing will happen

And why do you think that?? Don’t you remember what happened to them over a tattoo deal and hell, let’s be honest...that’s not even close to a big deal as this. OSUcks could be headed for another rough few seasons like they did with there last head coach. I’d have no problem watching OSUcks fall apart again, if so and it does happen AGAIN....hopefully this time it takes them longer to recover.

And why do you think that?? Don’t you remember what happened to them over a tattoo deal and hell, let’s be honest...that’s not even close to a big deal as this. OSUcks could be headed for another rough few seasons like they did with there last head coach. I’d have no problem watching OSUcks fall apart again, if so and it does happen AGAIN....hopefully this time it takes them longer to recover.

Because people in high places seem to find a way of getting out of stuff like this. Happens all the time. Now if this was a MeToo type of thing, that's another story. People would want to distance themselves from him ASAP.

If the negative stuff is true:

Hire Bo Pelini, great player .....alumni...Buckeye....Ohio Native....always wanted this to be his dream job.

His biggest mishap is holding a
"cat".
- hahah thats off eleven warriors in the comments

Saban shows up in sec & Urban leaves. Frost shows up in B1G & Urban will leave. I see a pattern of being scared. Laughing

There's three points of interest in my mind regarding this whole thing:

1- Even if all of this checks out, I still firmly believe nothing will happen IMO. Michigan State and Baylor have gotten away with much worse this decade and not a lot has happened to their programs. Don't get me wrong though, Urban's seat is blazing hot right now.

2- Abuse of any kind should have no place in our society, especially in college football. Yet, it happens again and again. Hopefully Moos and HCSF use this as exhibit A to our entire athletic department moving forward of how to deal with these things if/when they arise.

3- Just like back in December with Frost, Brett McMurphy is first to the story. I know it's investigative journalism and it is absolutely in my mind necessary a certain type of oxygen for democracy in our country, but why did it come from him first?

I think his job might be in danger. It is one thing to turn a blind eye to domestic abuse by someone on your staff. If you are called out on it you 'fess up and say "My bad. Sorry. I have learned my lesson and won't do it again. I will be attending domestic abuse sensitivity training because of this lesson." But it is another thing entirely to publicly deny knowing and flat-out lying about it. Boards of Regents and the like hate that kind of deception. This might very well be it for Meyer.

Yeah, looking at this more and more, I think Urban is gonna be toast.

1.) they fired Tressel, when they were dominant, over a tattoo scandal.
2.) this is much more simliar to the Penn State disaster than it is to tattoo-gate, in that actual criminal harm was done and the head coach, at the very least, intentionally ignored it for years.

Not only that, I wouldn't be shocked if his isn't the only head that rolls over the course of the next few days.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Yeah, looking at this more and more, I think Urban is gonna be toast.

1.) they fired Tressel, when they were dominant, over a tattoo scandal.
2.) this is much more simliar to the Penn State disaster than it is to tattoo-gate, in that actual criminal harm was done and the head coach, at the very least, intentionally ignored it for years.

Not only that, I wouldn't be shocked if his isn't the only head that rolls over the course of the next few days.

He didn't get fired over the scandal itself, he got fired for the cover up. He'd have been fine if he would have just fallen on his sword.

He didn't get fired over the scandal itself, he got fired for the cover up. He'd have been fine if he would have just fallen on his sword.

My memory of those events is a little hazy, but you're right, I believe it was the coverup that did Tressel in.

This seems much worse. Urban knew about this stuff dating back to at least 2015, and this guy had incidents back in the Florida days.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This country has become morally bankrupt! The constant covering up of these types of scandals in athletics, politics, business and government is insane!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Urban-Meyer-faking-it.jpg

This country has become morally bankrupt! The constant covering up of these types of scandals in athletics, politics, business and government is insane!
Has become? Its been this way forever. "Brotherhoods" and "fraternities" covering shit up for and turning a blind eye to all kinds of shit. I personally know someone who grew up with an abusive alcoholic police officer father. Anyone do anything to help wife and kids? Nope. Gotta look out for you own.

I live in Columbus. I would expect OSU to come out with some statement this afternoon. The players report for fall camp tomorrow. This has to be resolved now. I would not be surprised if a change is made. Schiano would probably be named as an interim coach. Kevin Wilson would also be considered. I have no inside information just my gut feeling.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I live in Columbus. I would expect OSU to come out with some statement this afternoon. The players report for fall camp tomorrow. This has to be resolved now. I would not be surprised if a change is made. Schiano would probably be named as an interim coach. Kevin Wilson would also be considered. I have no inside information just my gut feeling.

I think you're right. This afternoon is going to be very interesting.

Are any other of their assistant coaches at risk? Who else was tight with this serial abuser and came with Urban from his old Florida staff?

I also agree that Schiano is probably going to take over as interim head coach.

Schiano the same guy that was hired then not hired at Tennessee. Wow, sometimes you just fall into it.

ADVERTISEMENT